Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

translation please.

translation please.

Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:19 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default translation please.

Could someone help me translate this to English, I just cant get it to sound right. It has got me and the missus stuumped.

Nunca llovio que no parara - accent O

It never rained that never stopped (bad?)

It never rained and never stopped (doesnt mean the same, I dont think)

I dont want a proverb with the same meaning in English, I would like a translation, word for word, if possible.

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:44 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: translation please.

Never rained that won`t stopped.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:45 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Never rained that won`t stopped.
That is even worse than my translation, cheers anyway.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:48 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

It was translated by the Spaniard sat 5 ft away from me, word for word.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:50 pm
Banned

It was translated by the Spaniard sat 5 ft away from me, word for word.
I had guessed that, it makes no sense in English whatsoever
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:56 pm
Banned

Translation on its own rarely does.

Which is why its so easy to tell someone using a translation tool.

Its meaning is that the Rain will eventually stop, everything stops, eventually.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:01 pm
Banned

Translation on its own rarely does.

Which is why its so easy to tell someone using a translation tool.

Its meaning is that the Rain will eventually stop, everything stops, eventually.
Did the guy use a translation tool?

I know what it means, I have been asked for a short and sweet translation of this phrase, it should be easy to do, but I cant seem to get it right, so that it sounds good.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

There's never been rain that won't stop?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fionamw
There's never been rain that won't stop?
Just like that.......Said in a Tommy Cooper voice.

Thank you

I will send you some virtual Karma, cos I cant send the real stuff, gotta spread some around first.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:02 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Nunca llovio que no parara - accent O
I dont want a proverb with the same meaning in English, I would like a translation, word for word, if possible.

Cheers
Nunca = never, llovio = was rain, que =what, no = no (who'd have thought it!) parara = it will stop.

I know you said you don't want a proverb but I'm guessing it means: There never was rain that dont/didn't stop.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Nunca = never, llovio = was rain, que =what, no = no (who'd have thought it!) parara = it will stop.

I know you said you don't want a proverb but I'm guessing it means: There never was rain that dont/didn't stop.
Thank you, and as my curiosity has been kick started, what would an English equivalent of this proverb be?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I think "there was never rain that wouldnt stop" sounds better. Makes full use of the subjuntive

Madridboy confused the subjunctive with the future. Yes they are spelt the same, but the future tense has an accent on the final a
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:40 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Thank you, and as my curiosity has been kick started, what would an English equivalent of this proverb be?
All things pass?

Or maybe "every cloud has its silver lining" (stretching it a bit)?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
All things pass?

Or maybe "every cloud has its silver lining" (stretching it a bit)?
I think that all things pass is the one I was looking for. It means the same to me.

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2009, 2:37 pm
Banned

My Spanish friend now believes your all crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.