Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kraft buys Cadburys!

Kraft buys Cadburys!

Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kraft/Cadbury's - The Rot Has Started

As if there aren't enough Pols over here already keeping wages low by working for next to **** all that the greedy bastards at Cadburys had to build a factory over there, probably to pay them even less and so they would have less far to go back to their hovels.

Kraft and Cadbury deserve each other if you ask me and as I dont eat chocolate much I couldnt really give a shit. Very little manufacturing left in the midlands and pretty soon they wont even be able to make a bar of ****ing chocolate.

I blame Blair.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:26 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Originally Posted by im9907620
and far quicker than expected Jim.....almost hurricane-like. The chocolate has definitely started to melt

What's Kraft got to do with this? It wasn't their idea.

"Kraft Foods said that after what it called "extensive talks" with senior management at Cadbury, it found that Cadbury's plans to close Somerdale were so far advanced that it would be "unrealistic" to reverse them. "
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
What's Kraft got to do with this? It wasn't their idea.

"Kraft Foods said that after what it called "extensive talks" with senior management at Cadbury, it found that Cadbury's plans to close Somerdale were so far advanced that it would be "unrealistic" to reverse them. "
They had said a week ago they would not close the plant. Silly of them to say that if they knew closure could still be possible.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:43 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
They had said a week ago they would not close the plant. Silly of them to say that if they knew closure could still be possible.
Sounds like they didn't know it was a done deal until these "extensive talks".
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

F%$*ing Disgrace! Cadbury may have had plans to close the place but Kraft heavily hinted (probably to sweeten the deal) in the days before it won the takeover that it would save the plant. Horribly unfair on all those who work at the plant to have their hopes raised and then dashed like this. It just isn't right!

I doubt their little made up story of saving the place helped their take over anyway. I'm sure most of the private British investors who owned shares wouldn't have said yes to the sale with any good conscience. The problem was the shares were mainly owned by banks and investment firms who only see the pound signs and not the moral right or wrong of a decision.

Human kind is selling its sole for money. Nothing else to it.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Yep seems like it was a done deal to close that plant at the start IMHO
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WARPed
F%$*ing Disgrace! Cadbury may have had plans to close the place but Kraft heavily hinted (probably to sweeten the deal) in the days before it won the takeover that it would save the plant. Horribly unfair on all those who work at the plant to have their hopes raised and then dashed like this. It just isn't right!

I doubt their little made up story of saving the place helped their take over anyway. I'm sure most of the private British investors who owned shares wouldn't have said yes to the sale with any good conscience. The problem was the shares were mainly owned by banks and investment firms who only see the pound signs and not the moral right or wrong of a decision.

What he said
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:41 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WARPed
I once knew a fisherman who sold his sole for money.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:22 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I heard about him. He sold his sole to Kraft, and they made fish paste out of it.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
sounds like they just didn't do enough research into it and did a typical mouth piece to get the buy to go ahead...
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Sounds Fishy to me
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Anger clouded my spelling.

SOUL
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kraft buys Cadburys!

Share price still falling

Sell to a big shitty company and it ruins great company's.
Down $1.50 just today

Buy it back Britain before the greatest chocolate company in the world is ruined by Kraft.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
As if there aren't enough Pols over here already keeping wages low by working for next to **** all that the greedy bastards at Cadburys had to build a factory over there, probably to pay them even less and so they would have less far to go back to their hovels.

Kraft and Cadbury deserve each other if you ask me and as I dont eat chocolate much I couldnt really give a shit. Very little manufacturing left in the midlands and pretty soon they wont even be able to make a bar of ****ing chocolate.

I blame Blair.
I blame you
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I blame you
Only the crunmbliest, flakiest chocolate.........comes from ****ing Poland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUTdYsZda8

Jim.

Last edited by Scouse Express; Feb 12th 2010 at 1:52 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.