2020 Election

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I would think the intersection of Fox News watchers and Democratic Debate watchers is practically zero.
MeToo

Seems we were both wrong.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 3:56 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but sometimes people aren't complete assholes but they live with an asshole who has FOX news blaring all day.
There are legal remedies to that. It's called divorce.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
There are legal remedies to that. It's called divorce.
Reminds me of this:

Dating A Democrat: How 2020’s Presidential Election Has Altered Romance in D.C.

https://wamu.org/story/19/11/15/dati...omance-in-d-c/

Rick, 29, is firmly in Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren’s camp. She supported Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign and says she was more willing to date a supporter of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders back then.

She concedes she’ll occasionally go out with a Sanders supporter. But she says there’s a reason the odds are slim. “Nine times out of 10, it turns into a very big argument,” she sighs. “I’ve been on dates whereby the end of the night, it’s completely ruined. I know where it’s going to go — best to just avoid it.”

Rick is upfront now about what’s she’s looking for on dating apps—her Hinge profile says she’s seeking “a gregarious dork who’s really into small things and passionate about them and is also voting for Elizabeth Warren.”

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 4:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Just imagine what it's like around here. I'm deep in Trump country - I think my county went for Trump 96-4 or something like that. Seriously.

The response that I most often get to asking why they tolerate his racist, anti-immigrant, women hating ways?

'At least he's going what he said he was going to do'

My usual retort is something to do with seeing that first payment for the wall from Mexico any day now.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/tv-...es-1203411983/

So that explains the lack of comments, hardly anybody watched it.
​​​​​​​Impeachment hearings took my viewing time.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Based on past experience, this may just translate to 'Warren did the best' !
Probably, at least according to 538's polling:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...november-poll/

Good to see Gabbard dropping off the bottom of the graph. She's got to be a plant of some kind.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 22nd 2019 at 4:20 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yeah but sometimes people aren't complete assholes but they live with an asshole who has FOX news blaring all day.
If the truth be known ... ... I hate to admit it, but my GF likes to have Fox Business News on during the day, muted, simply because their 'stock ticker' (or whatever that thing is at the bottom that shows market info) is easier to read than CNNs and other channels! She works from home and doesn't 'watch' the TV, but likes to see the ticker from time to time.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Probably, at least according to 538's polling:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...november-poll/

Good to see Gabbard dropping off the bottom of the graph. She's got to be a plant of some kind.
I just saw that Bloomberg filed papers to run. And then I saw this:
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...lection-072893
(massive Ad buy by Bloomberg).

So ... looks like it might actually happen!
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I would think the intersection of Fox News watchers and Democratic Debate watchers is practically zero.
If you think only in extremes then the demographics don't line up, but there are a sizeable number. I don't know if you remember how desperate Fox News was to host one of the debates. It was pretty unexpected when a whole crowd of Fox News viewers said they would be happy to switch to a Medicare-for-all system on live tv.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If the truth be known ... ... I hate to admit it, but my GF likes to have Fox Business News on during the day, muted, simply because their 'stock ticker' (or whatever that thing is at the bottom that shows market info) is easier to read than CNNs and other channels! She works from home and doesn't 'watch' the TV, but likes to see the ticker from time to time.
Fox Business News is a bit like the WSJ. Pretty good when it sticks to business news but completely off the wall when it veers into commentary.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:55 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Interesting conspiracy theory. I have issues with some of Tulsi's positions, but to suggest that she has some sort of ulterior motive to her campaign seems bizarre.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zargof
Interesting conspiracy theory. I have issues with some of Tulsi's positions, but to suggest that she has some sort of ulterior motive to her campaign seems bizarre.
Didn't Hillary out her?
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:23 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Hillary out her?
If by "out" you mean assert without evidence, then I guess.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zargof
If by "out" you mean assert without evidence, then I guess.
I assumed most people would understand the context.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I assumed most people would understand the context.
Apparently most people didn't actually listen to what Clinton said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ntons-jab-her/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.