Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:27 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I came here legally and it was a tedious, expensive process. Mexican laborers don't have that option. Anyone who is willing to face the many risks and hurdles of coming here illegally as a laborer deserves to be here, in my opinion. There's no equivalency here.
I'm not for open borders. Take a look at what's happened in Europe. There should be a program based on supply on demand and it should be enforced, So many farm laborers needed, domestic, housekeeping etc. The children of illegals become a liability on the State in that they must receive an education, medical attention, hospitalization and so on. We pay for it all since financially they're not able to

If a labourer wants to take the short cut to getting in here then he/she should be obliged to sign an agreement that any dependents must remain in Mexico. Many women who are expecting come in illegally so that their kids can be born here. It's not just people from Mexico. The visiting Chinese are into getting their kids born here big time.

I dont believe the Dems give a monkeys about caring for these kids. The burden fall on the individual States and Counties and of course taxpayers. The Dems see them as future voters for the party, the GOP see them as cheap labour which can be used to undermine labour unions and decent living wages.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:38 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Written by a U.S. citizen who is a Brit expat..hits the nail on the head about the ridiculous length of our election process.

Let’s Make 2016 the Last Endless American Election - The Daily Beast
The Yanks love it and after all it does seem part Vegas, part Barnum and Bailey and part Hollywood
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
The Yanks love it and after all it does seem part Vegas, part Barnum and Bailey and part Hollywood
I'm not sure most of them do.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 9:09 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, maybe it spurred the democratic machine to try harder.

Will be interesting to see how Trump shamelessly walks back his recent praise of the FBI ..
Trump didn't mention it at his rally. This actually makes sense. His (cult members) followers seem to only believe what he tells them and do not rely on anything resembling facts or research.

Kelly Anne Conway (Republican D-lister, about to be unemployed and unemployable) is saying that it doesn't matter, Hillary is still a liar and a criminal.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 9:30 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I like and welcome immigrants of any color or culture who come here the legal way just as I did and as my sister and her family did.
Well, Melania Trump didn't do that. Yet you don't care.

You keep spinning in circles. You say that you dislike illegal immigration as you defend the actions of an illegal immigrant.

The only reasonable conclusion, given your remarks, is that you relate to her because she is European instead of something else.

She has light skin and came here on an airplane with a tourist visa obtained under false pretenses instead of being hidden in the back of a truck (and probably paying less for the airline ticket than what would have been paid to a coyote.) She posed for pictures instead of toiling as a housekeeper or childcare worker. I suppose that makes Melania Trump a better person, right?

Last edited by RoadWarriorFromLP; Nov 6th 2016 at 9:39 am.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 9:34 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Stop embarrassing yourself. Do you have some uncontrollable compulsion to look like a child?
Boiler suffers from an acute case of Right Wing JPG Syndrome. It's a common affliction, and there seems to be no cure.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I came here legally and it was a tedious, expensive process. Mexican laborers don't have that option. Anyone who is willing to face the many risks and hurdles of coming here illegally as a laborer deserves to be here, in my opinion. There's no equivalency here.
It is so hard to understand the logic of the various arguments for or against the border situation.

1.If you say they deserve to be here, then why not bring in 10 or 20 or 30 million more ?

2.Of do they only deserve to be here if they suffered crossing the border ?

( I only ask from a policy perspective as I find the logic expressed in your post beyond my understanding. On a personal level I help a quite a few local illegals doing translation for them, most are hard-working decent people, but at least around here, they do drive down wages.)
Old Nov 6th 2016, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Va. Gov. Pardoned 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election | The Daily Caller
This is all a bit puzzling! I presume that this mass pardoning of felons is legal - in which case no American can ever rely on "the law" to protect him. I also presume that this will swing this State's electors onto Hillary's side. What a staggering abuse of power! Do all Hillary supporters in this forum approve of the action?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
It is so hard to understand the logic of the various arguments for or against the border situation.

1.If you say they deserve to be here, then why not bring in 10 or 20 or 30 million more ?

2.Of do they only deserve to be here if they suffered crossing the border ?

( I only ask from a policy perspective as I find the logic expressed in your post beyond my understanding. On a personal level I help a quite a few local illegals doing translation for them, most are hard-working decent people, but at least around here, they do drive down wages.)
The correct answer is that we need a functioning legal system that allows for cheap immigrant labor. It's already going on anyway, why not regulate it?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not for open borders. Take a look at what's happened in Europe. There should be a program based on supply on demand and it should be enforced, So many farm laborers needed, domestic, housekeeping etc. The children of illegals become a liability on the State in that they must receive an education, medical attention, hospitalization and so on. We pay for it all since financially they're not able to

If a labourer wants to take the short cut to getting in here then he/she should be obliged to sign an agreement that any dependents must remain in Mexico. Many women who are expecting come in illegally so that their kids can be born here. It's not just people from Mexico. The visiting Chinese are into getting their kids born here big time.

I dont believe the Dems give a monkeys about caring for these kids. The burden fall on the individual States and Counties and of course taxpayers. The Dems see them as future voters for the party, the GOP see them as cheap labour which can be used to undermine labour unions and decent living wages.
You point out that both sides have tolerated this immigration situation which doesn't make sense. The immigration policy should be determined by what is best for the country or not regardless of bind opposition to or for immigration.

If the illegals are a benefit, then why not bring in more or just open the borders so they don't have to suffer so much crossing the border ?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:10 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
This is all a bit puzzling! I presume that this mass pardoning of felons is legal - in which case no American can ever rely on "the law" to protect him. I also presume that this will swing this State's electors onto Hillary's side. What a staggering abuse of power! Do all Hillary supporters in this forum approve of the action?
The article seems to refer to two different actions - "pardoning" and "restoring the voting right" of felons. I'm guessing one person wrote the text, and another composed the headline ... ? Unfortunately this type of website seems to have low editorial standards.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:17 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

They weren't pardoned - they had their voting rights restored on full completion of their sentence, including parole.

The vast majority of US states allow ex-felons to vote. Why would it be a "staggering abuse of power" for Virginia to join those states? In fact, Virginia remains one of the more difficult states for convicted felons to regain their right to vote. In Maine and Vermont, there is no loss of rights - felons can vote during their prison sentence.

So, questions for you: did you do any background research before posting this link as fact? Did you find out where the other states stood on voting rights for ex-felons, and whether or not Virginia's actions were in any way unusual when compared to the USA as a whole? Do you still think this is puzzling and an abuse of power?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
They weren't pardoned - they had their voting rights restored on full completion of their sentence, including parole.

The vast majority of US states allow ex-felons to vote. Why would it be a "staggering abuse of power" for Virginia to join those states? In fact, Virginia remains one of the more difficult states for convicted felons to regain their right to vote. In Maine and Vermont, there is no loss of rights - felons can vote during their prison sentence.

So, questions for you: did you do any background research before posting this link as fact? Did you find out where the other states stood on voting rights for ex-felons, and whether or not Virginia's actions were in any way unusual when compared to the USA as a whole? Do you still think this is puzzling and an abuse of power?
I am sure it only matters to him because Virginia is a swing state. I could only find 10 states that do not restore voting rights after completion of parol or probation. THey are the backward ones on this matter.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie
The correct answer is that we need a functioning legal system that allows for cheap immigrant labor. It's already going on anyway, why not regulate it?
I agree we need to regulate this situation. The illegal aliens are as a result of lack of control of the borders, no regulation will solve the problem unless the border is controlled. And some degree of common sense regarding illegals already here. The reason Reagan's amnesty didn't work is the problem of the borders wasn't solved.

I disagree about cheap immigrant labor. Importing more lower skilled/educated workers in the 21st century keeps pressure on real low wages of the lesser skilled people in the country, whether legal or not. And with benefits offered, and now the additional ones Clinton wishes, the cost of all this is putting a strain on the budgets of the state and local governments. And distorts the economy. How on earth can it be beneficial to increase the number of lower skilled workers or lesser educated workers in an era where innovation and productivity are necessary to compete in the world ?

The illegals here aren't going to be shipped back, so why not cut back legal and illegal immigration of newcomers, and let those here apply for temporary , then permanent residency- with reasonable criteria- over say 10 years.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why shouldn't someone who paid the price of their crime not be allowed to vote ?

I don't understand how someone being allowed to vote means " no American can rely on the law". It is a crazy system how felons who have completed their sentence are treated - they face discrimination in employment and housing, no wonder so many end up back in prison, or have to live "off the grid" just to survive.

I think Hilary will win by an electoral landslide, so wont matter anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.