US build quality

Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:53 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US build quality

Originally Posted by Rushman
Would you like a saucer of milk now?
I don't do milk

NC Penguin
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
didn't ask for worldwide nonce

But there's generally the shitty Dell, IBM and deep blue....plenty of software, but that don't count, and Autodesk is Canadian and they bought Kinetik/Discreet and Alias.
You speaking in tongues again there Bob?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Although, I must say, it is a pleasure to remodel over here. Our homes were built like the UK's ones are and it was a real pain in the behind and very expensive to redo anything. That's the upside. The downside is that it gets all blown away in a strong wind
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Like what? What American made product has a worldwide reknown reputation for excellence?..

(and don't say "Microsoft" Bob)
Erm........Boeing!

Jim.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:34 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Erm........Boeing!

Jim.
Have a google and see how much of the parts on a Boeing are actually US made.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:38 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
a no moaning day today sally so i'm keeping schtummmmm except to say good luck and buy german
FFS now you're telling me!

Only a week ago I bought a bloody Maytag washer because of your recommendation!

But I've got your number...
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:41 am
Account Closed

Is that like a ' I've got your number and I will call you and give you an earful' kind of number of is it a 'I'm gonna call my uncle Vinnie to pay you a visit' kinda number?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Is that like a ' I've got your number and I will call you and give you an earful' kind of number of is it a 'I'm gonna call my uncle Vinnie to pay you a visit' kinda number?
she gave me the contract... .its pending ...
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:47 am
Account Closed

Ah, so you're the Vinnie that keeps leaving hangups on my caller ID....
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:51 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Ah, so you're the Vinnie that keeps leaving hangups on my caller ID....
Not me ... I only call collect .........
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
FFS now you're telling me!

Only a week ago I bought a bloody Maytag washer because of your recommendation!

But I've got your number...

lol on cue elvira, knew you'd come back to me on that one
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
Luck of the draw...some of it ain't bad....but there is a whole lot of crap out there...but then it's the throw away society, make it cheap, let it break and replace mentality...

Though the water heater bricking it would have really pissed me off
Minimal design life. Cheapest components available. Make it last just as long as the warranty does.....to the day if you can.
It wasn't always this way, you hear......design for disassembly hardly exists anymore - it used to be the norm......

I've worked on design of machines for the airlines/auto manuf, they want it to last 5 years - no more. Its depreciated to nothing and get another one. Dont want quality.....just a machine to get it done and replace.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:05 pm
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TruBrit
a no moaning day today sally so i'm keeping schtummmmm except to say good luck and buy german

Hmm! I bought a Karcher pressure washer on Ebay, supposedly new and German designed and manufactured. I piped it all up and it pi***d water from inside - I didn't connect it to the electric supply. Further investigation revealed that the plastic hose connector inside the casing had broken. OK, one off manufacturing fault I thought. I sent it back.

I then saw the same pressure washer at Wal-Mart for a similar price to Ebay, so I bought one. When I got home, guess what? Yep, it was broken IN THE SAME PLACE. So I took it back again and got a replacement - I don't know if this one works yet 'cos I've not tried it.

The moral of this story is even if it's German-made, it can still be cheap and nasty.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
Hmm! I bought a Karcher pressure washer on Ebay, supposedly new and German designed and manufactured. I piped it all up and it pi***d water from inside - I didn't connect it to the electric supply. Further investigation revealed that the plastic hose connector inside the casing had broken. OK, one off manufacturing fault I thought. I sent it back.

I then saw the same pressure washer at Wal-Mart for a similar price to Ebay, so I bought one. When I got home, guess what? Yep, it was broken IN THE SAME PLACE. So I took it back again and got a replacement - I don't know if this one works yet 'cos I've not tried it.

The moral of this story is even if it's German-made, it can still be cheap and nasty.
German designed, or german made?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:30 pm
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Toontje
German designed, or german made?

Both!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.