At war again?

Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: At war again?

Originally Posted by betris
you dont have to win its a hands on training ground.yes its all about oil.but without oil.there would be no medicine.no plastics.no chemicals no food.no utilitys.comunications,transport the list is endless so dont knock what the armed forces are doing to preserve your way of life.show some support for our forces.
Are you sure it is worth the loss of life and political meddling? Whoever runs these oil producing nations will still want to sell the oil they are sat on as they need the income also.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:37 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=steviedeluxe;9252694]Heh - I doubt he's cowering in a bunker.
QUOTE]

Why not,
Most of these tin-pot dictators turn out to be cowards at heart.
Very noticable he's been nowhere to be seen in the two most crucial days yet.
I'll be surprised if he's still in charge a week or so from now.
However what follows is hard to predict, maybe a permanent truce and two states or maybe the forces in the East will eventually head for Tripoli if they sense an uprising in his own backyard.
In any event the UN forces shouldn't face any major problems policeing the area between the two sides, if that's the way they decide to leave it.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dick Dasterdly;9252729]
Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Heh - I doubt he's cowering in a bunker.
QUOTE]

Why not,
Most of these tin-pot dictators turn out to be cowards at heart.
Very noticable he's been nowhere to be seen in the two most crucial days yet.
I'll be surprised if he's still in charge a week or so from now.
However what follows is hard to predict, maybe a permanent truce and two states or maybe the forces in the East will eventually head for Tripoli if they sense an uprising in his own backyard.
In any event the UN forces shouldn't face any major problems policeing the area between the two sides, if that's the way they decide to leave it.
Trouble is, Gaddfi is clinically insane.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:51 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
Are you sure it is worth the loss of life and political meddling? Whoever runs these oil producing nations will still want to sell the oil they are sat on as they need the income also.
Exactly,thats why most of this talk of going to war for oil is mostly lefty claptrap.

It was said about Iraq, yet they continue to receive the income for their own oil.
It was said about Kuwait, yet the same thing applies'
It was said about the Falklands, yet nearly thirty years on whatever oil there may be has not been touched.

The two other major NATO interventions were also on humanitarian grounds as claimed, and in both cases saved many Muslims from mass slaughter,.... something that seems to have been conveniently forgotten.

If some oil producing countries continue to operate with a dictator in charge, what's the big deal regarding oil supplies ?
It all goes into the same pot at some stage, to be sold on the world market at the going rate, to whoever wants it.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:53 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Trouble is, Gaddfi is clinically insane.
Besides which, it's definitely not the safest place to be in modern air campaigns (in a bunker). He'd be safer in a tent somewhere. Surrounded by 50 of his special bodyguards of course
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:00 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Exactly,thats why most of this talk of going to war for oil is mostly lefty claptrap.

It was said about Iraq, yet they continue to receive the income for their own oil.
It was said about Kuwait, yet the same thing applies'
It was said about the Falklands, yet nearly thirty years on whatever oil there may be has not been touched.

The two other major NATO interventions were also on humanitarian grounds as claimed, and in both cases saved many Muslims from mass slaughter,.... something that seems to have been conveniently forgotten.

If some oil producing countries continue to operate with a dictator in charge, what's the big deal regarding oil supplies ?
It all goes into the same pot at some stage, to be sold on the world market at the going rate, to whoever wants it.

I seem to remember that the big business supporting the Republican gov't did very, very nicely out of the war, and that a % of the oil revenue went to American business.

Falklands, I understood that basically the Tories thought that they could be rid of the islands easily, and then realised they had made a boo boo.

What was said about Kuwait?

Not entirely leftie claptrap old boy, some of it is a pretty safe bet.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:18 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil
I seem to remember that the big business supporting the Republican gov't did very, very nicely out of the war, and that a % of the oil revenue went to American business.

Falklands, I understood that basically the Tories thought that they could be rid of the islands easily, and then realised they had made a boo boo.

What was said about Kuwait?

Not entirely leftie claptrap old boy, some of it is a pretty safe bet.
Whatever anyone got out of those campaigns, apart from the oil producing countries themselves, could in no way remotely compensate for the cost of the intervening countries involvement, and I have little doubt they would be fully aware of this before becoming involved.

Oh dear, latest news, apparently a stray bomb has landed in the vicinity of Gadaffis residence.

Now there's a coincidence.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:21 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

the rebels are going to kill gadafi and his crew.so if they could get on board a royal navel vesle or to uk i wonder if they could claim asylem and be entiteld to benifits and a counil house.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Whatever anyone got out of those campaigns, apart from the oil producing countries themselves, could in no way remotely compensate for the cost of the intervening countries involvement, and I have little doubt they would be fully aware of this before becoming involved.
Well, this is another point, can we afford it? Where to next, North Korea, Iran? We will be well broke by the time it is all finished. I doubt we can stay in these countries forever. And let's not forget who put Suddam Hussein in power in the first place. This is a point that the politicians conveniently prefer to forget.

Last edited by johnh009; Mar 20th 2011 at 8:30 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

the rebels are going to kill gadafi and his crew.so if they could get on board a royal navel vesle or to uk i wonder if they could claim asylem and be entiteld to benifits and a counil house.
May be possible. I know Suddam Hussein's daughters were living in a council house in Leeds, not far from my mother actually.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Translation.... anyone?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:38 pm
bil
Banned

Where to next, North Korea, Iran? .

Hell no, the N Koreans actually have WMDs, so no chance we would take them on.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Translation.... anyone?
You mean it's not written in Spanish?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:44 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The worrying thing is that I think... I think it was in English...
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:45 pm
bil
Banned

No, I think you'll find it's in Trollish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.