Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

They're all useless.

They're all useless.

Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They're all useless.

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Well not ful employment Bil, the ones who sneaked in won't have to work
Sadly, they are the ones who seem to want to work the most.

Mind you, why should we care if a section of the populace wants to sit on its arse? It isn't as tho there are the jobs for the.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Without an aircraft carrier, we had to fly off French and American carriers when we helped to bomb Libya.
We did? What aircraft were we using? Think you'll find we had to send extra land based aircraft, Tornadoes and Typhoons, based in Italy, to cover the French Rafale fighters from the carrier Charles de Gaulle, as it was too rough for them to fly a lot of the time.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:31 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Parvinder and Habib are beggars. They beg in different areas of London .

Parvinder begs just as long as Habib but only collects £2 to £3 every day.

Habib brings home a suitcase FULL of £10 notes, drives a Mercedes, lives in a mortgage-free house and has a lot of money to spend..

Parvinder says to Habib 'I work just as long and hard as you do but how do you bring home a suitcase full of £10 notes every day?'

Habib says, 'Look at your sign, what does it say'?

Parvinder's sign reads 'I have no work, a wife and 6 kids to support'.

Habib says 'No wonder you only get £2- £3

Parvinder says... 'So what does your sign say'?

Habib shows Parvinder his sign...

It reads:

'I only need another £10 to move back to Pakistan '.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:26 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you watch that program UK Border Patrol ?

Well ever one I have seen is laughable as they capture an illegal and then have to bail them to comply with the UK's PC world.

I watched one this week (most probably a couple of years old) where a lad from Lagos arrived with a snide passport.
He had a list on him of likely questions & what he should reply with.
How old are you (they asked)
Hmmm ??? (he messed it right up.)
Are you telling me that you are 15 ?
Phew thank gud for that, yes I am 15. (he was clearly in his late 20's)

To cut a long story short Social Services were called and he was placed into a foster home ........... you will never guess what happened next when they popped back to interview him again.

As long as this farce is allowed to continue (for donkeys years to date) the genuine A/Seeker ain't got a bleeding hope as they will be lumped in with the opportunists.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:22 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Just a nod to those flying back to the UK soon. I flew into London this evening, and it may just be a coincidence, but the passport control process took ages. Or the customs guys are working to rule, having had their backsides kicked by the politicos.
Also, security checks in Barajas were a lot more thorough than normal - I think people are aware that there may be terrorist plots leading up to the election. So allow a bit more time if travelling by air.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:13 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Now now bil, don't just tell us just half a story.

Unlike under Labour they were not let in with govt approval, but by certain wayward officials who took the decision without ministerial approval and are about to be hauled over the coals for their gigantic cock-up.

Big Shame eh, it could have been another great opportunity to chuck mud at them evil Tory barstewards.
Interesting to note that the head of the Border control has apparently resigned claimimg that he acted WITH governmental approval?

Put the Daily Mail down and wait till the dust settles. You might like to try the Guardian for a change?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:43 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

This shit would never have happened in Thatchers days...
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:18 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Do any of you watch that program UK Border Patrol ?

Well ever one I have seen is laughable as they capture an illegal and then have to bail them to comply with the UK's PC world.

I watched one this week (most probably a couple of years old) where a lad from Lagos arrived with a snide passport.
He had a list on him of likely questions & what he should reply with.
How old are you (they asked)
Hmmm ??? (he messed it right up.)
Are you telling me that you are 15 ?
Phew thank gud for that, yes I am 15. (he was clearly in his late 20's)

To cut a long story short Social Services were called and he was placed into a foster home ........... you will never guess what happened next when they popped back to interview him again.

As long as this farce is allowed to continue (for donkeys years to date) the genuine A/Seeker ain't got a bleeding hope as they will be lumped in with the opportunists.
is there such a thing as a genuine Asylum Seeker ?
the rules say that when claiming Asylum you must make that claim as soon as you arrive at the first safe country.
So why do they travel across 4 or 5 EU states to get to UK, before eventually claiming Asylum !!

When we try to deport them, for reasons varied that seem reasonable to me, they suddenly announce they would be subject to torture in their home country for reasons varied, and cannot be returned for that one reason. Even though that country isnt known for torture etc.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:23 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
the rules say that when claiming Asylum you must make that claim as soon as you arrive at the first safe country.
So why do they travel across 4 or 5 EU states to get to UK, before eventually claiming Asylum !!

When we try to deport them, for reasons varied that seem reasonable to me, they suddenly announce they would be subject to torture in their home country for reasons varied, and cannot be returned for that one reason. Even though that country isnt known for torture etc.
When you see the risks some of these people take to get into the uK, you have to admire their guts.

I do agree tho, that immigrant rules have been stupidly soft all these years, and it's scant wonder that people in the UK get pissed off over the way they are treated in comparison to said immigrants.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:26 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Look this is a common smear.
If I was persecuted in the UK, or a volcano erupted forcing me to flee, the last place I'd head to would be France. For language purposes it would be Spain or Germany (ok, Ireland would be a possibility too). Alternatively South Africa would be a possibility.
There is no way the UK should have turned away refugees from Iraq, Afghanistan or even Zimbabwe. Because, you know, the UK had a hand in determining how the situation developed in those countries.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
This shit would never have happened in Thatchers days...
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:28 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Look this is a common smear.
If I was persecuted in the UK, or a volcano erupted forcing me to flee, the last place I'd head to would be France. For language purposes it would be Spain or Germany (ok, Ireland would be a possibility too). Alternatively South Africa would be a possibility.
There is no way the UK should have turned away refugees from Iraq, Afghanistan or even Zimbabwe. Because, you know, the UK had a hand in determining how the situation developed in those countries.
what is a common smear ?
that people come here under visitors visa then go missing for 10 years, get caught so claim asylum, have a girlfriend and a cat, have got to stay. Are member of some obscure sect that claims it is persecuted, cannot be returned in case someone shouts at them.
I have no problem with people who go to the UK or any other country if they wish to seek asylum. But obey the rules not be allowed to break them and then get a carte blanche.

Refugees are different to Asylum Seekers and have different rules. So many are illegal.

And please remember that I have been to places like South Africa in the middle of apartheid, Aden before it became "civilised", Thailand, Singapore and Malaya during the Indonesia conflict. And the Philipines was like the wild wild west. Even some of the areas of the Key West area of Florida werent the sort of place for a white to be in daylight letalone the night.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It wouldn't.... you know it wouldn't.... she would have had them flailed alive and slow roasted over a coal fire for her to eat at her leisure.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:36 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good point,if they can merrily travel through a whole host of EU countries at any one of which they might be expected to claim asylum if they're as desperate as they claim, it's strange it only crosses their mind after reaching the UK.

Hallelujah, its just been announced that our lads are allowed to wear poppies on their football shirts.
Maybe now someone will give Septic Bladder a few history lessons.

Correction, they're only allowed on their black armbands.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Nov 9th 2011 at 4:40 pm. Reason: add on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.