Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kraft buys Cadburys!

Kraft buys Cadburys!

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kraft buys Cadburys!

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark
so how do you eat your egg Poppy, in 1.
Are you suggesting I have a big mouth
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:01 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just waiting for the inevitable job losses in Brum and the shifting of production to Poland
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Are you suggesting I have a big mouth
I am offended that you think I could be so rude. But as you mention it, do you?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:10 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
I'm just waiting for the inevitable job losses in Brum and the shifting of production to Poland
That was Cadbury's plan before Kraft came along. Milk Tray is already made there. I suspect they Kraft will follow the plan.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:35 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
That was Cadbury's plan before Kraft came along. Milk Tray is already made there. I suspect they Kraft will follow the plan.
Cadbury were planning to shut their Keynsham factory and shift some production to Ploand, other production to sites elsewhere in Britain. One of the enticements Kraft put in as part of the takeover was that they would actually retain the Keynsham plant, but I'm not sure how much of a concrete promise that was or, even if it was an actual promise, whether they could be trusted to honour it.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:20 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You buy stale chocolate and then say its the company's fault. It is the fault of the store's storage.
Jeez, sweetie: it's not the bloom (which is simply cocoa butter rising to the surface when the chocolate warms and cools again), it's the fact that Hershey's crapolate is just that: crap, even when it's "fresh". There's wax and filler and dogshit and concrete and goodness knows what else in there. Really, truly, honestly, Hershey's is HORRIBLE. Hell, I drive up to Canada to get my CDM because it's the real deal.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to the variety of chocolate that might finally be offered, now that it has been taken over by more imaginative souls!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Jeez, sweetie: it's not the bloom (which is simply cocoa butter rising to the surface when the chocolate warms and cools again), it's the fact that Hershey's crapolate is just that: crap, even when it's "fresh". There's wax and filler and dogshit and concrete and goodness knows what else in there. Really, truly, honestly, Hershey's is HORRIBLE. Hell, I drive up to Canada to get my CDM because it's the real deal.
Agree Glad to see somebody really Knows how it works..

I think she was'nt happy as i cussed out a sucky company and sucky stores who proberly do have crap storage...which by the time the product gets to the customer it's double sucky...

I Think though that Kraft can do a good job & do very well here in the us also, as there other products they make seems to be good also..

So i say Good Luck to kraft and bring that cocoa butter on..
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

rob2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol I take it not many people like hurshey's chocolate then? Do they have Nestlé? in the US?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:59 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rob2002
Lol I take it not many people like hurshey's chocolate then? Do they have Nestlé? in the US?
Nestle? I think I've seen it around.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Nestle? I think I've seen it around.
They have lots of other Nestle products, but not sure I've seen any choccy either.

There's lots of nice chocolate for sale over here that I think is better than cadburys. Am I allowed to say that?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:11 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
They have lots of other Nestle products, but not sure I've seen any choccy either.:
The choclate chips and the Nestle crunch bar are two that come to mind...

There's lots of nice chocolate for sale over here that I think is better than cadburys. Am I allowed to say that?
No.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

They have lots of other Nestle products, but not sure I've seen any choccy either.

Sure you can...we are all choc-heads here i think....
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

MikeyT has a brilliant futureMikeyT has a brilliant futureMikeyT has a brilliant futureMikeyT has a brilliant futureMikeyT has a brilliant futureMikeyT has a brilliant future

Hersheys is horrible waxy stuff. Always make a point of loading up with giant slabs of Cadbury's at the Cadbury store in T5 at Heathrow when I'm passing through. Hopefully it will be more widely available in the US now.

Ghiradelli's is a reasonable US alternative however..
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ghiradelli's.. What's that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.