Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Why do Americans bolt their food and go ?

Why do Americans bolt their food and go ?

Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do Americans bolt their food and go ?

Originally Posted by exvj
Cindy -Research shows that I am not the first Yorkshireman to be attributed with being opinionated and stark and a generaliser and I am sure the rest of the Brits are giggling at that coz we are known for it.
I'm British and I'm not giggling at it - I don't think your kind of borderline bigotted and offensive generalisations are big, clever or funny.

We didnt get known as England's Texas for nothing. In our culture, those are considered highly enviable attributes, attainments even
Speak for yourself, dude, not in all aspects of British culture.

, whereas in the US its all 'have a nice day' and 'you are a very special person, thank you for visiting us today' before the welcoming smile slowly fades into a gray sneer ... We think our way is better but it's each to his own.
Who is the 'we' in that statement?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:26 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Cindy - I was reading this and waiting for you to really stick it to me and you didn't. I see that as movement towards serenity and understanding. Research shows that I am not the first Yorkshireman to be attributed with being opinionated and stark and a generaliser and I am sure the rest of the Brits are giggling at that coz we are known for it. We didnt get known as England's Texas for nothing. In our culture, those are considered highly enviable attributes, attainments even, whereas in the US its all 'have a nice day' and 'you are a very special person, thank you for visiting us today' before the welcoming smile slowly fades into a gray sneer ... We think our way is better but it's each to his own.

I only cry foul when the poster gets obscene. Ladies who take home half of a $50 meal and think it's worth $25 are entitled to their different opinion.
I think a $50 meal is $10 food plus $40 ambiance and they are taking home $5 and that's when it's sizzling hot. That's just exchanging different opinions and it's not the starting gun for cyber war.

Now I have whetted your appetite for the Viking culture of Yorkshire, I offer you this explantory video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
Why were you waiting for me to stick it to you? I don't get honestly well and true angry just for the sake of raising my blood pressure. The effort to project true acidic bile I save for SERIOUS things in my non cyber life-unemployment, ignorance, social injustice, etc, etc..

I voiced my opinion as simple as that.

Thank you for the video. I have some Yorkshire roots myself. I spent a lovely week at a self catering flat in York a few years back. I could stand on the front step of the flat, spit and hit the city wall. DH and I availed ourselves of all the history we could while we were there. Per Bill Bryson's urging, we visited Durham Cathedral and became fans. NB I know that's Northumbria, but that's part of my roots as well.

I've studied British history longer than some of the posters on here have been alive, , years before I knew the DH. My intense interest in it pretty much stops with the Napoleonic Wars though. Perhaps because then your colony, at least for half of my family, became my country, I don't know.

It's all very interesting.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

no accounting for taste - end of story
Originally Posted by cindyabs
If you're going to be a truth teller Alan, tell all of the truth.
Alan, does your wife still beat you?

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
More like pot stirrer.....
I called him a spurtle first.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:36 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did you read the same post as me?....because I thought Cindy really and truly stuck it to you.
Perhaps I am not as as paranoid and touchy as some say - I thought she was quite restrained and i didnt take offence at any of it..

Pick a sexual organ and call me it and it will be a different story - that's fair enough isn't it ?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:40 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

meauxymatosis is here !

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
In the master's chamber they are gathering for the feast

They stab him with their steely knives but they still can't kill the beast !

Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I am not as as paranoid and touchy as some say - I thought she was quite restrained and i didnt take offence at any of it..

Pick a sexual organ and call me it and it will be a different story - that's fair enough isn't it ?
Hopefully you have noticed what she and others have said because there seem to be quite a few who are getting very tired of your style and content of posting.

meauxymatosis is here !

Bingo!!! Cindy got you in one didn't she?

It seems to be a pattern. We go along just fine, trading posts and observations, and then you insert some little snide zinger is and wham. Then you sit there and say "what?", "what did I do, I only said".........and then you paraphrase Nixon with the old well you won't have me to kick around anymore."
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

meauxymatosis is here !

Get over yourself.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:48 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Get over yourself.
He can't
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

meauxymatosis is here !

Yeah, so let's get onto the good stuff, Alan. Maybe we can get to the root of your issue here, we all love to help. Is it PTSD? Delusions? What is it that causes these strange twists in logic? Did she hurt your head? Does she still exist? Do you project all this stuff onto the American women here because you can't/don't dare with your own American woman?

Funny, I just karma'd Manc for his siggy line. And of course, I am a California Girl and have actually stayed at The Hotel. You've been doing your homework!
Oh, were you trying to make some other point?

Last edited by meauxna; Nov 9th 2009 at 12:59 am.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
Alan, does your wife still beat you?

I called him a spurtle first.
I have been told to attend to the style and content of my postings. I wouldn't like to be seen as provocative
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 110 hours (not continually) trying to stab the damn World Hydra in Castle Age on FB with my steely knife and it still didn't die.

Sal, I couldn've used some help from Damon!!!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 110 hours (not continually) trying to stab the damn World Hydra in Castle Age on FB with my steely knife and it still didn't die.

Sal, I couldn've used some help from Damon!!!
Do you mean Dante? Yeah you could
Attached Images  

Last edited by Sally Redux; Nov 9th 2009 at 1:09 am.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:12 am
Sursum corda

Do you mean Dante? Yeah you could
Yeah, him too.

Sigh.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, him too.

Sigh.
I haven't tried any of the games on FB.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:17 am
Sursum corda

I haven't tried any of the games on FB.
Ah well...................

There's a few of us on here that are in the Mafia, Vampires, Castle Age, and of course my first love, Pirates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.