Fitness...do you?

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 10:19 pm
Banned

common has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond reputecommon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

If you do your own yard work and wash your own cars thats normally a good start if you don't already exercise much.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 6:01 am
Just Joined

Ali7 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I sporadically decide we are "runners" we recently left London and moved to New Zealand to raise our two children here and all of a sudden my husband has become a freaking iron man , well not really but he's cycling to work and back every single day (up a very steep steeeeeep mountain style road to get home) and now I'm thinking o can't think of anything worse than doing exercise right now 😩 someone motivate me and maybe I'll be running after him on his bike HAHA
Old Feb 4th 2017, 9:25 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Nice job . I know what you mean about not enjoying the run but enjoying it afterwards. Even on relatively easy runs I always remember wondering what the hell that 'runner's high' people would talk about was all about.

Myself, I've been back at the gym 3 days a week consistently again for the first time since before Christmas. Just worked my way back up to a 145lb squat (tonight's numbers) and I should be hitting a bodyweight deadlift in about 3 weeks with the return to a 2 plate squat shortly thereafter. It'll feel good to get over 200lbs back on the bar again - that's the penalty for taking 6 weeks off in the summer. The ego takes a hit

As far as the running goes - I've started the 'Couch to 5K' program back up again. Pleasantly surprised that some residual fitness remains from when I was running more regularly because it's much easier this time around. I'm going to shoot for at least 10-12 miles per week once I get done with week 9, and then go from there. I will echo for the new runners though that it does get easier. When I started C25K last year, I couldn't run 200 yards without collapsing in a heap and inside 8 weeks I was running 3 miles with relative ease. Even hit a sub-10 minute mile in May

Soccer season starts in April - hopefully I'm back on form again for that.
You need to look into becoming a soccer referee, that should keep you moving.
Running is like any other excercise it is just about getting out and doing it.
Excuses are easy.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

So after my 'christmas break from exercise', beginning of December to end of January, I've now just started to get back into exercising. I went from 152lbs to 160lbs, excessive consumption of crap and christmas junk over those 2 months. I guess 1lb gain a week on average isn't too bad considering the christmas foods and stuff that gets ate!

Now back to paleo lifestyle, and trying to get my weight back down to where it was before, and hopefully 150lbs! Running again too, which has turned out I lost a lot of my running ability in those 2 months off, oops! Still managing an average of 7.5km a run though!
Old Feb 5th 2017, 1:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
You need to look into becoming a soccer referee, that should keep you moving.
Running is like any other excercise it is just about getting out and doing it.
Excuses are easy.
I've done refereeing before. I much prefer playing it, which is what I do now between April and September every year. Can't be arsed dealing with coaches who don't understand the rules enough anymore, or parents who think their children are Ronaldo and Messi combined

Now I'm back on the horse again, so to speak, the running will improve. As you say, just getting out and running is all I need to do.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:33 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Says it all
https://itrainthereforeieat.files.wo...aterunning.jpg
More love than hate.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 1:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one

Maybe if I stick at it a bit more religiously this year, it'll get easier. It has to, right?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one

Maybe if I stick at it a bit more religiously this year, it'll get easier. It has to, right?
That was my thought process last summer but nope. Once it got easier I got bored, so I'd try and run faster or run further, ensuring the love/hate relationship kept going!
Old Feb 13th 2017, 7:45 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by jambey2510
That was my thought process last summer but nope. Once it got easier I got bored, so I'd try and run faster or run further, ensuring the love/hate relationship kept going!
I wouldn't mind so much pushing 5K to 10K if the 5K part didn't half kill me

Still, better to be running a shitty 5K time than sitting on my arse not running anywhere, I suppose.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

I wouldn't mind so much pushing 5K to 10K if the 5K part didn't half kill me

Still, better to be running a shitty 5K time than sitting on my arse not running anywhere, I suppose.
I went 5k, 7.5k and then 10k. I ran 15k and never again will I attempt such a stupid idea again. I learnt not every idea I have is a good one that day!

Exactly, at least you're up and running, which is good in itself!
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by jambey2510
I went 5k, 7.5k and then 10k. I ran 15k and never again will I attempt such a stupid idea again. I learnt not every idea I have is a good one that day!

Exactly, at least you're up and running, which is good in itself!
If I go that far, I'll stick to 10K. Though, if I run 4 laps of the trail loop by my house, that's 7.2 miles, or 11.5K, so maybe that will be my limit. If I want to go farther, I'll walk or ride my bike. I'll happily spend a Sunday walking 10-15 miles if the weather is nice.

But yeah, I'm up and trying. Still eating too much but at least I'm somewhat 'fit' and it makes the soccer seasons much easier as far as endurance goes.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:36 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Got back into my rowing....
then this morning during training I capsized again. Freezing cold water and 45F air temp. Luckily the coach got me out of the water quickly and into some dry clothes. Then I went to the car and managed to slam the boot closed on my finger. Luckily I'm not into manicures because I'm going to lose that finger nail. Ouch. and fed up. Luckily supermarket is selling all the valentines chocs at half price so I'm comfort eating this afternoon.....
Old Mar 11th 2017, 9:01 am

Wow a great article on topic, somewhat.
Long-distance running and evolution: Why humans can outrun horses but can’t jump higher than cats.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 2:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just recently rejoined the gym and signed up for boot camp sessions 4 days a week, hoping for a kick- start to...something, anything...

Rene
Old Apr 10th 2017, 2:34 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

The husband & I always try to have a mile walk every day. But recently our son left his young lab dog with us while he's overseas, so our walking has kicked up to double or triple the usual most days. Plus, our pace is now "brisker", as this dog is strong & likes moving fast.

We feel far fitter faster this spring than in the past, so much so that we're going to miss this pup when she goes home....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.