KY Meetup

Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default KY Meetup

Ok, how many of you will be in the general vicinity of Louisville, northern KY, Cincy the day after Thanksgiving? Anyone want to get together for a few pints? We've had a few threads, but no one has actually set up something concrete, so let's finally do something!

We're just outside L'ville and would prefer that area, but we could go up to Northern KY/Cinci if more folks live up that way.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:47 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KY Meetup

I would have been up for it but i'm stuck in England atm waiting for my interview

Should be back the second week in December if anyone is up for a pre- or post- christmas one
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Yes, let's all go down the pub for a Christmas meal ...

They have good beer and really strange looking Shepherds pies ..

the pub
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:23 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

lol I think we could have a scream in there - imagine their faces when a load of brits show up to test out the 'authenticity' !!

Count me in for sure if i'm back!....... 2 weeks to go til interview and i'm now freaking out and photocopying and filing like my life depends on it...... oh, yeah, it does
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Aljarov is an unknown quantity at this point

We could be up for this....only issue is we could be at the in-laws for Thanks giving and I don't know if we'll be back in time.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

There's no rush is there .. We could go there on Boxing Day and moan about the fact that they don't do Boxing Day here
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
There's no rush is there .. We could go there on Boxing Day and moan about the fact that they don't do Boxing Day here
True..I was just thinking of doing it sometime in Nov., but Dec works for us.

The Pub doesn't look too bad. We tried going there once when we lived in Cinci, but they weren't open for lunch on that day. If we did go there, I could do some shopping there at Rookwood!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
True..I was just thinking of doing it sometime in Nov., but Dec works for us.

The Pub doesn't look too bad. We tried going there once when we lived in Cinci, but they weren't open for lunch on that day. If we did go there, I could do some shopping there at Rookwood!
The pub is very generic - think Outback for Brits. Aside fromthe mildly amusing 'Bollocks' teeshirts it was pretty underwhelming. They have on here in Lexington too.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

But they do have some good booze :-)

We have some half price vouchers for Shadow Box at Newport (We got them for my friends when they came over for our wedding but we never got to use them) ...

So that's another option ...

Originally Posted by Aljarov
The pub is very generic - think Outback for Brits. Aside fromthe mildly amusing 'Bollocks' teeshirts it was pretty underwhelming. They have on here in Lexington too.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

My wife is wanting to watch a band play in Covington that night, so I could do with knowing if this is going to happen. We're happy to go somewhere if there's something on....else, we'll just go watch Local H.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, we just found out there's a possibility my OH may have to work over the Thanksgiving weekend. So we can't make any definite plans until that is sorted out. And since I ain't a Brit, I imagine me going to a Brit get together without my Brit husband, I may look out of place!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:35 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Maybe we can try set a date some time in December or January - if we can agree on something well in advance it gives us all time to plan ahead?

I know we will need to sort a babysitter out!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Maybe we can try set a date some time in December or January - if we can agree on something well in advance it gives us all time to plan ahead?

I know we will need to sort a babysitter out!
I am in the UK in December - have to visit a client in London and then am meeting up with friends. Prob between 5-14th. Any other time I'd be up for it.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

We should try and meet up close to christmas, I think. It would give me a bit more time to plan it, and I definitely can't make the day after thanksgiving because I have my biometrics appointment that day!

Would be great to see you all, especially since I can't go home for christmas again this year!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:37 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Good luck for your biometrics

I should know better what date we'll be back after D day (25th Nov)

atm 2 of the flights (for DH & DD) are booked for the 14th but I think we might change them to the 7th if all goes ok.... I'd lmao if you were on the same flight Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.