British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   How did you meet your SO? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/how-did-you-meet-your-so-190675/)

sibsie Nov 12th 2003 10:31 am

How did you meet your SO?

I must say that this site has been a life and sanity saver. I haven't been here long but people have been great. So friendly, welcoming and helpful.

I'm just starting out on the process and it's all a bit scary at the moment. I was wondering how you all met your partners?

I met the lovely Steve at the beginning of the year. The last thing I wanted was a long distance relationship. I'd done that before and had only been living in Spain for 6 months. Then along he came by sending me an instant message. We met within the month and have seen each other more or less every month since.

And now here we are, or rather he's there and I'm here in Spain planning to get me over there so we can get married and spend the rest of our lives together.

anggraeni Nov 12th 2003 1:34 pm

Re: How did you meet your SO?

hi, sibsie. :)
first of all, good luck with your process! i hope everything goes smooth.
i met my Douglas on the internet, feb 2002. i was working and BLING! an instant message popped up. then we started to chat. we shared everyday stories and thats the beginning of our trust in each other. then we started to call everyday, chat everyday.

june 2003 he came to indonesia to visit me and it was ended by our engagement. august we started the immigration process, january this year i got my visa. by the end of the feb he came to pick me up. now we are married and living here in usa.

just like you, i didnt believe a long distance relationship. furthermore i didnt believe internet romance! but hey, i am glad i took the opportunity to chat and trust him in the first place, Douglas is a really really sweet husband! :)

sometimes God just suprise you with His plan...

have a nice day,
anggraeni

Steffi Nov 12th 2003 1:50 pm

There was a thread about this not all that long ago....I wrote mine there if you want to read. :)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=183353

JnB637 Nov 12th 2003 6:55 pm

Hey Steffi, How old are you? you guys look like a pretty young couple. Im 19 and my wife is 18. I hope im not the youngest in here hehe.

Originally posted by Steffi
There was a thread about this not all that long ago....I wrote mine there if you want to read. :)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=183353

MelissaS Nov 13th 2003 1:04 am

Me and Donal met when I was in Ireland for University. We lived in the same apartment building and he slammed my head in the elevator door :P Had to buy me a pint to say he was sorry and things just went from there... :)

Originally posted by JnB637
Hey Steffi, How old are you? you guys look like a pretty young couple. Im 19 and my wife is 18. I hope im not the youngest in here hehe.

Margaret Nov 13th 2003 2:14 am

Me - Canada
Him - USC

We met on a MSN 40's chatroom in May 2001. He came to Canada
September 2001 to meet me and proposed during that time. Got my K1
Visa in June 2002. We were married in July 2002. Very happy here!

Steffi Nov 13th 2003 3:40 am

Originally posted by JnB637
Yeah, we're a pretty young couple in comparison to most people on here. *L* I'm 21 and my husband is 24...I guess you got us beat. ;) How'd you guys meet?

Leslie Nov 13th 2003 3:46 am

Oh God .......... I'm so old.......

:scared:

Originally posted by mdaitc
I'm 23 and the wife is 20.. we met online in an excite chatroom 2.5 years ago... :)

jcapulet Nov 13th 2003 4:10 am

I'm 30 and my hubbie is 29. We met on an online RP game in 2000. :D

Juliet

Steffi Nov 13th 2003 4:11 am

Glad to see I'm not the only youngen on here. :D

Leslie Nov 13th 2003 4:13 am

Juliet,

I didn't know you were a cradle robber. Scandalous. :D:D:D:D

Leslie

Originally posted by jcapulet
I'm 30 and my hubbie is 29. We met on an online RP game in 2000. :D

Juliet

Noorah101 Nov 13th 2003 4:13 am

Originally posted by Leslie66

Hey...if YOU are old, what am I???? LOL For the record, I'm 43 and Sadegh is 30. I had to find someone who could keep up with me, right?? LOL :-) We met when I was on vacation in Istanbul almost 7 years ago.

Rene

jcapulet Nov 13th 2003 4:16 am

No way, silly! When you are wearing Depends in a nursing home and hiding your husband's dentures (and his Depends), that might be different LOL :D:D:D

Juliet

Noorah101 Nov 13th 2003 4:17 am

Juliet,

Leslie
Leslie
You might want to re-direct this post in my direction! LOLOLOL Ohhhh I'm so weird today!! :-)
Rene

jcapulet Nov 13th 2003 4:23 am

Juliet,

Leslie
LMAO!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D Darn it, and I thought I'd get away with it! :)

Juliet