Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Philk
Big excitement in our office in Grand Rapids, MI today - Hillary is visiting our office
Commiserations.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Geez. Last time I bought a car I had to prove I had insurance and a license and then I had to register the car with the local government.
This hits on the essence of the 'common sense' discussion of guns. If it's ok to require a car owner to take a test and maintain a license, and insurance, why not the same for gun owners. Having gun owners demonstrate that they know how to safely store and handle a gun would definitely save some lives (2 year olds who pick up guns from their mothers or in the home and shoot them!).
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steerpike
This hits on the essence of the 'common sense' discussion of guns. If it's ok to require a car owner to take a test and maintain a license, and insurance, why not the same for gun owners. Having gun owners demonstrate that they know how to safely store and handle a gun would definitely save some lives (2 year olds who pick up guns from their mothers or in the home and shoot them!).
You do not have to take a test to own a car

You do not need a license to own a car

You do not need insurance to own a car

Otherwise spot on.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Otherwise spot on.
Like a politician, you are splitting hairs.

Yes, I can OWN a car and put it in the garage and not maintain a license or insurance. But if I want to OPERATE a car on public roads, then all the above apply. I guess you could further split hairs and say I don't need insurance; I know that some states allow a declaration of financial responsibility to take the place of insurance. But really, the point is simple and I think you know what that is.
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Boiler will have the popcorn ready for this one...

Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Otherwise spot on.
But you those to drive one. His points are totally valid. Use your head for once.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I'm sure Boiler will have the popcorn ready for this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e6gLht6OQ
That clown is seriously disturbed.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Like a politician, you are splitting hairs.

Yes, I can OWN a car and put it in the garage and not maintain a license or insurance. But if I want to OPERATE a car on public roads, then all the above apply. I guess you could further split hairs and say I don't need insurance; I know that some states allow a declaration of financial responsibility to take the place of insurance. But really, the point is simple and I think you know what that is.
If operating a gun on a public highway is such an issue, did not realise it was, then I would agree with you.

Actually there are other exemptions, Backhoe for example, well in my State anyway.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If operating a gun on a public highway is such an issue, did not realise it was, then I would agree with you.

Actually there are other exemptions, Backhoe for example, well in my State anyway.
I have come to the conclusion that you lack any degree of common sense. I had a more severe comment in mind but decided to be more generous.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:00 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Couple of thoughts.

I thought the gun conversation was riveting and they both dug in.

This is the most I've seen Clinton pressed so much on Bill's record from the 90s - both from Sanders and the moderators/questioners. I'm not convinced that's actually fair but I'm surprised it's taken this long.
I have to disagree with you there. Hillary has been trying to claim the good parts of Bill's record as her own, so she has to own the bad parts as well.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dakota44
I have come to the conclusion that you lack any degree of common sense. I had a more severe comment in mind but decided to be more generous.
Always helps to be able to do simple reasoning. It is not that complicated, try it some time.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
He's a classic troll. It really is too bad that this thread doesn't have anyone capable of making cogent conservative arguments.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
He's a classic troll. It really is too bad that this thread doesn't have anyone capable of making cogent conservative arguments.
You drove off the only Conservative on this thread, remember?
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Does such a thing exist?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I have to disagree with you there. Hillary has been trying to claim the good parts of Bill's record as her own, so she has to own the bad parts as well.
Maybe in general, but that's not what happened in the debate. Clinton only resorted to talking about the 90's when she was confronted with her husband's actions:- "If we're going to talk about the '90's, then we have to look at the positives as well...".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.