KY Meetup

Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:38 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KY Meetup

Sounds like we might finally be able to do this!

What ages are everyones kids? Is it worth finding somewhere kid friendly?

Just in case ours do come - it will either be two 11 year olds, or it could be two 11 year olds and a 9 year old, or it could be two 11's, a 10, a 9 an 8 and a 4
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:27 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Mine are both girls, aged 12 and 8, and pretty much well-trained. I'd take them most places Although the 12 year old thinks she's an adult *sigh*
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Mine are 8 and 6 - they shoul dbe okay as well.

Anyone got any thoughts on where to meet?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'll be brave & throw a date out there:

How bout 12/20/08 (or 20/12/08 for the Brits) at 1:00 (late lunch) either at a restaurant at Newport on the Levy (on the KY side of the Ohio), or at The Pub located in Hyde Park/Norwood on the Cincy side of the Ohio. That'll give those of us traveling from a distance away time to get up, and get some things done before having to hit the road. Newport on the Levy also offers a great aquarium for those of you with kids. It could be fun for them & perhaps for us adults too.

This is all contingent on good weather, too. If it's snowing, or anything, we won't travel up there.

How does that work for peeps?

cheers,
~Jamie
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:42 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

We should be good for then as well
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so what's the location preference? Newport on the Levy, or The Pub?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:03 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Yes, let's all go down the pub for a Christmas meal ...

They have good beer and really strange looking Shepherds pies ..

the pub
There's one by me in Beavercreek (north of cinci). It's overpriced and American and the help wear shirts that say "Wanker" and "Bollocks" on them! DH asked one of the girls if she knew what that meant and she hadn't a clue.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:05 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
But they do have some good booze :-)

We have some half price vouchers for Shadow Box at Newport (We got them for my friends when they came over for our wedding but we never got to use them) ...

So that's another option ...
Funny place! I love going there...but some new expats may not get the humor since they do a lot of regional (aka redneck) comedy.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
There's one by me in Beavercreek (north of cinci). It's overpriced and American and the help wear shirts that say "Wanker" and "Bollocks" on them! DH asked one of the girls if she knew what that meant and she hadn't a clue.
At least they do decent chips!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:55 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Funny place! I love going there...but some new expats may not get the humor since they do a lot of regional (aka redneck) comedy.
I went there with a GF when I was there in the summer - was watching one of the sketches and thought.......... I know this one......

It was Harry bloody Enfield!!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:56 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Ok, so what's the location preference? Newport on the Levy, or The Pub?
Newport could be nice - lots to do with the family either before or after for those that fancy it....... not sure of the best place to eat / drink whatever though, i've only been twice!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How bout this place in Newport:

http://www.newportonthelevee.com/dir...ail.aspx?id=11

OH and I went there a couple of times a while back, and it was fairly decent.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:39 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
How bout this place in Newport:

http://www.newportonthelevee.com/dir...ail.aspx?id=11

OH and I went there a couple of times a while back, and it was fairly decent.
I like the food there....I always used to get some kind of stuffed chicken and mashed potato thing...don't remember what it was called but enough for 2 meals.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:16 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Shall we all wear a red carnation so we know who everyone is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.