2016 Election

Old Feb 6th 2016, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Leslie
I have gained a tolerance for politicians "evolving" on issues because I have vacillated over the years, sometimes on profound matters. So, I think that if Hillary pivoted away from the "pro" death penalty position, it would be understandable. Why, at this moment
in history, does she go hard right and continue to support something as barbaric as the death penalty?
It's odd because clearly the momentum is away from the death penalty even in Republican states. The federal v state thing just seems a weird distinction for her to make.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 1:44 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It's odd because clearly the momentum is away from the death penalty even in Republican states. The federal v state thing just seems a weird distinction for her to make.
Quite strange. It struck me at the time, the federal thing, and I filed it away. The whole pro-death penalty stance was jarring. They're about to replay the debate on MSNBC. I may not watch it all tonight but I'll record it because I need another look.

Last edited by Leslie; Feb 6th 2016 at 1:48 am.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 1:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Ahh, just hoping it was something else.

Presumably not if a gun is involved? Electrocution?
That's a legitimate question. How do the Fed kill their prisoners? I assume that it is by lethal injection ... sometimes that doesn't work out just right though.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 2:44 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm late to the conversation between I almost fell off of my seat the other night when the commentators mentioned Hillary's pro-capital punishment stance.

As much as I really enjoy living here, I still cannot fathom how this is still an acceptable practice. I'm very surprised that Hillary would lean in that direction. I would love to see this being tackled as the next big social issue.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 2:47 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

That's a legitimate question. How do the Fed kill their prisoners? I assume that it is by lethal injection ... sometimes that doesn't work out just right though.
I commend your avoidance of Boilers actual silly point.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 2:56 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by username.exe
I'm late to the conversation between I almost fell off of my seat the other night when the commentators mentioned Hillary's pro-capital punishment stance.

As much as I really enjoy living here, I still cannot fathom how this is still an acceptable practice. I'm very surprised that Hillary would lean in that direction. I would love to see this being tackled as the next big social issue.
There are a lot of Democrats that are anti-death penalty but I don't see it as a single-issue decider.

Incidentally, I agree with you completely about the practice.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 2:57 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I commend your avoidance of Boilers actual silly point.
Whoosh . . . .
Old Feb 6th 2016, 4:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Leslie.

Method of Execution
Under the 1988 federal death penalty law, no method of execution was provided in the statute. President Bush did issue regulations in 1993 authorizing lethal injection as the method of execution. Under the 1994 law, the manner of execution will be that employed by the state in which the federal sentence is handed down. If that state does not allow the death penalty, the judge may choose another state for the carrying out of the execution.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe

Hillary is pro capital punishment for the same reason she is a hawk on foreign policy and a darling of Wallstreet: she calculated it will win her votes and establishment support. Hillary comes across as another Blair, totally self serving and unprincipled, only interested in making a name for herself.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 12:38 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

See how easy that was? You asked a question and I answered it.
You would never make it in politics.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 12:43 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Quite strange. It struck me at the time, the federal thing, and I filed it away. The whole pro-death penalty stance was jarring. They're about to replay the debate on MSNBC. I may not watch it all tonight but I'll record it because I need another look.
I assume the federal distinction is because the feds reserve the death penalty for serious stuff like terrorism, unlike certain states like Texas which will fry you for chewing gum with an open mouth.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I assume the federal distinction is because the feds reserve the death penalty for serious stuff like terrorism, unlike certain states like Texas which will fry you for chewing gum with an open mouth.
I think it's also she believes that there are more checks and balances in the federal process and you don't get the disgrace of people with minimal and often incompetent legal representation being sentenced to death, as has happened many times in... Texas.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. They certainly run a tight ship in Texas.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there is Texas and then there is Harris County Tx.

Don't mess with Texas, where law is hard, mistakes common
Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:28 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I think it's also she believes that there are more checks and balances in the federal process and you don't get the disgrace of people with minimal and often incompetent legal representation being sentenced to death, as has happened many times in... Texas.
Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Hmm. They certainly run a tight ship in Texas.
Originally Posted by CelticRover
Yes, there is Texas and then there is Harris County Tx.

Don't mess with Texas, where law is hard, mistakes common
Yes we all know that Texas is good at killing people who are strapped down and may not have actually done what they are accused of.

I get why Hillary is saying that the federal government should be able to commit murder, I just don't think this is the election where that flies. Name one program the federal government runs well. This is an anti-establishment and anti-big government election.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.