Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
Does such a thing exist?
Yes, it does. Instead we get a troll and a guy who flounces off when his opinions are challenged.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Always helps to be able to do simple reasoning. It is not that complicated, try it some time.
You use nothing remotely resembling simple reasoning. You use the arguments I would expect of a mentally deficient defendent of that which is undefendable.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

These stupid criticisms leveled about "automatic" vs "semi automatic" seriously piss me off. I never used full auto on my M16 in the military for a few reasons...one was that firing full auto at an enemy was usually a waste of ammo, which you carried in limited supply. Two, I could, if needed, fire almost as quickly on semi auto. Three, we were actually taught to fire in only 3 shot bursts maximum due to the problem of the magnesium barrel warping when overheated..and that thing would get brutal hot on full auto. The point being...semi auto is still the same seriously deadly weapon that has no business in the hands of civilians. It has no purpose other than killing people.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:28 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Maybe in general, but that's not what happened in the debate. Clinton only resorted to talking about the 90's when she was confronted with her husband's actions:- "If we're going to talk about the '90's, then we have to look at the positives as well...".
If she's using her time as First Lady as part of her record, she has to be able to defend that record surely.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

If she's using her time as First Lady as part of her record, she has to be able to defend that record surely.
Sure. But her record is not her husband's record. So any opinions she posited back then are fair game, as is legislation that she was actively involved in (e.g. her attempts to get healthcare reform passed), but legislation over which she had no direct influence isn't.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Mar 7th 2016 at 5:36 am.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

It is being alleged that Mitt Romney has filed papers to run...

Mitt Romney Recently Filed Papers With FEC To Run For President, Names Paul Ryan As His Vice President
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:52 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. But her record is not her husband's record. So any opinions she posited back then are fair game, but legislation over which she had not direct influence isn't.
Firstly, Hillary has already said that Bill will be one of her advisers, so his record is therefore fair game.

Second, she's invoked Bill's economic success on countless occasions, so again you've got to take the bad as well as the good.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/23/us...ic-legacy.html
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Firstly, Hillary has already said that Bill will be one of her advisers, so his record is therefore fair game.
it's fair game in the context of who she selects as an advisor. But I don't think it's fair game in the manner in which Sanders is trying to invoke it. For example, in last night's debate, Sanders droned on about bank deregulation at the end of Clinton's second term. The way he phrased it, you'd think it was (Hillary) Clinton that signed that legislation. Like Leslie, that feels to me like Hillary is being held to a different standard than other candidates.

Second, she's invoked Bill's economic success on countless occasions, so again you've got to take the bad as well as the good.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/23/us...ic-legacy.html
I'm not sure... it feels more like she's "embraced" it in the sense of contrasting Democratic policies with the mess that was the Bush adminsitration policies. That was especially true in '08.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:21 am
I love my brick!

it's fair game in the context of who she selects as an advisor. But I don't think it's fair game in the manner in which Sanders is trying to invoke it. For example, in last night's debate, Sanders droned on about bank deregulation at the end of Clinton's second term. The way he phrased it, you'd think it was (Hillary) Clinton that signed that legislation. Like Leslie, that feels to me like Hillary is being held to a different standard than other candidates.
Perhaps that was unfair, but Clinton claimed Sanders voted against the auto bailout, which is disingenuous at best. I don't think Clinton is being held to a different standard. Both of them are trying to spin everything to their own advantage, this is politics after all.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Who is the most likely pick for VP for Clinton? Would Elizabeth Warren even consider it?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Who is the most likely pick for VP for Clinton? Would Elizabeth Warren even consider it?
Watch for Cory Booker.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anian
I don't think so. Not sure a 2 woman ticket would fly either.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:41 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Leslie
Watch for Cory Booker.
Good call, got to cover the demographics.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Good call, got to cover the demographics.
I've heard his name thrown around a bit. He would easily beat Christie in a NJ popularity contest. Alternatively I've heard of some Texas based guys who could potentially bring in those electoral votes. Julián Castro, had to look his name up.

Last edited by sir_eccles; Mar 7th 2016 at 6:58 am.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Watch for Cory Booker.
I've met him...very nice guy. I hope one day he will run for President.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.