KY Meetup

Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:27 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of
Default Re: KY Meetup

I'm new to the site and about to be a new addition to the British ex-pat community in Kentucky. I arrive on 15th December and initially I'm going to be out in Mt Sterling but should be moving to Lexington in January. So...if anything is happening in late December onwards I'd be keen to join in - if you'll have me?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Sally!

We have a company xmas party to go to on the 13th, so that date is out for us. Would a before xmas, or after xmas get together work better for everyone? Do we want to do a lunch, instead of a dinner, since many of us may have to travel?

We'd prefer a lunch date before xmas, but we can work with whatever the majority wants.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Lunch is fine with me but it would have to be on a Saturday or Sunday .....

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Welcome Sally!

We'd prefer a lunch date before xmas, but we can work with whatever the majority wants.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 4:37 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Its probably going to be late december or early january for us now.

Had the interview today at the embassy. Things didn't go as expected.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Its probably going to be late december or early january for us now.

Had the interview today at the embassy. Things didn't go as expected.
What went wrong??

If its in Cincy we'll come down (kids or no kids??).
We're going back to the UK for New Year (28/12 to 5/1) so would need to be another time.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:28 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dodgykeeps
What went wrong??

If its in Cincy we'll come down (kids or no kids??).
We're going back to the UK for New Year (28/12 to 5/1) so would need to be another time.
Oh, you know - suddenly 125% of poverty guidelines isnt enough, 2nd joint sponsor needed.... plus they want to see medical insurance for the 3 of us for a minimum of three months. I'm totally gutted and just trying to bring myself to write my 'interview experience' for the forum. Finding it pretty tough though.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, you know - suddenly 125% of poverty guidelines isnt enough, 2nd joint sponsor needed.... plus they want to see medical insurance for the 3 of us for a minimum of three months. I'm totally gutted and just trying to bring myself to write my 'interview experience' for the forum. Finding it pretty tough though.
WTF??? I'm so sorry to hear that Clarissa.

Your hubby makes over 125% of the poverty guidelines as required to be your sponsor, and that wasn't good enough? Was he close to the 125% amount, or way over? If he was close, then I could almost understand, but regardless if he met the income requirements, then that should be that.

If he has a job here, then you are probably already covered by med insurance, through his group policy, so there wouldn't be any document you could get to show proof of coverage for the next 3 months. I've never heard of the requirement to show proof of med insurance?! I mean, why the frack should it matter to someone in the US consulate if you have med ins?? If you don't, it's your prob, not theirs?

I mean, this is a complete and total changing of the rules in the middle of the game!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:52 pm
Dizzy Blonde

I've just managed to throw something together in the marriage based forum about the whole thing, but I've got no idea if it makes sense, because I'm really struggling to function right now

Its not quite as clear cut - hubby's not working, but his mom, our Joint sponsor, with my FIL as household member, is about $7000 over the minimum 125% they say they want.

Medical insurance kinda ties in with that as well - but I've never seen anything on any of the paperwork that says 'if you are not covered then you need to be before we'll give you a visa', which is really frustrating.

Sorry to rant and hijack the thread
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Good luck for your biometrics

I should know better what date we'll be back after D day (25th Nov)

atm 2 of the flights (for DH & DD) are booked for the 14th but I think we might change them to the 7th if all goes ok.... I'd lmao if you were on the same flight Al
Thanks for the good luck wishes - fingers crossed for Friday!

Sorry to hear about your interview situation - sounds like you can get it fixed with help from family, but still it's a set back. I hope you get it sorted soon!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:21 pm
Dizzy Blonde

I'm coming home!!!

We got approved today.........

So whens the piss up??
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm coming home!!!

We got approved today.........

So whens the piss up??
The 20th or 21st would work for us! Since we have to drive up from the L'ville area, we'd prefer a lunch date.

Oh, and kids don't bother us any, if anyone wants to bring them along.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:59 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
The 20th or 21st would work for us! Since we have to drive up from the L'ville area, we'd prefer a lunch date.

Oh, and kids don't bother us any, if anyone wants to bring them along.
I can't book our flights until tuesday - stupid me being a worry ward thought the embassy were going to ask for even more information so I only paid some money off my credit card today, it takes until tuesday to clear!!

ATM it looks like we'll get back on the 14th, so the 20th or 21st is just fine for us - I doubt that we'll be bringing the kids, but other kids don't bother us either.

Get your shopping lists in quick so I can stock up before I come back!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I have to say that "KY Meetup" sounds like you all are organising some mass orgy of some kind. Nice thread naming!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:20 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

20th or 21st might well be a good option for us too - and lunch would almost definitely be better. We'll be spending time house-hunting and Christmas shopping in Lexington before Christmas so if everyone else works out a day and time we'll just try and fit in. It's almost definite that we'll have the girls with us, unless Grammy decides she wants to do a cookie-baking thing with them

I'll keep an eye on the thread and let you all know closer to the time
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Would need to be the 20th if we were going to make it - I'm going up to Cleveland on the 21st to see some NFL!!!! Kids would also be in tow so lunch would be good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.