Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How did you meet your SO?

How did you meet your SO?

Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:17 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How did you meet your SO?

He wanted to wear your knickers???

Originally posted by SarahUK
Yeah it took me a while to realise that an absolute cracker like Jeff was actually really interested in me rather than just wanting to get in my knickers!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:44 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
He wanted to wear your knickers???
No he didn't want to wear them although I probably would've let him if he'd asked me, hey I like a good laugh. He did ask me what the hell Marks and Spencers was and why I bought all my underwear there.
He's giving up on saying knickers now and prefers the American word "panties"
Ew! I refuse to say that! I also insist he use the word 'Minger' when something is, erm, minging. He does like the word 'plonker' and trying to say ' pint of bitter mate' in a funny accent. Hey well it wasn'this sense of humour that got me in the end it was the drink!
Oh, by the way does anyone know where I get hold of one of those FC-205 form thingy about stating that my photocopies are a true copies and the originals can be provided etc etc ??
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:27 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I've never used the word minger with my other half, though she got a kick out of *natter*, as in talk.
And she has really taken to saying *bloody*, but I think that is more to mock me than anything

Originally posted by SarahUK
I also insist he use the word 'Minger' when something is, erm, minging. He does like the word 'plonker' and trying to say ' pint of bitter mate' in a funny accent. Hey well it wasn'this sense of humour that got me in the end it was the drink!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:30 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I've got Steve saying all sorts of English things. Especially some London slang. I was over for 4 weeks in July and everyone round the dock where he keeps the boat started doing it. Did my heart good to hear so much London talk in the middle of MA.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 3:49 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You have to love a man that doesn't mind being mocked!!

Originally posted by CharlieS
I've never used the word minger with my other half, though she got a kick out of *natter*, as in talk.
And she has really taken to saying *bloody*, but I think that is more to mock me than anything
Old Nov 15th 2003, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

esandstr is an unknown quantity at this point

I first met L. in 1982 when I was an exchange student in South Bend, Indiana.

We were no more than distant friends then, in part thanks to a Swedish exchange student and part thanks to chronic shyness on my part.

In 1985 I came back to the area on vacation, and at a welcome-back party my friends threw for me, L. showed up and we ended up hanging out for a better part of a month. We went to Chicago and did all kinds of things together. A small flame was lit...

A while after returning from the US, we started writing letters to each other. Long letters, and lots of letters. I came back to Norway after a trip to Lebanon, and we started calling each other. We became close friends, and I really started having some serious feelings for this girl.

In 1989, on my way to Seattle, I stopped by South Bend again, and L. came from Philly to see me. We spent a weekend together, but unfortunately ended up losing touch after this for years. A brief reconnection in 1995 via phone ended with another period of no contact.

Finally, in 1996, I once again returned to Norway, and picked up the contact with L. - this time on a company-sponsored cell phone and email. We kept this going for another few years, almost visiting eachother, but not quite...

Well, in 2002 I had moved to lovely England when L. came over in the summer to study at Oxford. We met again in late June, for the first time in 13 years and the second time in 18... A few months later, we're married - and now we're both living here in Niles, MI, waiting for our first child to be born in late May next year!

love is the coolest thing, ever!!!!

eiolf
Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:22 pm
Charlie Tuna

Yup, I'm quite a catch
I just wonder if Sandy thinks so

Originally posted by Leslie66
You have to love a man that doesn't mind being mocked!!
Old Nov 15th 2003, 3:44 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by esandstr
I first met L. in 1982 when I was an exchange student in South Bend, Indiana.

We were no more than distant friends then, in part thanks to a Swedish exchange student and part thanks to chronic shyness on my part.

In 1985 I came back to the area on vacation, and at a welcome-back party my friends threw for me, L. showed up and we ended up hanging out for a better part of a month. We went to Chicago and did all kinds of things together. A small flame was lit...

A while after returning from the US, we started writing letters to each other. Long letters, and lots of letters. I came back to Norway after a trip to Lebanon, and we started calling each other. We became close friends, and I really started having some serious feelings for this girl.

In 1989, on my way to Seattle, I stopped by South Bend again, and L. came from Philly to see me. We spent a weekend together, but unfortunately ended up losing touch after this for years. A brief reconnection in 1995 via phone ended with another period of no contact.

Finally, in 1996, I once again returned to Norway, and picked up the contact with L. - this time on a company-sponsored cell phone and email. We kept this going for another few years, almost visiting eachother, but not quite...

Well, in 2002 I had moved to lovely England when L. came over in the summer to study at Oxford. We met again in late June, for the first time in 13 years and the second time in 18... A few months later, we're married - and now we're both living here in Niles, MI, waiting for our first child to be born in late May next year!

love is the coolest thing, ever!!!!

eiolf
What a story!!, Thanks for sharing
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:15 pm
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

Zach & I first met on Yahoo Personals in Sept 2001. I posted an ad for fun, just to see what would happen, and, after getting a whole bunch of perverted responses & very nearly deciding that only gross horny guys went trolling for ads on a personals site, I got an email from Zach that changed my mind. I was totally pleasantly surprised, since he was actually intelligent & interesting & used polysyllabic words! (trust me, that was a big plus - you should have seen some of the other replies I got!! pretty scary!)
We started emailing & chatting on instant messenger, then the marathon phone calls began...We met for the first time when he came up to Vancouver to visit in Feb 02 - wow, what a totally awesome meeting - one of those times where everything just "clicks" and you know that, no matter what, you have to be with this person on a regular basis!
Since then we've been travelling back & forth every 2 or 3 months to visit each other and things have just gotten better and better! We got engaged on Oct. 25, when I was visiting him in Gainesville, and we've now started the TSC waiting game...gotta love it! Oh well...I just keep telling him - it's all gonna be worth it - what's a few months (okay, a LOT of months! lol) when we've got the rest of our lives to spend together?!
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:22 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the waiting room!