2020 Election

Old Apr 2nd 2019, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

Assault is an interesting term, used to mean something physical now often refers to the verbal, using a word I do not like.

Times change.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
You are a sanctimonious -rat

Don't think you should verbally abuse people on these forums...Quite unacceptable.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hotscot

Don't think you should verbally abuse people on these forums...Quite unacceptable.
We should all decry Hate Speech, anyway back to Joe.

Asked about the fresh scrutiny over former Vice President Joe Biden’s behavior with women, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi offered some advice: “Just pretend you have a cold and I have a cold.”

Pelosi, who is the first female Speaker, urged male politicians to keep their distance during encounters with women.

“Join the straight-arm club with me,” she said during a live interview with Politico in Washington on Tuesday. “He’s an affectionate person, to children, to senior citizens, to everyone, but that’s just not the way.”
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I worked with a guy who was shall we say touchy and it was just how he was and never thought more about it, not something you can do now, especially in the political sphere.
Not something you could do then either. About 30 years ago a bloke at work who I hardly knew patted and rubbed my bum. I ground the pointy heel of my shoe into the top of his foot and broke a bone. He never touched me again.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you!
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not something you could do then either. About 30 years ago a bloke at work who I hardly knew patted and rubbed my bum. I ground the pointy heel of my shoe into the top of his foot and broke a bone. He never touched me again.
He would put his hand on my shoulder for example, there is an English guy I know and his American wife always gives me a hug, and I sort of assume she knows that being English it is an issue. I can deal with it much better now.

Seems that Americans are on average are less reserved.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

He would put his hand on my shoulder for example, there is an English guy I know and his American wife always gives me a hug, and I sort of assume she knows that being English it is an issue. I can deal with it much better now.

At least he didn't pat your bum, 'my' touchy-feely-creepy bloke might have got away with a shoulder. Once
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Good for you!
He squealed like a pig, it was most gratifying.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
At least he didn't pat your bum, 'my' touchy-feely-creepy bloke might have got away with a shoulder. Once
Exactly.

I would imagine that we can agree on what is totally unacceptable down one end, and there is me down the other end feeling uncomfortable with a hug from a lady I do not know well. Joe I would put between the two, but how do you measure it, so subjective.

The French kissing on the cheeks obvious totally acceptable to them but not to me.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 4:26 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Why did it take so long for Uncle Joe's hair sniffing to become public?
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Why did it take so long for Uncle Joe's hair sniffing to become public?
It didn't.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 4:34 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It didn't.
It took place in 2014. I don't recall it being mentioned until about a week or so ago
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
It took place in 2014. I don't recall it being mentioned until about a week or so ago
Biden's "close proximity" actions have been around since way back when. So although this one may not have been known, there are many others that were. What's changed are the perceptions of such behaviour.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Apr 2nd 2019 at 4:55 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

May seem odd now, but when I first arrived in the US, shaking hands was not a typical thing for me. Yes, if it is a formal interview or something, but not the thing you'd do on meeting a friend in a social setting. Nowadays, I'm used to it.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Biden's actions were no secret, I remember seeing plenty of TV coverage where would potentially have crossed my own personal line. It's clear he means nothing by it, and I assume many people have never chided him for doing so, so he continues. At worst it just looks a bit patronising I think. He at least seems to be dealing with it the right way - sorry if I've crossed a line, not denying it (which would be impossible given plenty of TV and photographic evidence is about). The country voted for Trump, I doubt it will derail his efforts, more likely to do that will be the impetus to try and get someone that looks and feels a bit "different".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.