Fitness...do you?

Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Yes but a jump rope requires coordination.
I mean, in fairness, so does running if you don't want to end up in the road
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Yes but a jump rope requires coordination.
3 sets of 10 minute jump rope can burn around 400 calories... That's an easy workout and no excuse with weather conditions, light/dark, etc! Hence why I do it.

sultan makes a fair point too.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
3 sets of 10 minute jump rope can burn around 400 calories... That's an easy workout and no excuse with weather conditions, light/dark, etc! Hence why I do it.
That seems reasonable because when I take a 5K run, it apparently burns between 450 and 600 calories depending on my pace and it usually takes me between 35 and 40 minutes.

As a complete unrelated aside for anyone who might be interested 10-15 mile walk will burn upwards of 1,000 though, and it's a great way to spend 3-4 hours on a nice day.

I've been lax on my running lately though, it's been over a week. I'm trying to concentrate more on my weights, need to get my squat back up to 225 again before I go on vacation and have to deload 10-20%.

I suppose the jump rope can help your stability and that though, so it will correct itself in the end
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That seems reasonable because when I take a 5K run, it apparently burns between 450 and 600 calories depending on my pace and it usually takes me between 35 and 40 minutes.

As a complete unrelated aside for anyone who might be interested 10-15 mile walk will burn upwards of 1,000 though, and it's a great way to spend 3-4 hours on a nice day.

I've been lax on my running lately though, it's been over a week. I'm trying to concentrate more on my weights, need to get my squat back up to 225 again before I go on vacation and have to deload 10-20%.

I suppose the jump rope can help your stability and that though, so it will correct itself in the end
And for 30 minutes of skipping, it's great. Especially with the variations (single legs, double jumps, etc) that have helped my squats and core as a secondary workout to the gym. I can now squat 400lbs comfortably for 3 sets of 5, and hoping to push it up further gradually, thanks to skipping I believe!

Weights are the way to go, the more muscle you build, the more calories your body burns at BMR, meaning the more weight you'll lose due to the higher chance of being in a calorie deficit. Simple maths. I hate how the health and fitness industry is so overcomplicated and confusing for people to follow these days.

Are you doing a specific workout?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:39 pm
I have a comma problem

And for 30 minutes of skipping, it's great. Especially with the variations (single legs, double jumps, etc) that have helped my squats and core as a secondary workout to the gym. I can now squat 400lbs comfortably for 3 sets of 5, and hoping to push it up further gradually, thanks to skipping I believe!

Weights are the way to go, the more muscle you build, the more calories your body burns at BMR, meaning the more weight you'll lose due to the higher chance of being in a calorie deficit. Simple maths. I hate how the health and fitness industry is so overcomplicated and confusing for people to follow these days.

Are you doing a specific workout?
I'm following Stronglifts 5x5 for weights, so it's all compound lifts (3 days a week with squats every day then alternating days with bench press/bent over row and overhead press/deadlift with progressive overload). I had got my squat up to 305 or 310, can't remember exactly but my form sucked and I wasn't getting close enough to parallel so I dropped back down to 225 to work on that but ended up being out for ages when I got sick and couldn't be arsed going back for a couple of months. Think my deadlift was 285 before I took the break.

So I had to restart again at like a 95lb squat, but it was worth it because I'm back up to 180 tonight and my form is better and I'm getting deeper in the squat. It also helps my 5K time and soccer performance as well. I still suck at the smaller upper body lifts because I'm in a deficit right now so I can't really support the caloric intake for a massive bench, but I got fractional plates so I can overload at 2.5lbs a workout instead of 5, which helps.

But you're right, it's all just maths. Calories in vs calories out and you will lose weight. I decided early on that I wanted to lift to get a good strength base for endurance and also to try to make sure when I actually do get down to my goal weight that I'm actually lean underneath everything. I run for general fitness and to keep my heart strong. Seems to be working, even if I have trouble keeping my calories where they need to be
Old Jun 7th 2017, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm following Stronglifts 5x5 for weights, so it's all compound lifts (3 days a week with squats every day then alternating days with bench press/bent over row and overhead press/deadlift with progressive overload). I had got my squat up to 305 or 310, can't remember exactly but my form sucked and I wasn't getting close enough to parallel so I dropped back down to 225 to work on that but ended up being out for ages when I got sick and couldn't be arsed going back for a couple of months. Think my deadlift was 285 before I took the break.

So I had to restart again at like a 95lb squat, but it was worth it because I'm back up to 180 tonight and my form is better and I'm getting deeper in the squat. It also helps my 5K time and soccer performance as well. I still suck at the smaller upper body lifts because I'm in a deficit right now so I can't really support the caloric intake for a massive bench, but I got fractional plates so I can overload at 2.5lbs a workout instead of 5, which helps.

But you're right, it's all just maths. Calories in vs calories out and you will lose weight. I decided early on that I wanted to lift to get a good strength base for endurance and also to try to make sure when I actually do get down to my goal weight that I'm actually lean underneath everything. I run for general fitness and to keep my heart strong. Seems to be working, even if I have trouble keeping my calories where they need to be
Perfect workout plan. I do that one too. Nobody seems to understand the simplicity (but what about arm workouts, leg days only, etc are questions I get). Explaining compound movements that hit a variety of muscles in one go is the most effective, simple way to gain muscle and strength is, alas, lost on a lot of people. The bane of my life with this workout is the overhead press, progress is terrible and I just generally suck at that exercise.

Exactly. Explaining to people that I could, if I so wished what with my workouts and calorie needs (pushing 3,000+ some days), eat McDonalds all day as long as I consumed less calories than I expended does shock some people. Not the best way to do it, but it can work! Build that base strength, then worry about getting lean. That's what I did, it's easier to do so with more muscle due to the higher amount of calories burnt with more muscle.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 6:00 am
I have a comma problem

Perfect workout plan. I do that one too. Nobody seems to understand the simplicity (but what about arm workouts, leg days only, etc are questions I get). Explaining compound movements that hit a variety of muscles in one go is the most effective, simple way to gain muscle and strength is, alas, lost on a lot of people. The bane of my life with this workout is the overhead press, progress is terrible and I just generally suck at that exercise.
It works, plain and simple. I started with an empty bar and worked my way up to a bodyweight squat inside a couple of months. I did a lot of reading about various plans before even joining a gym and the general consensus was that compound lifts with free weights were the way to go for what my aim was, which was building strength and lean muscle.

Machines, isolation work, extra variations are great if they fit your end goals of course, lots of aesthetic lifters and bodybuilders do all kinds of specialized routines, but for me - the 5x5 is ideal. I like the simplicity, I like that I only have five lifts to perform and I like that it helps me maintain a good level of functional strength while I work on my primary goal, which is weight loss. If I get down to my goal (which is about 160-165 lbs), hopefully I'll have a good foundation of lean muscle already there to help with loose skin and that kind of thing.

Overhead press kicks my arse as well. I got it up around 100/105 lbs on my first run but realized adding 5lbs per workout was holding me back, so I got the fractional plates so I could add 2.5lbs (or less) instead. I'm up to 82.5 lbs on this go around so hopefully I'll make some more progress.

I also did the C25K program for running alongside the 5x5 from the start as well. I went from not being able to run 200 yards without being ready to die to running 3.5 miles inside 9 weeks. I honestly couldn't believe that one worked

Exactly. Explaining to people that I could, if I so wished what with my workouts and calorie needs (pushing 3,000+ some days), eat McDonalds all day as long as I consumed less calories than I expended does shock some people. Not the best way to do it, but it can work! Build that base strength, then worry about getting lean. That's what I did, it's easier to do so with more muscle due to the higher amount of calories burnt with more muscle.
CICO is what works best for me, if I can still feel like I can eat what I want, then I don't fall off the wagon and go mad with overeating. I find most days if I keep it sensible I can keep a deficit going without even really trying. Add in the strength training and running and my deficit gets bigger (or I can have a big dinner if I want).

The other secret is realizing that pigging out on a Saturday and eating half a pizza isn't going to make you gain 5lbs overnight either. Those spikes are just the physical weight of the food and water retention that a good shit and a half hour of medium-high intensity cardo will help mitigate. It takes a surplus of 3,500 calories to gain just 1 pound of fat.

It's a slow burn though, I lost about 20lbs, then put 30 back on again and I'm down about 10 now but I feel like I am approaching something that resembles physical fitness for the first time in 38 years, and that's a start. If I can get below 200 lbs by the end of the year, I'll be happy. 180 by 40 and I will call it a success
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

It works, plain and simple. I started with an empty bar and worked my way up to a bodyweight squat inside a couple of months. I did a lot of reading about various plans before even joining a gym and the general consensus was that compound lifts with free weights were the way to go for what my aim was, which was building strength and lean muscle.

Machines, isolation work, extra variations are great if they fit your end goals of course, lots of aesthetic lifters and bodybuilders do all kinds of specialized routines, but for me - the 5x5 is ideal. I like the simplicity, I like that I only have five lifts to perform and I like that it helps me maintain a good level of functional strength while I work on my primary goal, which is weight loss. If I get down to my goal (which is about 160-165 lbs), hopefully I'll have a good foundation of lean muscle already there to help with loose skin and that kind of thing.

Overhead press kicks my arse as well. I got it up around 100/105 lbs on my first run but realized adding 5lbs per workout was holding me back, so I got the fractional plates so I could add 2.5lbs (or less) instead. I'm up to 82.5 lbs on this go around so hopefully I'll make some more progress.

I also did the C25K program for running alongside the 5x5 from the start as well. I went from not being able to run 200 yards without being ready to die to running 3.5 miles inside 9 weeks. I honestly couldn't believe that one worked

CICO is what works best for me, if I can still feel like I can eat what I want, then I don't fall off the wagon and go mad with overeating. I find most days if I keep it sensible I can keep a deficit going without even really trying. Add in the strength training and running and my deficit gets bigger (or I can have a big dinner if I want).

The other secret is realizing that pigging out on a Saturday and eating half a pizza isn't going to make you gain 5lbs overnight either. Those spikes are just the physical weight of the food and water retention that a good shit and a half hour of medium-high intensity cardo will help mitigate. It takes a surplus of 3,500 calories to gain just 1 pound of fat.

It's a slow burn though, I lost about 20lbs, then put 30 back on again and I'm down about 10 now but I feel like I am approaching something that resembles physical fitness for the first time in 38 years, and that's a start. If I can get below 200 lbs by the end of the year, I'll be happy. 180 by 40 and I will call it a success
That's I chose the plan too. Simple, easy to follow and builds good functional strength. Useful for football, running and whatever else I end up doing (from hiking, to swimming, to squash!) I agree! I find it crazy some every day normal people will try to replicate Dwayne Johnsons workout and lifestyle And yes, I know some people who do.

I eat paleo, as carbs tend to really bloat me and make me lethargic. So a high fat, high protein diet. I find this makes it very hard to go over my daily Calorie Expenditure, as I'm often full very fast, for long periods of time. It works very well for me, and has me feeling more energised, as my body essentially runs of the fat I feed it. Paleo is something I've followed for around a year and a half now. I do eat rice and potatoes when needed (e.g. if I have a very active day, such as a 6/7 hour hike or a lot of training in one day). However, I love burgers, pizzas and donuts and therefore do gorge out on those now and again, and don't feel bad as I won't check the scales the few days after a gorge like that due to the reasons you said - it's mostly food, bloat and water retention.

It is a long game, and many people struggle to realise this. They give up if they have a 'bad week' and think that fluctuations aren't right, albeit the body being a complex machine and not working as simply as we think it does! I'm at 151lbs. But then I'm a natural slim guy, at 5 foot 10. I'm happy with my weight, but my aim is to continue the hardest slog of them all - continue to slowly build muscle and improve my physique!

I move to the US for my masters studies next month And I noticed gyms are expensive in the US compared to home. I don't have much money to splash around on that kind of stuff whilst doing my masters, but the other day found out my school feels includes free recreation centre membership. This made me happy and excited - the university has an olympic sized swimming pool, indoor running track, free weights and free classes.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:41 pm
I have a comma problem

That's I chose the plan too. Simple, easy to follow and builds good functional strength. Useful for football, running and whatever else I end up doing (from hiking, to swimming, to squash!) I agree! I find it crazy some every day normal people will try to replicate Dwayne Johnsons workout and lifestyle And yes, I know some people who do.
The gym I go to is populated by a lot of powerlifters and bodybuilders, so you do see a lot of people doing what appears to be strange movements and workouts, but they're on a very strict routine for their own goals (most of them are ****ing ripped, as a result). There are a lot of people who do go crazy though doing a bunch of things they probably don't need to do.

It really does make a difference for football. The three seasons before I started lifting, I could barely run for 10 minutes and then last year I could run a full half. The 5K helped as well, but they were in turn boosted by all the heavy squats and deadlifts.

Plus, the added benefit is that when done properly the lifts are really good for your back and joints. I've nothing against machines but they don't always use the stabilizing muscles and you have to be a lot more careful with regards to injuries because you can tear your shit if you're not set up right.

I eat paleo, as carbs tend to really bloat me and make me lethargic. So a high fat, high protein diet. I find this makes it very hard to go over my daily Calorie Expenditure, as I'm often full very fast, for long periods of time. It works very well for me, and has me feeling more energised, as my body essentially runs of the fat I feed it. Paleo is something I've followed for around a year and a half now. I do eat rice and potatoes when needed (e.g. if I have a very active day, such as a 6/7 hour hike or a lot of training in one day). However, I love burgers, pizzas and donuts and therefore do gorge out on those now and again, and don't feel bad as I won't check the scales the few days after a gorge like that due to the reasons you said - it's mostly food, bloat and water retention.
I have flirted with low carb in the past, mainly when I want to drop a lot of weight fast because I just shed pounds of water when I go under 40 grams a day, but I have found that if I just eat reasonable portions and sensible meals I'm able to still to some degree eat what I want while keeping the deficit. Now some days that might be 1,000 calories, others it might be 50, but I rarely go over my TDEE especially on running days.

It is a long game, and many people struggle to realise this. They give up if they have a 'bad week' and think that fluctuations aren't right, albeit the body being a complex machine and not working as simply as we think it does! I'm at 151lbs. But then I'm a natural slim guy, at 5 foot 10. I'm happy with my weight, but my aim is to continue the hardest slog of them all - continue to slowly build muscle and improve my physique!
That was the single most important part I had to realize - the fact that I can get to where I want to be but it will probably take a few years to do so. It'll be worth it in the long run but it does seem like a long way off. I'm sitting at the high 220s at 5'9, so I have a long way to go. I'd be happy with 185, but I really want to get down to the 160s. I think I am at least starting to cultivate some degree of actual fitness though, and my doctor agrees, so that is a start.

I move to the US for my masters studies next month And I noticed gyms are expensive in the US compared to home. I don't have much money to splash around on that kind of stuff whilst doing my masters, but the other day found out my school feels includes free recreation centre membership. This made me happy and excited - the university has an olympic sized swimming pool, indoor running track, free weights and free classes.
I was never in a gym in the UK so I have nothing to compare it with but I found a great place that only costs me $25.00/month with the tradeoff that it is 18 miles away from my house. There are other gyms closer but they are either cardio/machine type places with no barbells and power racks or they are too expensive. I picked this place because it had the best balance of price and equipment. There are about 8 or 10 power racks and shit tons of bars and weights. Four full sets of dumbells from 5-100 lbs as well, if the need arises and all the cardio equipment and machines anyone will ever need.

Unis often have great facilities though, yours seems to be no exception.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

It really does make a difference for football. The three seasons before I started lifting, I could barely run for 10 minutes and then last year I could run a full half. The 5K helped as well, but they were in turn boosted by all the heavy squats and deadlifts.

I have flirted with low carb in the past, mainly when I want to drop a lot of weight fast because I just shed pounds of water when I go under 40 grams a day, but I have found that if I just eat reasonable portions and sensible meals I'm able to still to some degree eat what I want while keeping the deficit. Now some days that might be 1,000 calories, others it might be 50, but I rarely go over my TDEE especially on running days.

That was the single most important part I had to realize - the fact that I can get to where I want to be but it will probably take a few years to do so. It'll be worth it in the long run but it does seem like a long way off. I'm sitting at the high 220s at 5'9, so I have a long way to go. I'd be happy with 185, but I really want to get down to the 160s. I think I am at least starting to cultivate some degree of actual fitness though, and my doctor agrees, so that is a start.

I was never in a gym in the UK so I have nothing to compare it with but I found a great place that only costs me $25.00/month with the tradeoff that it is 18 miles away from my house. There are other gyms closer but they are either cardio/machine type places with no barbells and power racks or they are too expensive. I picked this place because it had the best balance of price and equipment. There are about 8 or 10 power racks and shit tons of bars and weights. Four full sets of dumbells from 5-100 lbs as well, if the need arises and all the cardio equipment and machines anyone will ever need.

Unis often have great facilities though, yours seems to be no exception.
Yes, 5kms, jump rope and 5x5 with my other not so regular activities help my football a lot. I can run a whole 90 minute game and still feel fresh - accused of PEDs jokingly a lot by team mates here! I was tempted to try out for the soccer team for my university but due to the nature of my masters, I don't think my schedule would work round it. I've tried to find a local soccer league but that proves harder to find than in the UK.

I too carry a lot less water weight due to low carb, with them only coming from veggies, of which I eat tonnes of alongside my meat. It makes me look leaner! When I have one of my gorge days I look so bloated and chubby compared to my normal situation. I do love how my eating and training allows for me to go yeah I fancy this or that right now, so I'm going to have it, because they aren't regular occurrences and I know it won't negatively affect me in the long run.

24/7 gym here I was at was £15/month, rolling month contract, no sign on fee. Gyms I was seeing on a similar level was around $40/month, I was surprised! But the university equipment does seem great, and I intend to make the most of all that will be offered to me there.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Yes, 5kms, jump rope and 5x5 with my other not so regular activities help my football a lot. I can run a whole 90 minute game and still feel fresh - accused of PEDs jokingly a lot by team mates here! I was tempted to try out for the soccer team for my university but due to the nature of my masters, I don't think my schedule would work round it. I've tried to find a local soccer league but that proves harder to find than in the UK.
I suppose it depends on where you are as far as finding a soccer league goes. It's quite popular round our way and I managed to find a rec league that was started by some coaches and refs in the youth soccer organization my son used to play in. It's got a more relaxed atmosphere than the competitive leagues that also exist in the area, which suits me fine because it means I'm actually able to score goals

I too carry a lot less water weight due to low carb, with them only coming from veggies, of which I eat tonnes of alongside my meat. It makes me look leaner! When I have one of my gorge days I look so bloated and chubby compared to my normal situation. I do love how my eating and training allows for me to go yeah I fancy this or that right now, so I'm going to have it, because they aren't regular occurrences and I know it won't negatively affect me in the long run.
I stopped counting carbs a while ago because it just made me sad. Now I just try to keep it sensible and watch the amount I eat in general. I started drinking a gallon of water a day to help me stop holding on to water weight and that seems to be working. Only downside is I piss every 15 minutes now.

24/7 gym here I was at was £15/month, rolling month contract, no sign on fee. Gyms I was seeing on a similar level was around $40/month, I was surprised! But the university equipment does seem great, and I intend to make the most of all that will be offered to me there.
If you use the current exchange rate, my gym costs me around £19-20.00 a month, also no contract or signing on fee and it's open 24 hours. The place in town that was closest to meeting my needs as a contrast is $40.00/month, with a $99.00 signing on fee and $30.00 maintenance fee and it closes at 11pm on weeknights and 3pm on Sundays. It was a no brainer for me. Yeah, it's a half hour drive each way but I am able to want to keep going because I know it has all the equipment I need.

Can't beat free though. If I'd a bigger basement/garage I'd probably just invest a grand or so in my own power rack, bar and weights. Maybe down the line I will do that but it's not a priority now.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I suppose it depends on where you are as far as finding a soccer league goes. It's quite popular round our way and I managed to find a rec league that was started by some coaches and refs in the youth soccer organization my son used to play in. It's got a more relaxed atmosphere than the competitive leagues that also exist in the area, which suits me fine because it means I'm actually able to score goals

I stopped counting carbs a while ago because it just made me sad. Now I just try to keep it sensible and watch the amount I eat in general. I started drinking a gallon of water a day to help me stop holding on to water weight and that seems to be working. Only downside is I piss every 15 minutes now.

If you use the current exchange rate, my gym costs me around £19-20.00 a month, also no contract or signing on fee and it's open 24 hours. The place in town that was closest to meeting my needs as a contrast is $40.00/month, with a $99.00 signing on fee and $30.00 maintenance fee and it closes at 11pm on weeknights and 3pm on Sundays. It was a no brainer for me. Yeah, it's a half hour drive each way but I am able to want to keep going because I know it has all the equipment I need.

Can't beat free though. If I'd a bigger basement/garage I'd probably just invest a grand or so in my own power rack, bar and weights. Maybe down the line I will do that but it's not a priority now.
I'd have thought being near a major city it'd have been easy to find one. I guess I'll need to look into it a bit more.

I rarely count calories these days too. I know roughly now how many calories something has so can make good choices based on this. It also helped that I have studied a lot of nutrition related science in my undergrad degree too, so that's aided my understanding of foods and how the body works.

A basement gym would be an ideal and perfect gym. My girlfriends house has a basement which we are going to turn into a workout area once I arrive for jump rope, HIIT workouts and yoga too. I look forward to this project with her.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:09 pm
I have a comma problem

I'd have thought being near a major city it'd have been easy to find one. I guess I'll need to look into it a bit more.

I rarely count calories these days too. I know roughly now how many calories something has so can make good choices based on this. It also helped that I have studied a lot of nutrition related science in my undergrad degree too, so that's aided my understanding of foods and how the body works.

A basement gym would be an ideal and perfect gym. My girlfriends house has a basement which we are going to turn into a workout area once I arrive for jump rope, HIIT workouts and yoga too. I look forward to this project with her.
I'm out in the suburbs, myself, but there are a handful of gyms in and around the area. Mostly chain Snap Fitness/Planet Fitness style ones, but the occasional powerlifting/crossfit type place as well.

My problem with food is that I'm about to be back in the UK in a few weeks and there's no way I'm watching what I eat while I'm there! I figure for now I'll try to lose as much as I can before I leave and I'll worry about the rest when I get back.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 11:45 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm out in the suburbs, myself, but there are a handful of gyms in and around the area. Mostly chain Snap Fitness/Planet Fitness style ones, but the occasional powerlifting/crossfit type place as well.

My problem with food is that I'm about to be back in the UK in a few weeks and there's no way I'm watching what I eat while I'm there! I figure for now I'll try to lose as much as I can before I leave and I'll worry about the rest when I get back.
Vacations don't count...also alcohol calories certainly do not count, after all it is only liquid which you expel just a few hours later.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 11:47 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, but I prefer to watch the actual miles pass by. Not a fan of static excercising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.