Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:39 am
Zeganjo

zeganjo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
An admirable first post.

None of that 'Welcome Inn' nonsense. Just right in there with gusto.
Its the Yorkshire way! Jump in with both feet, think "oh shit!" later.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeganjo
Its the Yorkshire way! Jump in with both feet, think "oh shit!" later.
That's the Yorkshire way.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:33 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I have been reading all these posts and just had to register as they had me laughing out loud ...

*snip* (apologies, I'm sure you understand)
I like our new poster

thanks. I thought of another pet peeve... when you think of more things to say that you should have said or could have said. Esp in an argument... why is it after it has happened your mind can produce a perfect rendition of what you should have said?
Ah yes, so often is the way one things of what one should have said. Sir Thomas Moore, for example, burned at the stake for refusing to recant his Catholicism, must have been kicking himself as the flames licked higher when all he should have said was 'I recant my Catholicism' ...
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
This one can be difficult -- once I was talking to someone, sunglasses removed, and they suddenly went off at me about what was I scowling at them for. My eyes were just screwed up because I was being blinded by the sun!
Just kick them between the legs - hard - irrespective of gender they'll join you very quickly with the whole squinting thing...
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

pet peeve - but only a little one, and usually it's game for a laugh...

car type - coupe - it's pronounced COU-PAY - not a COOP - that's a house for chickens - and their shit...

router - it's pronounced ROOTER unless you're wanting to remove material from a piece of wood or metal etc...

imagined pet peeve from the 'other' perspective - confusing spellings & pronunciations - 'rough', 'bough' - just spell it the way it is said!!!

People who think there are just 2 kinds of music - country AND western...

People who really tell you how they feel when you ask them how they are...

People who ask me how I'm feeling when clearly my world has just ended - and then get offended when I actually tell them how I'm feeling...

Stalls at the State Fair that deep fry everything on the planet and then try to make out it's tasty AND healthy - evidence for the prosecution: deep fried Kool-Aid, deep fried melon, deep fried zucchini, deep fried turkey legs

my quick app launch short cut thingy on my 'puter that keeps firing up 'Mail' when ever I press 'M'

People who want to give you a long story about why they don't have their lighter on them so that you're more likely to say 'yes' when they finally get around to asking to borrow yours - w*nkers - just *****ing ask... or die of nicotine deprivation - whatever, just do it quickly & quietly. Unless you're good looking...
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

It's "aluminium" dammit!

"solder" is pronounced the way that it is spelled not as if it were "sodder"
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
People that wear sun glasses when they are talking to me rude rude rude.
Because I can't stand to talk to someone whose eyes I can't see, I always ask them to remove the sunglasses. Some respond with apologies (forgot they were wearing them), others respond with a snort as though my request is silly, and one person turned around and walked away rather than take them off!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:15 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

Ah yes, so often is the way one things of what one should have said. Sir Thomas Moore, for example, burned at the stake for refusing to recant his Catholicism, must have been kicking himself as the flames licked higher when all he should have said was 'I recant my Catholicism' ...
He had his head chopped off ................. but I get your meaning.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by md95065
It's "aluminium" dammit!

"solder" is pronounced the way that it is spelled not as if it were "sodder"
Bill Bryson has a piece in one of his books about why it is aluminum in the US. From what I recall it started off as aluminum everywhere, but then was changed to aluminium to make it consistent with the other 'iums'. US didn't bother to change.

'Sodder' drives me crazy too. Older daughter takes a jewellery and metals class at school and the first time she came home and started going on about 'soddering' I had absolutely no idea what she was going on about. We are trying, in vain it seems, to get her to say 'soldering'.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Because I can't stand to talk to someone whose eyes I can't see, I always ask them to remove the sunglasses. Some respond with apologies (forgot they were wearing them), others respond with a snort as though my request is silly, and one person turned around and walked away rather than take them off!
We were in Greece, this past August... I never stopped wearing my sunglasses (well I took them off at night, lol) But if someone would have asked me to take them off (and we were with a lot of family) I would have refused. I would have had a really bad headache had I constantly took them off every time I talked to someone.

Even back here, if its bright sun out, they stay on! If people think I'm being rude (and no one has ever asked me to take them off) then I'd probably explain it was better than suffering a very bad headache.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
He had his head chopped off ................. but I get your meaning.
I ripped it off Blackadder the Third
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We were in Greece, this past August... I never stopped wearing my sunglasses (well I took them off at night, lol) But if someone would have asked me to take them off (and we were with a lot of family) I would have refused. I would have had a really bad headache had I constantly took them off every time I talked to someone.

Even back here, if its bright sun out, they stay on! If people think I'm being rude (and no one has ever asked me to take them off) then I'd probably explain it was better than suffering a very bad headache.
I think I should have clarified my distaste for sunglasses wearing - It doesn't bother me when outdoors as I'm probalby wearing sunglasses, too - which helps me see the other person's eyes. It's when we're indoors that it really gets my goat!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:14 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Don't come here then. They love their sunglasses and even wear them in winter.

To be fair I thought they were all mad wearing sunglasses in February until I had to drive here in bright winter sunshine. Driving is one thing - it's not bright enough not to take them off when you are no longer driving into the sun.
I should clarify, its not so much when outside although if it can be helped all the better, its the inside meetings, I was in a conference the other day and this twat sat there, a exec FFS with his goggles on for over an hour

I have lived all over the world and there is no excuse for this nasty rude habit.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone I am new to this site. I have been reading all these posts and just had to register as they had me laughing out loud.

Pet Peeves?... Well I could write a book of these...

Drivers:
People
People
Tailgaters... BACK OFF BITCH!
People .
People
People
People
.................................................. .................
At the supermarket/grocery store:

People

People

Old people

General:

People

Kids

People

People

People

People

People

People

People

People

Tall people

People

People

Little rat dogs... and a lot of people

90% of people between 14 and 26

ok i think if i add anymore i will take up multiple pages. sorry its so long, i got carried away.

Reading between the lines ... I concur
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:21 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
I was in my local store yesterday it's a bit uppity and there is this old bint walking around in her designer jeans with rhine stones on them.....back combed bleach blonde hair thick make-up and huge black sunnys...I mean come on get real you old lush we know the wrinkles are there so why hide them she looked more stupid with the shades on.

(scary thing minus the shades could that be me in 20 years )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.