Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Education info for USA.

Education info for USA.

Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education info for USA.

Originally Posted by Elvira
Ian, Darling - time to change said moniker to "kind-hearted sanctimonious prick"........... perhaps?
I've had to compromise... seems there's a letter limit!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've had to compromise... seems there's a letter limit!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

America is a fantastic place, the land of the free, well it would be that again if the government stuck the the constitution like it should!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaPs
America is a fantastic place, the land of the free, well it would be that again if the government stuck the the constitution like it should!
It's interesting to note that in the entire history of the British Empire, the US is the *only* country to have successfully seceded and gained independence.

I remember an episode of Room 222 (am I dating myself?). A black student had created a piece for her art class... the US flag shoved into a garbage can. An adult foreign student in an evening class saw this piece of art and destroyed it.

The adult foreign student's position - he left his home country to find freedom, the sort of freedom promised by the US Constitution. He simply could not understand why someone would treat the US flag - a symbol of that freedom - so disrespectfully.

The black student's position - she was born in the US and knew that the Constitution was flawed, despite 27 amendments and changes in the law that kept up with a dynamic and growing country. Still, she was not satisfied with things as they were.

So... I guess your position is similar to the adult foreign student. You see the US as a haven for freedom. We who are already here, know that it is flawed.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

The way the USA is at this time is flawed, yes, but it's most certainly not the constitution that is flawed. It is the people who are meant to uphold the constitution who are the ones who are flawed, paying lip service and sometimes completely ignoring it to do what they want to do, for their own personal gain ala The Iraq war, the patriot act, homeland security etc.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

The way the USA is at this time is flawed, yes, but it's most certainly not the constitution that is flawed. It is the people who are meant to uphold the constitution who are the ones who are flawed, paying lip service and sometimes completely ignoring it to do what they want to do, for their own personal gain ala The Iraq war, the patriot act, homeland security etc.
The constitution is a lovely document, but in all the years I've lived here it has had little effect on my or my family's life, whereas the multitude of laws and political decisions most certainly have.

In any event, I'm still partial to the Magna Carta.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

... but it's most certainly not the constitution that is flawed.
Respectfully, I disagree... and I've actually studied the US Constitution from start to finish, including the Amendments - and have not based my knowledge only on what's been broadcast by the popular media.

However, we're getting away from your issue with visas... so we should return to that, don't you think?

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
In any event, I'm still partial to the Magna Carta.
Ah... the great legal document written by John the Usurper!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

The UK should have a constitution like the USA, because no one knows what their rights are in this country really!

The constitution isnt flawed, that's what amendments are for! It is the upholders who defraud it and ignore what it says! It really is that simple. Such as you need a declaration of war to go to war, the Iraq war, no declaration, lip service!

Anyway, back to the visa business!

It's either i'm going to the US for the summer or Japan(My uncle lives there) Probably a cheaper and easier option.

I think i definatly will live in the USA some time in the future though and go their to study next year! Do my access course here first(easier)
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:13 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i wish there was somewhere i could place a bet on that. If you ever make it to the us permanantly and legally ill eat my hat. You clearly have NO IDEA. You are rude to the posters when they dont tell you what you want to hear and yet still expect more answers.

Please pick Japan.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

The constitution isnt flawed, that's what amendments are for!
At the risk of pressing the issue... your argument is not correct. The constitution *is* flawed, and that is why the amendments exist!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh this is a good thread. Made me laugh out loud here at my desk this morning!
Keep on dreaming honey...
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Japan

http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/work_hol.html

I having problems with the new Ian. Bring back the old one, this thread is made for the old one.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

What makes you think i can't goto the USA because i have no idea?

Of course i have no idea, that's why i'm here.

It's only a visa for gods sake, just because i don't know about it doesn't mean i won't EVER be able to go anywhere lol.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think i can't goto the USA because i have no idea?
Of course i have no idea, that's why i'm here.
It's only a visa for gods sake, just because i don't know about it doesn't mean i won't EVER be able to go anywhere lol.
Two weeks in Orlando ... your manage that ..
But don't shout at the natives ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.