Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Have I finally insulted an American about Accents

Have I finally insulted an American about Accents

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:52 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have I finally insulted an American about Accents

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I love the Children's Theater! Is that the Seattle one? I went on a field trip with my daughter's class a couple of years ago. One of the best field trips I've ever been on. The kids loved it!
Yes it is, its great. Not scared to deal with some issues, not afraid to challenge young minds. Enjoyable for adults. and some of the shows could be marketed to adult audiences.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

janicedean164 will become famous soon enoughjanicedean164 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There is a big LFC following here in Toronto where we spend quite a lot of time. Hubby often goes to a pub called Scallywags on Saturdays with our future son in law to watch the match. He wears his Liverpool shirt, scarf and cap. Future SIL (Canadian) obviously wants to impress as he wears Liverpool gear too.
West Ham fan for my sins, lets see how many Americans I can convert to follow the Hammers, I already have my wife, though that trade involved me taking the New York Mets as my baseball team, not quite sure who got the worst of that trade, lol!!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janicedean164
West Ham fan for my sins, lets see how many Americans I can convert to follow the Hammers, I already have my wife, though that trade involved me taking the New York Mets as my baseball team, not quite sure who got the worst of that trade, lol!!!!
You did.

I'd rather watch a Man United vs Everton match, or a game comprised entirely of South American poofs diving for ninety minutes than sit through another baseball game ...
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:13 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
You did.

I'd rather watch a Man United vs Everton match, or a game comprised entirely of South American poofs diving for ninety minutes than sit through another baseball game ...
And the reason I couldn't sit through one.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
And the reason I couldn't sit through one.
My sister wanted to see a game at Wrigley Field on her last visit, I sort of had to go to that one

Boooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnngggggg, by the way, and full of godawful noisy drunks
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

My sister wanted to see a game at Wrigley Field on her last visit, I sort of had to go to that one

Should have dropped her off on N. Clark and picked her up after the Game. That way, you don't have to sit through a game of rounders

Jim.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:14 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Should have dropped her off on N. Clark and picked her up after the Game. That way, you don't have to sit through a game of rounders

Jim.
My son wanted to go as well and he had a broken ankle at the time. It wouldn't have been cricket (HA!) to have left him with her ...

The Cubs lost though, so I could at least secretly laugh at all the sad ****ers who yelled in my ear for three hours constantly.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

My son wanted to go as well and he had a broken ankle at the time. It wouldn't have been cricket (HA!) to have left him with her ...

The Cubs lost though, so I could at least secretly laugh at all the sad ****ers who yelled in my ear for three hours constantly.
The Company I work for is one the biggest purchasers of Cubs tickets. We send about 500 Bus Groups there, every season. Goodness knows why.......

Fortunately, I get to park on Irving Park Rd, and enjoy the Graveyards on either side.

Jim
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:19 pm
I have a comma problem

The Company I work for is one the biggest purchasers of Cubs tickets. We send about 500 Bus Groups there, every season. Goodness knows why.......

Fortunately, I get to park on Irving Park Rd, and enjoy the Graveyards on either side.

Jim
You can also take Irving Park Road over towards O'Hare for a bit of planespotting, if you can find room to park the coach
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

You can also take Irving Park Road over towards O'Hare for a bit of planespotting, if you can find room to park the coach
Des Plaines Oasis....go there regularly.

Jim.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 7:10 pm
I have a comma problem

Des Plaines Oasis....go there regularly.

Jim.
Perfect!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:49 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Don't talk nonsense, I wasn't there.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:51 pm

Planespotting, or Trainspotting?
Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Thought you were taking me to task for having left off part of a word when I was talking about the connection to an ancient Egyptian city - I figured you thought my word should have been connecting. Never mind me - I jumped to a conclusion that wasn't there!
Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
As a Scousistan citizen, I got used to saying i was from Liverpool and most people knowing where the city was. Mostly the soccer connection is what clued people in. In America it is different, few know soccer, but surprisingly many do not know where the Beatles are from. It is largely age driven. On 'American Idol', when they had a 'Beatles songs' week, a few of the contestants did not really know who the Beatles were.
This floors me - especially for people who profess to be in the music business! You'd think they'd know some of the most blatant history of some of the most important musicians in the modern era!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.