Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Gingerert
I'm glad someone else hates this too!
At least they don't hear your accent, make a few incorrect mental leaps in their head, then call it a 'brogue' and bang on about how great the forkin' IRA are. I'd kill for a few 'cute accent' comments sometimes.

That's a big peeve of mine
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:37 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
At least they don't hear your accent, make a few incorrect mental leaps in their head, then call it a 'brogue' and bang on about how great the forkin' IRA are. I'd kill for a few 'cute accent' comments sometimes.

That's a big peeve of mine
When my neighbor came here over 20 years ago she had to grin and bare 'them' marching in parades etc and asking for 'donations' in the bars etc.

I can imagine how annoying it is and was.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
When my neighbor came here over 20 years ago she had to grin and bare 'them' marching in parades etc and asking for 'donations' in the bars etc.

I can imagine how annoying it is and was.
Donations for 'the cause', right? At least here I can tell them to **** off, and I couldn't have done that back in Belfast
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Location: I lived in PA until 2005 when we moved to S.E. Virginia.
Linneyb123 has a brilliant futureLinneyb123 has a brilliant futureLinneyb123 has a brilliant futureLinneyb123 has a brilliant futureLinneyb123 has a brilliant futureLinneyb123 has a brilliant future

Hey Bob, Having a bad day are you? Re:cyclists - they should be banned from nature trails, they come up silently behind my horse when I'm out trail riding and scare the poop out of my poor horse who in turn scares the poop out of me while he tries to escape from the monster cyclist. Cyclist oblivious to the rearing, plunging animal trying to ditch his elderly rider.
Zebra crossings? No such thing in U.S. step on one at your peril. How about the "WalMarters" who seem to think the aisles are gathering places to gossip and block fellow shoppers. Maybe it is just here in the south but I honestly think "WalMarting" is a form of clubbing!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
People standing around a zebra crossing and not actually intending to cross the road...seriously, arseholes, there's hardly any of the buggers, so why stand by one?
Tricky one this. In NYC intending to cross on a crossing doesn't mean cars will actually stop. In say Seattle, a car half a mile away would probably start braking if you paused near one. In Italy you can hear them accelerate.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If the little one says "Shuuuush" one more time...she might be up for adoption, again.

People who double park.

People who can't park.

Getting ploughed in, especially by the town after clearing the driveway.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Cyclists on the chuffing pavement instead of the road.
Especially when there is a cycle path right beside the road they can use.

Joggers who run on the road, instead of that running/cycle path, which is right beside the road.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Linneyb123
Hey Bob, Having a bad day are you? Re:cyclists - they should be banned from nature trails, they come up silently behind my horse when I'm out trail riding and scare the poop out of my poor horse who in turn scares the poop out of me while he tries to escape from the monster cyclist. Cyclist oblivious to the rearing, plunging animal trying to ditch his elderly rider.
Yes, packing, moving, dealing with knob heads the last few days, doing my head in.

Around here though, where I am at least, mountain bikes aren't allowed on most of the trails, there's specific ones for bikes and horses....so it's not that bad.

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Tricky one this. In NYC intending to cross on a crossing doesn't mean cars will actually stop. In say Seattle, a car half a mile away would probably start braking if you paused near one. In Italy you can hear them accelerate.
Yes, it's a tough one...but around here, the cops are pretty snippy about pulling people over, so they do tend to spot.

But speaking of, cars who don't stop when you're at a zebra crossing, those drivers need to be pulled over so you can take a shit onto their face.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:06 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Joggers who run on the road, instead of that running/cycle path, which is right beside the road.
Oooh yes, them. They are just festering sores on the anus of humanity.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:14 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
In no particular order:

- Excessively loud people
- Bad spelling/punctuation/grammar
- People who don't get irony
- Political correctness
- People
- Overly familiar strangers
- People who use all the bog roll and don't replace it
- Arse-lickers
- People who quote a 35 line post and respond with "" or the like. Such creativity.
- Prudishness
- Nosiness
- Republicans
- Self righteousness
- The fact that somebody will be pissed off by this post and will get all uppity and point out how horrible I am et cetera. It'll happen - mark my words.

That's a non-exhaustive list, actually. I'm a bastard and I like it
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:15 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gingerert
- - People who try and copy things I say in my "cute" accent and end up sounding like massive knob'eads, but think they're getting it spot-on
Kill them. Kill them all. Then shoot them.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
Kill them. Kill them all. Then shoot them.
Very true...can I just say how sick and tired I am of people saying I sound 'cute', err no, kittens are cute, people from other countries with different accents are not 'cute'.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

P.s Juswas, we're due for a pub crawl in the old port.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
People who only post when they want something...then bugger off until the next time.
That's not a pet peeve. That a seriously fricking piss off.

People who whinge and whine about an entire nation simply because something's not done the way it's done in Britain.
People who bitch about an entire nation simply because of the behaviour of one or two.
People.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:50 pm
lush

Originally Posted by Montfan72
P.s Juswas, we're due for a pub crawl in the old port.
pubcrawl??? *perk*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.