Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Education info for USA.

Education info for USA.

Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:03 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education info for USA.

Oh, you're still here, then?
"That's it, I'm going."
"I'm really going now."
"No, I mean it, I'm really going".
rinse and repeat...

You say that we don't know anything about you and your ability to come to the US. Well, you've already told us that you don't have any formal education/qualifications hence your need for the access class.

So, I would wager you're not of an academic bent. Seems to rule out coming here on an educational basis.

I want to know why you want to come to Orange County. Is it the TV show? Maybe the one about the motorcycles. What do you think life is like over here?
You know, if you did come over, and worked under table, how would you spend your $2,000 that you said you could make?
How will you get around? Are you going to buy a car, make rent, utilities etc with $2,000?

Maybe you'll get lucky and be discovered washing dishes in some restaurant somewhere. You and the 2 million wannabe "actors" living their dream.

You have a lot of growing up to do, kid.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaPs
Some of you here are helpful, and thanks for that. Others are utter idiots, but think your great, thanks for that too, gave me a good laugh.
Ditto ...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:09 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I would of thought...........
It is important for would-be immigrants to the US to understand that the educational standards here are much higher than back in Blighty.

So you may want to brush up on your grammar.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:12 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, alright! You have worn us down and your persistence has paid off.
How did you know that there was a little known visa that is perfect for what you need? Did you have an inkling or has info leaked?

It's a closely guarded secret on these forums, but now you're kinda-sorta an insider like us, you can apply for an FeS2 visa. It's how most of us got here who didn't get married. Ask those fools at the US Embassy for a form and you'll be golden.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you here are helpful, and thanks for that. Others are utter idiots, but think your great, thanks for that too, gave me a good laugh.
I really do need to apologize for the way people seemed to have turned on you. Honestly, I have no idea why this happens, but sometimes it does. If you ignore all the barbs, I think you'll find that you did get some good information, even if it wasn't the information you were hoping to receive. Dealing with US immigration is very difficult... the laws are specifically designed to keep non-US citizens out of the US. Good luck to you for the future!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
It is important for would-be immigrants to the US to understand that the educational standards here are much higher than back in Blighty.

So you may want to brush up on your grammar.
I am not sure that is the case, it is certainly true that there are lots of people with pieces of paper, and paper does count. But then there are lots with no more that a High School Diploma.

But then many jobs around here need at least a degree to earn what would be minimum wage in the UK.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

I never said anything about Orange county being a dreamland with everything being magical, i never said i'm expecting to live off 1000 pounds and goto hollywood as an actor, why are you making these assumptions?

I'm here to learn about it but i never thought it's a magical dreamworld where everything is perfect, i think your reading my posts wrong and trying to assume what i'm saying.

Just prooves it by saying i can't b of academic bent because i haven't got any gcse's lol, what an arrogant assumption.

Also with the grammer statement, i don't tend to be perfect on a forum where you post quick posts, get a grip.

Keyboard warriors much?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:17 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

what do you reckon guys. They will come on a VWP and overstay and work cash in hand because they know better and they are not like those illegal mexicans right! Then get caught out and banned for years - and then come on these forums whining about how they didnt know and what can they do to get around the ban. anyone giving odds on that?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:18 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not sure that is the case, it is certainly true that there are lots of people with pieces of paper, and paper does count. But then there are lots with no more that a High School Diploma.

But then many jobs around here need at least a degree to earn what would be minimum wage in the UK.
OMG...

Time to wake up, Sweetheart
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
what do you reckon guys. They will come on a VWP and overstay and work cash in hand because they know better and they are not like those illegal mexicans right! Then get caught out and banned for years - and then come on these forums whining about how they didnt know and what can they do to get around the ban. anyone giving odds on that?
Nah !! his mum won't let hiim out to play ..
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

I didn't say i was going to do that, and i wouldn't be so stupid to waste money and get banned from a country, i have a future reputation to keep, lol.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

How can you be academic and not have any formal qualifications?

I do not consider myself academic, but I did get my A levels.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking more along the lines of an H2B visa for seasonal work, for ski instructors and the like, again not that easy to come by.

Sure you might find some cash in hand work, but that's hardly ideal if you have plans on returning to the US in the future etc...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

Please pick Japan.
That's another country that is hard to get a visa for....and not cheap either.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:28 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG...

Time to wake up, Sweetheart

What he said is true -- to earn the equivalent of the UK minimum wage, many occupations require you to have at least a bachelor's degree -- a HS diploma is not sufficient. We do not recognise trade skills or work experience as we should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.