At war again?

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:52 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At war again?

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Depends what you're saving them from and what the consequences might be for everyone

Jo xxx
Nobody can predict exactly how it will pan out, but in the short term the forces have prevented a likely massacre by Gaddafis thugs, and in the long term they will hopefully at least give the Libyans enough freedom to decide their own future.
Whether or not they succeed is entirely up to them, but at least they will have been given the opportunity.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Apparently the trigger happy Yanks have excelled themselves again by shooting up a bunch of locals in safe rebel held territory whilst picking up the crew from their downed aircraft.
Friendly fire I believe they call it.
Is that why the Germans are packing up and going home? I see the couple of ships they had there they are putting under their own command and legging it. Nice to see all us Europeans united and standing as one.
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/9972.../mediterraneo/

Last edited by agoreira; Mar 23rd 2011 at 9:22 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:23 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody can predict exactly how it will pan out, but in the short term the forces have prevented a likely massacre by Gaddafis thugs, and in the long term they will hopefully at least give the Libyans enough freedom to decide their own future.
Whether or not they succeed is entirely up to them, but at least they will have been given the opportunity.

TBH there is soooooo much propaganda and rumour, that no one really knows what goes on there. It seems to me that bombing (as careful as they maybe) kills a high proportion of the "wrong" people anyway. If all goes to plan, "we" get rid of their leader, and for all his faults, he is the only leader most know of and his was the only way of life they knew and we leave them to the mercy of so called democracy - but whose democracy and how??? Ours?? As someone just posted here - democracy in the west is democratically voting in a dictator!

Jo xxx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:55 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that bombing (as careful as they maybe) kills a high proportion of the "wrong" people anyway.Jo xxx

One point. No matter how many Lybians we kill in this incident, it will be as nothing compared to how many have been murdered by Gaddafi.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post, let us hope that "the west" can assist in some form of democracy without installing a "tame" dictator as is their want.
I believe that the no fly zone is a good idea but the thought of ground troops being placed on Libyan soil would be a disaster.

Graham
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
One point. No matter how many Lybians we kill in this incident, it will be as nothing compared to how many have been murdered by Gaddafi.
The same was said about Iraq under Saddam Hussein & look how that turned out
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:10 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

The worst case scenario as I see it is, if Gaddafi survives all this some how, he is going to be pretty cross with Europe and America and I bet he would pay for and arrange more Lockerbie type attacks against us in revenge.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:14 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Isn't it a list on the back of a postage stamp?
The French have 'won' more wars in Europe than anyone else.

You must be thinking of the Eurovision contest?

Great to see all that money being fired out of a nuclear submarine when so many are on their knees financially in blighty.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius
The same was said about Iraq under Saddam Hussein & look how that turned out
There is a difference. Iraq was all based on American lies and the UK's blind, uncritical support for them. The butcher's bill was enormous, and IMO wasted as the work could have been done so much cheaper and easier with far less deaths.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:45 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
......... or may still be as a form of twisted revenge!???????!!!!! Thats the trouble. He's an unknown quantity and if the west keeps prodding him, who knows what he's capable of. At least when he's left alone the country can live as it should

Jo xxx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:54 pm
bil
Banned

[QUOTE=jojojojojo;9259132. At least when he's left alone the country can live as it should

Jo xxx[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you are kidding? The man was using anti aircraft shells against unarmed people. Have you any idea what that is like? Those things are designed to rip metal structures apart. Where one went off next to people, they would be scattered all over the road in kit form.

Let's not forget the building where people went to be tortured, and in several cases disappear, never to be seen again.

So do you really, honestly think that Gaddafi should be left alone to carry out these sorts of atrocities, because that way the country lives as it should????
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:02 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by bil
Please tell me you are kidding? The man was using anti aircraft shells against unarmed people. Have you any idea what that is like? Those things are designed to rip metal structures apart. Where one went off next to people, they would be scattered all over the road in kit form.

Let's not forget the building where people went to be tortured, and in several cases disappear, never to be seen again.

So do you really, honestly think that Gaddafi should be left alone to carry out these sorts of atrocities, because that way the country lives as it should????
No, what I'm saying is that if he's as twisted and mad as reported then he'll take out evenmore revenge and commit even more atrocities than before. I dont know enough about the situation there and I doubt any of us do, other than what we hear and read in the media. But I cant help thinking it would have been better to have attacked him more covertly and personally, to send "people" in there to assassinate him, to infiltrate from the inside ???

Jo xxx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
The worst case scenario as I see it is, if Gaddafi survives all this some how, he is going to be pretty cross with Europe and America and I bet he would pay for and arrange more Lockerbie type attacks against us in revenge.
Lockerbie was revenge for the shooting down of flight IR655 remember????

Perhaps if we didn't do this sort of thing in the first place, nobody would feel the need for revenge!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:10 pm
bil
Banned

No, what I'm saying is that if he's as twisted and mad as reported then he'll take out evenmore revenge and commit even more atrocities than before. I dont know enough about the situation there and I doubt any of us do, other than what we hear and read in the media. But I cant help thinking it would have been better to have attacked him more covertly and personally, to send "people" in there to assassinate him, to infiltrate from the inside ???

Jo xxx
Ah, sorry, I must have misunderstood. Yes, that is possible. However, one thing that gives me hope was what they showed on the news last night. One guy in Tripoli was saying the pro G demonstrations were staged, and when the camera panned back, it was clear that the pro G demo was in fact TINY.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:11 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by licinius
Lockerbie was revenge for the shooting down of flight IR655 remember????

Perhaps if we didn't do this sort of thing in the first place, nobody would feel the need for revenge!
Yep, revenge for an Iranian plane, not a Lybian one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.