Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Our honda odyssey came with the tire pressure monitoring valve caps. The ones that show green, yellow then red.
I took them off right away, the glass cylinder tube the colours were in protruded out past the edge of the wheel, if anyone driving clipped the curb the tube would smash and the tire would slowly deflate while driving.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:50 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It must be reassuring to know that Gay-Lussac's law is still working OK.
It's one less thing to worry about in the mornings.

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Our honda odyssey came with the tire pressure monitoring valve caps. The ones that show green, yellow then red.
I took them off right away, the glass cylinder tube the colours were in protruded out past the edge of the wheel, if anyone driving clipped the curb the tube would smash and the tire would slowly deflate while driving.
I've never seen / heard of those before.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I've never seen / heard of those before.
Heres some

http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Pressur...sim_sbs_auto_6

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Feb 6th 2014 at 5:00 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:00 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Huh.. Weird. So those must push down on the valve then and hold it open? Don't think I would be too keen on that.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond repute

OK - have already had the mick taken out of me by some individuals for my choice of practical car (Honda Odyssey), so am not going to talk about that one again here.

However, I would be interested in your views on my choice of fun car. I used to have a Boxster, but that was pre-kids (well, until our son was 5 months), so now looking for a decent four seater sports car. Since it would be good to have something properly American, we're leaning towards a Mustang. Thinking about the V6 convertible. Any views? Is the V6 Premium a better bet? Or is the V6 going to feel underpowered, and therefore better to go for the GT?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lucybell33
OK - have already had the mick taken out of me by some individuals for my choice of practical car (Honda Odyssey), so am not going to talk about that one again here.

However, I would be interested in your views on my choice of fun car. I used to have a Boxster, but that was pre-kids (well, until our son was 5 months), so now looking for a decent four seater sports car. Since it would be good to have something properly American, we're leaning towards a Mustang. Thinking about the V6 convertible. Any views? Is the V6 Premium a better bet? Or is the V6 going to feel underpowered, and therefore better to go for the GT?
I hear the new V6 Mustang is ’out of this world’ good. You get 300 horsepower and 30 miles per gallon.
Either that or you could go for a Camaro but you'd have to go with the V8 and the V6 is not very good.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:33 pm

I hear the new V6 Mustang is ’out of this world’ good. You get 300 horsepower and 30 miles per gallon.
Agreed. Very nice looking car too. I'm sure someone will tell you that the V8 is the way to go, but honestly, 300+ horses are plenty of fun and (probably) more than you will use.

Of course, we haven't yet had the argument about what is a "sports car" and what is a "muscle car", so there is still that hurdle to clear.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond repute

Either that or you could go for a Camaro but you'd have to go with the V8 and the V6 is not very good.
Yeah - it looks like a pretty nice car to me. The Camaro looks great, but not if the comparably priced V6 is not so good.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:34 pm

Yeah - it looks like a pretty nice car to me. The Camaro looks great, but not if the comparably priced V6 is not so good.
Given a choice of those two, I would go with the Mustang.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Agreed. Very nice looking car too. I'm sure someone will tell you that the V8 is the way to go, but honestly, 300+ horses are plenty of fun and (probably) more than you will use.

Of course, we haven't yet had the argument about what is a "sports car" and what is a "muscle car", so there is still that hurdle to clear.
Fab - thank you! Not going to get into that latter argument!!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Given a choice of those two, I would go with the Mustang.
One like this??

Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:46 pm

Fab - thank you! Not going to get into that latter argument!!

Perfect!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:56 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

A sports car can go round corners...
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
A sports car can go round corners...
A Dodge Charger R/T will do me. Fast and Practical, with 4 doors.

Last edited by Scouse Express; Feb 6th 2014 at 9:14 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
A Dodge Charger R/T will do me. Fast and Practical, with 4 doors.
Another fine looking car, but doesn't seem to have a convertible model, unless I've missed it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.