Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Nov 4th 2016, 2:35 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by morpeth
Well from my own observation when I lived and worked in a wealthy part of the Bay Area most people who were doing well acted no differently in minimizing their tax bill or not contributing what they could easily afford to the well off, often living just several blocks from them- so perhaps I am not as offended by Trump as I should be- he is more obnoxious personally, but he doesn't seem much different in minimizing his taxes or not helping the poor than what I saw in the Bay Area.
You really know how "most people" filed their taxes and what deductions they claimed? I've lived in the Bay Area for almost 12 years and I haven't a clue what anyone other than myself puts on their tax forms
Old Nov 4th 2016, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I'm not answering your question because I'm not talking about taking legal deductions to minimise taxes.

I'm talking about pretending your income is minimal while funnelling cash through your foundation. I'm talking about listing other people's losses as your own...
I assume he has good tax lawyers and on the surface his use of the tax code is legal- but my impression is the foundation is a bit dodgy and maybe deserves more scrutiny.

The huge tax loss I do find very curious, not that he carried-it forward, but what was original basis and why not affected by the bankruptcy ?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
And also...

No we don't, as I already explained. I have never claimed a charitable donation as a tax deduction in my life, and have no intention of ever doing so. The hundreds of $$$ I spent while fostering rescue dogs, the hundreds of $$$ I spent cooking food for a homeless shelter, the hundreds of $$$ of car we gave away to benefit homeless outreach... none of it has ever been mentioned on my tax return, even though it could have been. I don't need or want to reduce my tax burden.

Even if that were true, he's the one who's running for president. He's the one who's setting himself up as the morally superior candidate. How likely do you think it is that he'll change the tax code from which he has so stunningly benefited?

Of course, we do know the changes he'll make to the tax code... and guess what? The biggest cuts go to the richest people. Quelle surprise.
My compliments on your activities, and I am impressed you don't want to reduce your tax burden. I don't claim a lot of expenses for some similar activities helping the unfortunate but mainly because I am too lazy to keep the receipts, and usually I just help people directly. ( If I see a VET at the interstate on ramp, hungry and desperate to get to VA - almost weekly I see this- I would feel kind of funny trying to deduct giving him a meal and my time calling VA etc to try to find way to help him get to VA).

My impression is Trump's "tax plan" was first adopted primarily because he thought a good sales pitch. Then later the justification for it developed.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:00 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

My impression is Trump's "tax plan" was first adopted primarily because he thought a good sales pitch.
I'm pretty sure that's how most of his plans were developed
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wintersong
You really know how "most people" filed their taxes and what deductions they claimed? I've lived in the Bay Area for almost 12 years and I haven't a clue what anyone other than myself puts on their tax forms
From anecdotal evidence of conversations I never remember hearing anyone saying they would not take a tax deduction or credit because they felt they should pay more taxes. Often I heard even middle income people say they would start paying someone to do their taxes so they could get every deduction or credit available.

I did though have a close relationship with a CPA firm through my work, and worked with them structuring corporate entities and taxes for my boss. We often spoke about methods the wealthy and better off used in the area where they had clients. In 10 years of conversations they never indicated they ever had a client who wanted to pay more taxes, or would avoid taking a legitimate deduction so they would pay their "fair share", though sometimes a client of theirs might avoid a tax strategy that might generate an audit.

Generally my impression was in the area I was in was that the wealthy and better-off certainly didn't show the concern for the poor or the working class as much as I see in the area of the Midwest I am currently in. It maybe because there is less segregation between the economic classes here.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:17 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

From anecdotal evidence of conversations I never remember hearing anyone saying they would not take a tax deduction or credit because they felt they should pay more taxes. Often I heard even middle income people say they would start paying someone to do their taxes so they could get every deduction or credit available.

I did though have a close relationship with a CPA firm through my work, and worked with them structuring corporate entities and taxes for my boss. We often spoke about methods the wealthy and better off used in the area where they had clients. In 10 years of conversations they never indicated they ever had a client who wanted to pay more taxes, or would avoid taking a legitimate deduction so they would pay their "fair share", though sometimes a client of theirs might avoid a tax strategy that might generate an audit.

Generally my impression was in the area I was in was that the wealthy and better-off certainly didn't show the concern for the poor or the working class as much as I see in the area of the Midwest I am currently in. It maybe because there is less segregation between the economic classes here.
I'm clearly having all the wrong conversations with my friends.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Trump's accountant wouldn't even sign off a proper mltn letter.

In other news, looks like evidence has been found proving Melania worked before her visa came through.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:33 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

So what's the big deal over Melania working without a visa? There are probably a few million working without visas and Hillary wants to give them an easy passage to legalization and citizenship.

Although I'm a dyed in the wool Democrat and have already voted for Hillary I'm dead against people crossing the border, breaking the law by working and staying illegally then qualifying for amnesty.

My sister in England had to wait ten long years before she finally got her Green Card
Old Nov 4th 2016, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Well the whole thing with Trump wanting Americans to get the jobs (except when he hires Polish laborers to build his buildings with Chinese steel or Bangladesh factories to make his suits). A bit hypocritical.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 11:15 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
So what's the big deal over Melania working without a visa?
I'm dead against people crossing the border, breaking the law by working and staying illegally then qualifying for amnesty.
You have a remarkable talent for being inconsistent.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
She had no proof that her story is true and Trump has denied her claims
Clinton supporters had seized on the story as a possible knock out blow
Except the Clinton campaign wouldn't touch this one with a bargepole. And the media organizations that did look at it never published anything because there was nothing to substantiate it.

So what's the big deal over Melania working without a visa? There are probably a few million working without visas and Hillary wants to give them an easy passage to legalization and citizenship.
The "big deal" is that, if true, it's more evidence as to what a hypocrite Trump is.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 5:42 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Except the Clinton campaign wouldn't touch this one with a bargepole. And the media organizations that did look at it never published anything because there was nothing to substantiate it.

That's exactly right. The media barely covered this story and Clinton herself never mentioned it ... not even once. Which shows a stark contrast between Mrs. Clinton and that orange monster.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 8:26 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
You have a remarkable talent for being inconsistent.
I don't see Melania working without a visa while doing a little modeling is worth even mentioning.
While I was waiting for my green card I had a part time job. The day I received it the INS official asked me if I was employed. I answered yes and he was quite happy that I did have a job instead of becoming an instant liability on the welfare system
Old Nov 5th 2016, 12:30 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see Melania working without a visa while doing a little modeling is worth even mentioning.
It's pretty obvious that she didn't obey the law, and it's easy to guess that she knew that she was violating the law.

Previously, you claimed that you are "dead against people crossing the border, breaking the law by working and staying illegally then qualifying for amnesty." So you should be dead against Melania Trump, yet you aren't. I can only presume that you're giving her a pass because she isn't Mexican.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 2:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
It's pretty obvious that she didn't obey the law, and it's easy to guess that she knew that she was violating the law.

Previously, you claimed that you are "dead against people crossing the border, breaking the law by working and staying illegally then qualifying for amnesty." So you should be dead against Melania Trump, yet you aren't. I can only presume that you're giving her a pass because she isn't Mexican.
Not true. Point I'm making is that Hillary and the Dems don't seem to see anything wrong with thousands of illegals living and working here. Hasn't been a mention about them the whole time in their campaign yet when they found out about Melania then the uproar began. Hypocritical comes to mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.