Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Jan 28th 2018, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by BenK91
I did a big whoops.

I now have a truck, again...
Still craving a truck here. What ya get?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Still craving a truck here. What ya get?
2018 Colorado Z71!

Friend of my wife’s is the sales manager at the dealership so we got an awesome deal, and $1000 off for having a Costco membership?!!

Old Jan 28th 2018, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

2018 Colorado Z71!
The big question though is will you be using as it should be or is it just another bling machine squeezed into a corporate office parking lot?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
The big question though is will you be using as it should be or is it just another bling machine squeezed into a corporate office parking lot?
Well I have a day off tomorrow and it fits my 250cc KTM in the back (just about) and so I’ll be taking up to the sand dunes tomorrow for a hoon so I’d like to think that’s vaguely correct usage for it!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I have a day off tomorrow and it fits my 250cc KTM in the back (just about) and so I’ll be taking up to the sand dunes tomorrow for a hoon so I’d like to think that’s vaguely correct usage for it!
That is a bit of a trek. The Sand Dunes or somewhere else.

PM me if more appropriate but what are we looking at?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
most of the expensive trucks in my lot are driven by C level execs and look so pristinely clean.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:01 am
Account Closed

most of the expensive trucks in my lot are driven by C level execs and look so pristinely clean.
I think Ben used to have his location down as Boulder where it would of course have been totally inappropriate.

Now I think of it they did a film shoot up here of one of those, they were taking it around Colorado at various historic locations, drone and everything, never did get a discount voucher.

Has the little window (good) but think it is more Ranger sized.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm now in the metro area so it saves me a little bit of time, still going to be around a 4hr drive so I'll be setting off around 6am!

@Boiler I'll dig out the paperwork and PM you but it was retailing at $38,000 as it has quite a few options but with the friends discount and the Costco discount (they also had some minuscule rebates going on too as it's "truck month") we got a pretty good price, I certainly haven't seen one that cheap advertised elsewhere in CO with the same options.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:22 am
Account Closed

I get the Costco thing as well, my Dad worked for Fords all his life but does not transfer over the pond, Employee Pricing, Truck month etc etc seems a common thing, I would be upset if I was an Employee.

Tomorrow should be nice, wind has died down and we will be in the 40's, Alamaosa however can get chilly.

Dealer in Salida was advertising Ram 1500 Big Horn for low 30's, did not enquire further what the add ons were.

Guy near me always gets his slightly used trucks out of state, better deals he says.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boiler
I get the Costco thing as well, my Dad worked for Fords all his life but does not transfer over the pond, Employee Pricing, Truck month etc etc seems a common thing, I would be upset if I was an Employee.

Tomorrow should be nice, wind has died down and we will be in the 40's, Alamaosa however can get chilly.

Dealer in Salida was advertising Ram 1500 Big Horn for low 30's, did not enquire further what the add ons were.

Guy near me always gets his slightly used trucks out of state, better deals he says.
I was torn between the Tacoma and the Colorado, most reviews seem to say there really isn't much to choose between the two. Mostly styling and the fact the Tacoma will hold it's value a little more. I sent you a PM with some more details.

I checked out an F-150 too but it seemed a bit primitive in comparison, mine has heated and electric seats, Apple Car Play, bed/"cargo" light and a few other bits and pieces interior-wise. It also has the off-road package that'll navigate you down rocky hills and stuff along those lines.

FWIW it's 4WD too if that wasn't already extremely obvious!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:43 am
Account Closed

I was torn between the Tacoma and the Colorado, most reviews seem to say there really isn't much to choose between the two. Mostly styling and the fact the Tacoma will hold it's value a little more. I sent you a PM with some more details.

I checked out an F-150 too but it seemed a bit primitive in comparison, mine has heated and electric seats, Apple Car Play, bed/"cargo" light and a few other bits and pieces interior-wise. It also has the off-road package that'll navigate you down rocky hills and stuff along those lines.

FWIW it's 4WD too if that wasn't already extremely obvious!
Apparently there are people who rent whole houses up here, drive up on a Friday night and then find their citymobile does not work too well on the back roads, produces a bit of business for friends who own a Hotel.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

As for "truck month" I find that vehicles and jewelery has perpetual excuses for a supposed sale.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boiler
Apparently there are people who rent whole houses up here, drive up on a Friday night and then find their citymobile does not work too well on the back roads, produces a bit of business for friends who own a Hotel.
They're not out there making the roads more treacherous are they? "Create a problem, sell a solution"

As for "truck month" I find that vehicles and jewelery has perpetual excuses for a supposed sale.
Oh without a doubt, it's like SportsDirect or whatever it's called in the UK with their 365 day a year "ending soon, blow-out" sales!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Oh without a doubt, it's like SportsDirect or whatever it's called in the UK with their 365 day a year "ending soon, blow-out" sales!
All beer, all the time, is on sale in one of our local grocery chains. I don't know how they get away with advertising that beer is $2-$4/doz off a price that as far as I can tell the beer was never sold for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.