2020 Election

Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:04 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by nain rouge
......And many, many people have the good fortune to be born to wealthy families and become trust fund babies. They spend their life after getting (ahem) "Gentlemen's C's" from the Ivy League college their father's checkbooks bought them into, going from dinner party to beach party, never having to worry if they can pay the costs of ordinary living or of a sudden serious illness. They don't work hard and they don't sacrifice.

Others don't become rich and remain poor, not because they are not willing to work hard or sacrifice (Many, maybe most, are working 65+ work weeks) but because they don't have a chance to break out of their circumstances. You can only "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" if you have bootstraps; if you are shoe-less you work to just to be able to live day-to-day.
Wealth envy is a waste of time. The rich live their life styles and they'll never give you any of their money anyway so why bother about it. I pulled myself up by the boot straps and I'm no genius. My son in law, part Mexican likes to tell the story of his great grand parents who sneaked across the Rio Grande, hiked their way to California and worked in the farm fields. Their son fought in WW2 in Europe and was discharged as a master sergeant at the end. My S.in.Ls father served in the LAPD for many years and ended up as a detective lieutenant and his son, my daughter's husband became a Captain in the USAF.

There is an actual shortage in such trades as welders, carpenters, bricklayers, roofers the manual trades that pay pretty well Young people these days after graduating from college prefer the more academic professions
Many junior colleges offer courses in the manual trades. The opportunities are there still. It just needs the will to make the effort

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 11th 2019 at 6:06 am.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:16 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
I've enjoyed many $100+ days in Disney and given money to Homeless people I walk past in the street. Granted, there was a time last year when it turned out it was just a worker from the restaurant over the road taking a coffee break and sitting in the doorway.
You're a bit more affluent than me then. I find the entrance fee to Disney a bit unreasonable so haven't been for a number of years. The food is crappy and over priced also but the rest is great fun, no argument there.

I'll give an older homeless person money but not some strapping young guy who looks as if he could do an honest days work. Donating to St Jude's hospital for kids with cancer to me is more rewarding
Old Dec 11th 2019, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nain rouge
......And many, many people have the good fortune to be born to wealthy families and become trust fund babies. They spend their life after getting (ahem) "Gentlemen's C's" from the Ivy League college their father's checkbooks bought them into, going from dinner party to beach party, never having to worry if they can pay the costs of ordinary living or of a sudden serious illness. They don't work hard and they don't sacrifice.

Others don't become rich and remain poor, not because they are not willing to work hard or sacrifice (Many, maybe most, are working 65+ work weeks) but because they don't have a chance to break out of their circumstances. You can only "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" if you have bootstraps; if you are shoe-less you work to just to be able to live day-to-day.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Christopher Steele has even more info that has yet to be released.

https://dailysoundandfury.com/steele...m_campaign=tti
Old Dec 11th 2019, 1:24 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Hadn't thought of this aspect before; so currently my g/f is paying $2-300 / mo for her medicare plan. Are you saying that all the current medicare recipients (the 'over 65') will start getting the same service for free? I guess that makes logical sense.
M4A will cover dental and vision as well, so it would be better coverage than she already gets.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zargof
M4A will cover dental and vision as well, so it would be better coverage than she already gets.
Within the current premium structure?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
It seems Christopher Steele has even more info that has yet to be released.

https://dailysoundandfury.com/steele...m_campaign=tti
It's pretty funny how it has been revealed how much of a personal relationship Steele had with Ivanka. Maybe that's why Trump hates him so much. Or is Trump going to deny knowing Ivanka?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:02 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Within the current premium structure?
Not sure what you're asking as there wouldn't be any premiums with M4A.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:04 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

There are premiums right now, they just have different names. Doesn't make them coming directly out of someones SS check hurt any less though.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

So about $1,000 a month extra for every retired person, wow. What's not to like.

So why would anybody want to keep their policy when they get much wider cover for free?

Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:21 pm
I love my brick!

So about $1,000 a month extra for every retired person, wow. What's not to like.
Well I assume taxes on SS income would also go up, but not by that amount.
So why would anybody want to keep their policy when they get much wider cover for free?
Because people would rather pay more for less benefits if they also have the illusion of choice. It's the American way.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

Well the average US retiree household has an income of about $48,000, so if we assume 2 that is a benefit of about 50%, they already of course pay taxes so not sure how much extra could be raised.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

What happens to the current Medicare trust fund?
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
It's pretty funny how it has been revealed how much of a personal relationship Steele had with Ivanka. Maybe that's why Trump hates him so much. Or is Trump going to deny knowing Ivanka?
I'm going to posit there's more to the Ivanka - Steele story than we currently know.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:40 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
What happens to the current Medicare trust fund?
My understanding is that it would be rolled into a new universal trust fund that would pay for all the current and additional healthcare programs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.