Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Education info for USA.

Education info for USA.

Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice
Default Re: Education info for USA.

How can you be academic and not have any formal qualifications?
Things happen in school that ruins your school life, and you end up with nothing, nothing to do with being intelligent or not.

Why do you think i want to do an access course to goto university? Why make assusmptions about my intelligence when you have no idea about it? Really gets to me that does.

Thanks for the helpful comment bob.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:29 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

What he said is true -- to earn the equivalent of the UK minimum wage, many occupations require you to have at least a bachelor's degree -- a HS diploma is not sufficient. We do not recognise trade skills or work experience as we should.
Of FFS I was pulling the kid's bleeding leg...

Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:30 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaPs
Things happen in school that ruins your school life, and you end up with nothing, nothing to do with being intelligent or not.

Why do you think i want to do an access course to goto university? Why make assusmptions about my intelligence when you have no idea about it? Really gets to me that does.

Thanks for the helpful comment bob.
Rule number 1: do not diss a mod without having spent a considerable length of time here.

If we change the word "academic" to "academia" then his statement is spot on.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I having problems with the new Ian.
So am I... but I am trying my best to maintain a positive outlook and posting style... even if I have to grit my teeth each time! Without going into any details, this is what I said I would do and I mean to do it as best I can.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Feb 8th 2008 at 4:34 am.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:34 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So am I... but I am trying my best to maintain a positive outlook and posting style... even if I have to grit my teeth each time! Without going into any deatails, this is what I said I would do and I mean to do it as best I can.

Ian
It is Lent after all...

Now, if some of you guys could motivate me to get off my and do my bleeding taxes...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

Don't bother doing your income tax, you don't need to do that, no law to say so either
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:38 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

doh - so she doesnt want the likely refund due either? again NO IDEA
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Yes, NO IDEA, of course

I'm sure the refund is far less than the good fifth of your income you give as income tax
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:42 am
Homebody

Yes, NO IDEA, of course

I'm sure the refund is far less than the good fifth of your income you give as income tax
I wish.

I do so wish... :curse:
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

I was being conservative on my measurement of how taxing it is, excuse the pun

But i have NO IDEA about it, obviously
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother doing your income tax, you don't need to do that, no law to say so either
Al Capone said the same ....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Lol Ray. If he did then he is correct!

There is no law, the IRS enforce it though
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Now, if some of you guys could motivate me to get off my and do my bleeding taxes...
Sheila and I plan on doing our taxes this weekend. We usually efile by the middle of February and have a refund check within about 3 weeks. Probably not as much as last year though, since she's finished her degree now, and paid for that last semester in December 06. Ah well, still... as my dear mom would say, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly you aren't intelligent enough to understand that when people who have a fairly good idea of what they are talking about say you can't do something, that pretty much means you can't do something. Or that when you ask people for free help and start insulting them, they aren't going to fall over themselves to give you even more free help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:48 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sheila and I plan on doing our taxes this weekend. We usually efile by the middle of February and have a refund check within about 3 weeks. Probably not as much as last year though, since she's finished her degree now, and paid for that last semester in December 06. Ah well, still... as my dear mom would say, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Ian
No refund for me............. they are after my blood...

Do you think that the fact that it's blue increases it's value, i.e. can I pull rank and reduce my tax bill?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.