Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Wikiposts

Let's talk about cars

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 3:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by markonline1
Got one of these parked at work at the minute
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...7DD35A7E9C.jpg

I can't describe how utterly gorgeous this car is. The photo doesn't do it justice whatsoever. I've always thought the CTS looks ok , but the CTS-V is nothing short of a beast! A great looking beast at that!!!!
The wheels on that one look pretty cheesy.

I have never really liked the CTS - it just looks flimsy, in a way that a BMW, Mercedes, Jag, or Audi don't. The corners and creases give it an origami look, and IMO its appearance doesn't do justice to its performance.

Given that a car of such extreme capabilities is never going to be used anywhere close to its limits on the road, I would take any of the other brands I mentioned above (OK, perhaps not the Mercedes), and few others besides, before I'd buy a CTS.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:45 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The wheels on that one look pretty cheesy.

I have never really liked the CTS - it just looks flimsy, in a way that a BMW, Mercedes, Jag, or Audi don't. The corners and creases give it an origami look, and IMO its appearance doesn't do justice to its performance.

Given that a car of such extreme capabilities is never going to be used anywhere close to its limits on the road, I would take any of the other brands I mentioned above (OK, perhaps not the Mercedes), and few others besides, before I'd buy a CTS.
I quite like the car, though it's not something I would want for myself. Are those wheels OEM though? 'cos they look like they needed about another 1000 bucks spent on 'em.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:01 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I can't describe how utterly gorgeous this car is. The photo doesn't do it justice whatsoever. I've always thought the CTS looks ok , but the CTS-V is nothing short of a beast! A great looking beast at that!!!!
Those wheels are horrific.

The OEM ones aren't great, but they are a country mile better than those!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:04 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, I get the impression Caddy is at least trying with the CTS and the V is incredible.

Though I can't for the life of me figure out why they discontinued the Fleetwood

Pete
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

The photo taken on my iPhone is unfortunately pretty shite. It's personal taste, but the wheels looked far better in the flesh than in that photo. I'm the first to poo poo crap cheap alloys, but they actually looked fantastic on the car.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

There's one main problem with it...

It's a GM!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 8:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
There's one main problem with it. ...... It's a GM!
So presumably it's been recalled!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Someone up the road has just got a Maserati along with a no Range Rover.

They probably cost more than their gaff
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Someone up the road has just got a Maserati along with a no Range Rover.

They probably cost more than their gaff
That's pretty common round here, especially if you take the historic "new" price compared to the value of their home. The poor parts of town are dotted with Caddies, Lincolns, Mercs, BMWs and Lexuses parked outside house worth $30k-$50k.

The funny thing is that Maseratis are fairly cheap when they reach 8-10 years old. You can pick up a very nice looking one for $15k, and some are down closer to $10k, and they are classy/classic enough that they really don't look dated.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 4th 2014 at 10:14 am.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:07 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, a reason the Rambler beat the Caddy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301147519072...E:B:SS:US:3160

Beep, beep.

Pete
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:32 am
Mions' a point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqNl7tdLR4

Pete
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
Funny! .... I had guessed the drag race was going to end when they came to a bend.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

I am at a loss for words to describe how buttass ugly it is.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
I am at a loss for words to describe how buttass ugly it is.
Oh, go on, have a go
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:55 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Latest consumer report verdicts on cars:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/27/c...rst-cars-2014/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.