2016 Election

Old Jul 26th 2015, 8:17 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Along those lines, I suspect that her polling numbers will get worse before they get better. The media pundits will make a big deal about it, but it doesn't much much for now. If she can't recover during early to mid-2016 or so, then that's when she'll need to start worrying.
Amazingly that is still a whole YEAR away from now .

I wonder how long it will take to lose our first GOP candidate.
Old Jul 26th 2015, 8:51 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Amazingly that is still a whole YEAR away from now .
One of the unintended consequences of the electoral college. The importance of backwaters such as Iowa and New Hampshire is something to behold (and makes for some rather lengthy and costly campaigns.)
Old Jul 27th 2015, 12:28 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like Iron Mike Huckabee is going for the Trump method of getting press attention by saying the most batshit thing he can think of.

Huckabee Israel 'oven' comments trigger row - BBC News

Allusions to the Holocaust is a surefire way to win the Jewish vote.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 3:58 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
It looks like Iron Mike Huckabee is going for the Trump method of getting press attention by saying the most batshit thing he can think of.

The evangelical obsession with Israel has always been weird; hardly a vote winner is it?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ricky_85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether or not he believes it, the comment is nonetheless a hyperbole. It is very common in Presidential Campaigns. So we shouldn't be surprised too much about the tone. This kind of dialogue happens on both sides.

If people like to mind about this issue, they should instead concentrate their efforts to think about the fact that Iran is gonna be able to buy ballistic missiles and other conventional weapons in a few years. And, more importantly, this agreement secures Iran to indeed have a nuclear weapon, at the end of said agreement, if not earlier. And to keep open thousands of nuclear centrifuges and, finally, Iran have the say whether or not to allow foreigners for nuclear inspections (they may decide even after almost a month).

But I understand that everyone, even Presidents of the United States, have to have something on their resumes
Old Jul 27th 2015, 1:45 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ricky_85
Whether or not he believes it, the comment is nonetheless a hyperbole. It is very common in Presidential Campaigns. So we shouldn't be surprised too much about the tone. This kind of dialogue happens on both sides.

If people like to mind about this issue, they should instead concentrate their efforts to think about the fact that Iran is gonna be able to buy ballistic missiles and other conventional weapons in a few years. And, more importantly, this agreement secures Iran to indeed have a nuclear weapon, at the end of said agreement, if not earlier. And to keep open thousands of nuclear centrifuges and, finally, Iran have the say whether or not to allow foreigners for nuclear inspections (they may decide even after almost a month).

But I understand that everyone, even Presidents of the United States, have to have something on their resumes
Thanks for letting me know that politicians use hyperbole. That makes things a lot better.

Can you let me know where it says in the agreement all these things about Iran being able to buy ballistic missiles and not allowing foreign inspections. I can't be bothered to read the whole thing. Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for letting me know that politicians use hyperbole. That makes things a lot better.

Can you let me know where it says in the agreement all these things about Iran being able to buy ballistic missiles and not allowing foreign inspections. I can't be bothered to read the whole thing. Thanks.

I can't. We don't have access to the agreement, per se... Only people in Congress or the UN can, so I'm not able to tell you in which paragraph these data are stated.

Nonetheless, all the info I said is found in every major news outlet.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 4:57 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for letting me know that politicians use hyperbole.
I believe that he's trying to claim that both political parties do the same, even though there is a notable lack of evidence to support that contention.

At this point in American political history, the nutjobs skew heavily to the Republican side of the aisle. They are not equally distributed, not by a long shot.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 5:11 pm
I love my brick!

I can't. We don't have access to the agreement, per se... Only people in Congress or the UN can, so I'm not able to tell you in which paragraph these data are stated.

Strange, as I've checked a couple of major news outlets and they don't seem to say what you do.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-iran-us.html

6 Things You Should Know About The Iran Nuclear Deal : The Two-Way : NPR
Old Jul 27th 2015, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Strange, as I've checked a couple of major news outlets and they don't seem to say what you do.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-iran-us.html

6 Things You Should Know About The Iran Nuclear Deal : The Two-Way : NPR
Your first link does state that the enrichment capability, research and development is limited for 15 years.

Overall, it has been a bad deal, from my humble perspective. Obama just wanted to have something on his resume and he has taken whatever they have thrown at him.
It's a bad deal because what they agreed on is that in the near future Iran is indeed allowed to develop atomic bombs.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

A rather more nuanced viewpoint than Ricky_85's:

Making the world a bit safer | The Economist

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jul 27th 2015 at 6:02 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 6:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Obama just wanted to have something on his resume ...
Why would he need to 'just' do that at this stage? He's got a little over a year left of his final term, his resumé won't need padding now.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

FULL TEXT: Iran deal - POLITICO
Unless it is some made-up version?

You probably want to update your meaning of "every".

Anyhow, I'll point out how this bit is not quite right:
Iran have the say whether or not to allow foreigners for nuclear inspections (they may decide even after almost a month)

The actual document says this:
67. Iran will increase the number of designated IAEA inspectors to the range of 130-150 within 9 months from the date of the implementation of the JCPOA, and will generally allow the designation of inspectors from nations that have diplomatic relations with Iran, consistent with its laws and regulations.

The "almost a month" thing I can't really work out, unless it is a misinterpretation of this:

78. If the absence of undeclared nuclear materials and activities or activities inconsistent
with the JCPOA cannot be verified after the implementation of the alternative
arrangements agreed by Iran and the IAEA, or if the two sides are unable to reach
satisfactory arrangements to verify the absence of undeclared nuclear materials and
activities or activities inconsistent with the JCPOA at the specified locations within 14
days of the IAEA’s original request for access, Iran, in consultation with the members of
the Joint Commission, would resolve the IAEA’s concerns through necessary means
agreed between Iran and the IAEA. In the absence of an agreement, the members of
the Joint Commission, by consensus or by a vote of 5 or more of its 8 members, would
advise on the necessary means to resolve the IAEA's concerns. The process of
consultation with, and any action by, the members of the Joint Commission would not
exceed 7 days, and Iran would implement the necessary means within 3 additional
days.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 6:15 pm
I love my brick!

Your first link does state that the enrichment capability, research and development is limited for 15 years.

Overall, it has been a bad deal, from my humble perspective. Obama just wanted to have something on his resume and he has taken whatever they have thrown at him.
It's a bad deal because what they agreed on is that in the near future Iran is indeed allowed to develop atomic bombs.
Because of course there won't be any more negotiations or other changes in the next 15 years. That never happens does it. How long would be long enough to satisfy you? 25 years? 100 years?

You do realise that these negotiotions have been going on for several years and don't just involve the US and Iran. I doubt the Chinese or Russians considered Obama's legacy when they agreed to this.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Because of course there won't be any more negotiations or other changes in the next 15 years. That never happens does it. How long would be long enough to satisfy you? 25 years? 100 years?

You do realise that these negotiotions have been going on for several years and don't just involve the US and Iran. I doubt the Chinese or Russians considered Obama's legacy when they agreed to this.
Or France, Germany and the UK. Apparently this whole negotiation thing wasn't just Obama sitting at a table face to face with the Ayatollah. There was actual negotiation as opposed to just sitting there saying "no" all the time, which is something missing from Congress these days.

The Iranian people are actually very moderate and well educated. Perhaps even more so than most Americans. Yes the outward face of shouting Ayatollahs and foaming at the mouth about the great satan is all very showy and sounds bad. Open up the country a bit, get some American companies in there selling stuff and the political base will shift gradually.

Iran could potentially be a huge ally in the region, to bomb it into submission or even threaten to do so would on the otherhand really mess things up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.