The Olympics Thread

Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Olympics Thread

Photos, video, links?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Photos, video, links?
Google you lazy bugger.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
Google you lazy bugger.
What would you suggest in the way of search terms.....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:21 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
It didn't help with her scoring, maybe there weren't enough male judges.

First time I've seen my hubby pay any attention to figure skating
I think that's kind of her "trademark".
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:22 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I think that's kind of her "trademark".
OMG, so she wears that all the time I thought it was just an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction, I was feeling sorry for her. Now I just feel sorry for myself, having witnessed it.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:23 pm
WTF?

OMG, so she wears that all the time I thought it was just an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction, I was feeling sorry for her. Now I just feel sorry for myself, having witnessed it.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

I have been concentrating on the Curling.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:39 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...69_306x450.jpg

I have been concentrating on the Curling.
I bet that outfit is chilly once she gets out on the ice
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

I guess it might show how cold.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:23 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Reactions to watching the Olympics recently:
1. Yes, more figure skating is just what we need. Let's have a TEAM competition in addition to the regular individual events. Not enough figure skating? Let's just let everyone skate their routines twice! Ridiculous. Also, the judging in this sport remains highly suspect.

2. Slopestyle looks simply insane. More so than most any other sport, this is a sport that requires no fear. Also, the American men's winner is almost too good to be true, he's more like a parody of a ski/surf/skate bum than an actual person. It's Jeff Spicoli come to life!

3. The downhill remains a uniquely death-defying stunt. It's like watching someone jump out of an airplane without a parachute. The Sochi course seems particularly knife-edged. Film of the "Lake Jump" is some of the best looking live sports shots I've ever seen.

4. New favorite winter Olympic sport: biathlon. The women's sprint was gripping and exciting.

5. I would never watch this live. DVR it and fast-forward to the good stuff. Enough with the "up close and personal" fluff pieces.

Last edited by Hiro11; Feb 10th 2014 at 9:28 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coral11680
Just watched the women's snowboard slopestyle! We bagged a Bronze medal thanks to Jenny Jones! :-D
Yes isn't that when the stupid BBC said she'd won a gold , then the announcer made fun of another snowboarder ...idiots
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Not enough figure skating?
Not for me! I'm glad they added the team factor. I love figure skating!

5. I would never watch this live. DVR it and fast-forward to the good stuff. Enough with the "up close and personal" fluff pieces.
I love the "up close and personal" fluff pieces, too!

Rene
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the team figure skating, and women's snowboarding last night, that was a nasty fall that poor girl took, it nearly split her helmet in two.

Why was the Canadian skater wearing a thong though? It was very disturbing when she stuck her leg up in the air and twizzled. Bet the poor girl is mortified when she watches it back.
Last night her outfit was pretty tame. I was hoping that she'd be wearing the black nightie that she wore during the previous night's short program.

Last edited by Michael; Feb 10th 2014 at 11:37 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Michael
Last night her outfit was pretty tame. I was hoping that she'd be wearing the black nightie that she wore during the previous night's short program.
I hadn't seen that. I've just googled her, don't know why I felt the need to see the outfit, but when I started typing her name into Google, the third drop down it gave me was Kaetlyn Osmond crotch
Old Feb 11th 2014, 1:17 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Reactions to watching the Olympics recently:
1. Yes, more figure skating is just what we need. Let's have a TEAM competition in addition to the regular individual events. Not enough figure skating? Let's just let everyone skate their routines twice! Ridiculous. Also, the judging in this sport remains highly suspect.
Figure skating is popular and I can see why they want to get more of it on TV ... but I agree, this whole thing of doing the same routines twice is beyond stupid. They should just add more specialized events and let more skaters into the overall competition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.