2020 Election

Old Nov 8th 2019, 6:24 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Mayor of New York on his resume though, which is a stronger qualification than some other candidates... I somehow doubt he's running because of Warren's tax plans.
Mayor of New York didn't help Bill De Blasio. You can doubt that, but he's been pretty clear he would only get in the race if either Sanders or Warren had a decent shot of winning. Personally, I think it's great if he wants to waste his money. Besides the six votes that he will get will come from one of the centrists and make it more likely that Sanders or Warren win, which is a nice irony.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Mayor of New York didn't help Bill De Blasio.
What I saw of De Blasio was exceptionally unimpressive and had nothing to do with him being Mayor of New York. Of course, one Mr Giuliani was also Mayor of New York!

As you seem to have a singularly negative opinion of Bloomberg, what did you think of his time as mayor?
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:20 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

What I saw of De Blasio was exceptionally unimpressive and had nothing to do with him being Mayor of New York. Of course, one Mr Giuliani was also Mayor of New York!

As you seem to have a singularly negative opinion of Bloomberg, what did you think of his time as mayor?
My opinion of Bloomberg isn't really relevant, as I was just commenting that I don't see why we really need another old white male billionaire in the Democratic primary. The one we already have isn't doing too well.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion of Bloomberg isn't really relevant, as I was just commenting that I don't see why we really need another old white male billionaire in the Democratic primary. The one we already have isn't doing too well.
So you're going to judge Bloomberg by how Steyer is doing? As opposed to judging him on his owns merits (or lack thereof)?
Old Nov 8th 2019, 9:14 pm
I love my brick!

So you're going to judge Bloomberg by how Steyer is doing? As opposed to judging him on his owns merits (or lack thereof)?
Well I can't judge his based on his platform as he doesn't have one. I could do based on his record I suppose, but that's not very pretty. Pro-cop, pro-business, not great in a Dem primary. I mean the good things are his stance on climate, but Bernie already has that tied up. Jay Inslee made it his primary issue, and look where that got him. Gun control? Well ask Beto about that one.

I suppose he could run as the guy who tried to ban Big Gulps. I'm sure that will be a big vote winner.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 10:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't often agree with Zargof, but I do in this case. Yawn.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
He’s thinking of running because he assumes - quite correctly - that none of the current crop of Democrats have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating Trump in 2020. Whether he’s got the chops remains to be seen but if he does run then at least it’ll put the idea of resurrecting Hillary firmly to bed.
I'm thinking that he might get my vote at this point.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Not sure who I will vote for in the primary, but I certainly don't dismiss Bloomberg out of hand.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 11:14 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Interesting. I remember you saying that you thought Biden and Sanders were too old. Mikey B is 77.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 1:24 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Is that psychic lady still in the running?
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:56 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Leslie
Is that psychic lady still in the running?
Yes and she still is a better option than Mike Bloomberg.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and she still is a better option than Mike Bloomberg.
Indeed. I want to know where Bloomberg stands on this . . .
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ds/2150503001/
Old Nov 9th 2019, 11:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Indeed. I want to know where Bloomberg stands on this . . .
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ds/2150503001/
I had just popped a cannabis candy into my mouth; you have to use these powers for good, Superwoman!
Old Nov 10th 2019, 1:20 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by caretaker
I had just popped a cannabis candy into my mouth; you have to use these powers for good, Superwoman!
Don't even get me started. Or rather, yes please get me started.

Even medical marijuana isn't consistent across states. Stupid. I could easily become a one issue voter in 2020.

As an independent voter I am working on a checklist:

1) Must support legalization.
2) Must not be Donald Trump.

The former is negotiable the latter is not.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. I remember you saying that you thought Biden and Sanders were too old. Mikey B is 77.
Oh dear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.