US build quality

Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US build quality

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
I thought it was just me with the car parts. I bought a used car from a dealer and when I test drove it there was a 'thunk, thunk, thunk' noise from one of the tyres. Fair enough, the dealer replaced all the tyres with Coopers tyres and, yep, although the noise was much less, the new tyres also 'thunk, thunk, thunk'. Poor quality crap. Now that I'm listening for it, I hear it on most other cars too.

Went to the Philly car show at the weekend and the difference in build quality between the US-owned and foreign car makers is stark. Get your act together GM/Ford/Daimler-Chrysler.

I have a Jeep that's like a creaky old house. Perhaps the natives are making up for their lack of heritage by building it into their cars.
So you're the reason they sacked all those people?!?!?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:41 pm
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Partystar
So you're the reason they sacked all those people?!?!?

Yep, the plant earmarked for closure is in the town where I live. I had a quiet word with the management...

Last edited by Warrington Wolf; Feb 16th 2007 at 3:07 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
Yep, the plant earmarked for closure is in the town where I live. I had a quiet word with the management...
Watch out for burning bags on your doorstep, they contain poo!!!