Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not that much in the end, at least by us. 6" or thereabouts, based on what I shoveled from my drive, but it fell at 1-2" an hour for a while. I heard 9.6" at O'Hare airport.

This was on the heels of a 9-12" snow last week that I was in for 9 hours on Saturday trying to bill for.

I'm so sick of snow
Me too...I hate the stuff.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:12 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I had an absolute arsehole in the snow yesterday right up my trumpet for a good mile and a half. I wasn't going that slowly, I was just taking my time because I'd almost spun out at a light and it was icier than one would have expected under the dusting on the road.

Anyway, the twunt decides, when we get to a stretch where I can get a bit more traction and speed up, that he had enough so goes barrelling past me, spraying all the slush onto my window rendering me blind for a second; at 45 mph; in blowing snow. After I gave him the horn and a nice view of one of my fingers, I had to laugh when he got stuck behind a line of five cars all going slower than I was.

I hope he gets an STD.
Sort of reminds me of a guy from work when I was in the UK.
As he was coming to work one frosty morning driving in one of the company cars, he overtook a lorry on a straight stretch of road, only to come round a bit of a bend about another mile up the road, hit a patch of ice and skid off into a ditch. As he's sitting there thinking about how he's going to have to call the office to get them to arrange a tow truck, the lorry he passed comes up the road, and the driver slows down and stops beside him. The driver winds his window down, and my work colleague thinks he's going to ask if he's okay, or wants pulling out, so he winds down his window too.
Instead of asking either of those things, the lorry driver looks at him and says "why did you think I was going so f***ing slow, you c***?", and drives away.
We all had a bloody good laugh about that one too.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:12 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Can you send me a picture, I've forgotten what snow looks like...
Me too.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:14 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Can you send me a picture, I've forgotten what snow looks like...
Lucky bastard.

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Sort of reminds me of a guy from work when I was in the UK.
As he was coming to work one frosty morning driving in one of the company cars, he overtook a lorry on a straight stretch of road, only to come round a bit of a bend about another mile up the road, hit a patch of ice and skid off into a ditch. As he's sitting there thinking about how he's going to have to call the office to get them to arrange a tow truck, the lorry he passed comes up the road, and the driver slows down and stops beside him. The driver winds his window down, and my work colleague thinks he's going to ask if he's okay, or wants pulling out, so he winds down his window too.
Instead of asking either of those things, the lorry driver looks at him and says "why did you think I was going so f***ing slow, you c***?", and drives away.
We all had a bloody good laugh about that one too.
What a numpty
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:16 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, you're likely to get 12 inches tonight.
That's just greedy. 8 is more than enough.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Leslie
That's just greedy. 8 is more than enough.
An extra 50% is often appreciated... the skiers love it.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Me too...I hate the stuff.
Is that why you're leaving NJ? .... Oh, silly me, of course not - you're relocating to Canada!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Is that why you're leaving NJ? .... Oh, silly me, of course not - you're relocating to Canada!

There is no reason for us to be in NJ...we have no ties here.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:17 am

Lucky bastard.

What a numpty
Funny though. Even the bloke driving the car thought that it was amusing.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

There is no reason for us to be in NJ...we have no ties here.
If you're relocating to Canada, will you be changing your name to Torontogirl?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

If you're relocating to Canada, will you be changing your name to Torontogirl?
Willmore2.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Willmore2.
Why didn't I think of that?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:35 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Willmore2.
That will need some sort of sub-title though.

"The Revenge", or something.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
That will need some sort of sub-title though.

"The Revenge", or something.
The ****ed-up Quote Returns.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:42 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

The ****ed-up Quote Returns.
Or something to do with 3D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.