Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Farrah Fawcett, get your tissues out!

Farrah Fawcett, get your tissues out!

Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice
Default Re: Farrah Fawcett, get your tissues out!

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
I buried my sister a year ago today thank you..I nursed her through liver cancer,she was just 37yrs... I think joking about death is in bad taste,
So why do you do it? Farrah Fawcett was somebody's sister too...
Old Jun 28th 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

She is upset about the jokes that people (including me) have made on the michael jackson thread.
I understand that, I feel the same way about the jokes she has made on this thread.

What I don't understand, is the adamant stand she is taking, to make MJ into something that he wasn't...a good and decent man! Most of us accept that he was an amazing musician/dancer etc. But She cannot acccept that he paid his way out of jailtime. It's no good saying that any parent would push for a conviction if he really HAD messed with their child. Most parents could not afford a long drawn out court case against a billionaire! At least by taking the money, they could get therapy for the child.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Englishtart
She is upset about the jokes that people (including me) have made on the michael jackson thread.
I understand that, I feel the same way about the jokes she has made on this thread.

What I don't understand, is the adamant stand she is taking, to make MJ into something that he wasn't...a good and decent man! Most of us accept that he was an amazing musician/dancer etc. But She cannot acccept that he paid his way out of jailtime. It's no good saying that any parent would push for a conviction if he really HAD messed with their child. Most parents could not afford a long drawn out court case against a billionaire! At least by taking the money, they could get therapy for the child.
If you believe that for a min.. I guess you missed where the supposed victim was sued his father for trying to kill him...right around the time he got the last installments of his settlement from Micheal Jackson..his father was trying to keep him quiet? As of yesterday, its being leaked that the 'victim' made the story up, as forced by his father...
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by janet82
So why do you do it? Farrah Fawcett was somebody's sister too...
so why is it acceptable to make fun of one and not the other? MJ was a father,brother,etc..too..
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

If you believe that for a min.. I guess you missed where the supposed victim was sued his father for trying to kill him...right around the time he got the last installments of his settlement from Micheal Jackson..his father was trying to keep him quiet? As of yesterday, its being leaked that the 'victim' made the story up, as forced by his father...

Do you believe everything you read?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Do you believe everything you read?
I guess you don't read period... people are going to believe/hear what they want to believe regardless of any facts out there...Kobe anyone? Extortion wouldn't be a stretch for that father..

The boy who got a 20 million dollar settlement from Michael Jackson after accusing the pop star of sexual molestation in 1993 is now battling his own father in court over charges of life-threatening physical abuse.
The accuser [Jordan Chandler], now 26, says his ex-dentist dad Evan Chandler "struck him on the head from behind with a 12-1/2-pound [dumbbell] weight ... sprayed his eyes with Mace or pepper spray and tried to choke him" last year, according to court documents filed in New Jersey.

It's a mystery why the son and the father, who became millionaires in 1994, thanks to the Jackson sex-abuse settlement, were fighting in August 2005 - just two months after the singer's acquittal in another [alleged abuse] case involving a teenage cancer survivor.

Santa Barbara County prosecutors had begged the 1993 accuser to testify at Jackson's 2005 trial, hoping he could bolster that alleged victim's similar story of fondling at the pop star's hands. But the college graduate refused to get involved.

Last edited by Islandgurl; Jun 28th 2009 at 6:29 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

so why is it acceptable to make fun of one and not the other? MJ was a father,brother,etc..too..
I've never said that it was acceptable. I'm not being a stick in the mud or anything, I do have a sense of humour. My point was that just becasue others do it you don't have to join in, especially when you yourself have said that you find it in bad tatse.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Had a feeling that's where that came from...kinda sad since Farrah Fawcett lived a good life, no kiddy curiosity from her etc
I agree with Islandgurl. Of course MJ never did any good for the world at all ... charity work
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Dying of cancer through no fault of ones own is nothing to joke about.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Islandgurl is merely pointing out the hypocrisy ... that it's apparently okay to make fun of one person's death but not anothers. When the body's not yet cold I find it in poor taste period.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do your homework. Michael did a lot of good for this world. "We are the World" alone raised $63 million dollars for charity, and that was only one of many many initiatives. Google "Michael Jackson charity work", you'll see lots of stories.

Everyone seems to think it's okay to condemn him over allegations, 100% overlooking the good work that it is known he has done, and not showing any respect for those who are upset over his passing.

None of us can know for sure what happened with the allegations. Did he do it? Maybe. Were the parents of the children in question out for money? Maybe. Settling out of court does not mean that one is guilty, and the last time I checked we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I agree with Islandgurl. Of course MJ never did any good for the world at all ... charity work

Believe me Kaffy, I know that MJ did a lot of work for charity, no argument from me. I don't think I ever said he didn't do any good for the world.

I'm just gobsmacked at the force of defense he is getting for some of the 'other' things he did, that imho should not be excused or given 'reasonable explanations' for
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Believe me Kaffy, I know that MJ did a lot of work for charity, no argument from me. I don't think I ever said he didn't do any good for the world.

I'm just gobsmacked at the force of defense he is getting for some of the 'other' things he did, that imho should not be excused or given 'reasonable explanations' for
I guess I'm just saying that we don't know that he did that. Read this, the whole thing is weird. I didn't know about the 'truth serum' ... odd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_ch...ichael_Jackson

He did say he thought it was okay to sleep in the same bed as kids, and I agree that's 100% weird and inappropriate, but that's not proof that he was engaging in sexual acts with them.

I just don't want to see a dead man smeared for something we don't know that he did. If you believe in God he'll be facing judgment now, and if not, he's gone from this earth regardless.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but agree Kaffy that MJ might well be innocent in all of this. After all he was acquitted and that should be the end of that. Going after him in many ways came across like a witch hunt. He is dead, and his side of the story is buried with him. He was a talented entertainer, particularly a good father, and a philandrophist <sp>.

As for Farrah, she lived a rather quiet Hollywood life and I never considered her a B actress of little talent. I felt her movies, both large screen and television, were well acted and helped promote women's abuse and a need for help.

I can't see the jokes made about either of the deceased but then, people do behave strangely with emotions that they can't deal with.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

But Wait ....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But Wait ....

For What?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.