Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tell me what's really different.

Tell me what's really different.

Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:30 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me what's really different.

One thing the British are good at is putting themselves down...do the ones who do it eg. on here,think they are "different" from the rest of the Brits?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

dios41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Shall we run a book on who he was before.
Sorry is that RETIRED or retard? I'm after differences between Brits and Spanish and nothing else, I didn't want to insult anyone, but seeing as you obviously don't mind, Check out the initial thread subject again.

I just wanted to start a thread to find out exactly what people feel are the difference between British and Spanish people. Whether it be a big or small difference, please feel free to join in and let us know.

And it's Shall we run a book on what he was before? because who is me, and strangely enough I've always been me.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Buenas noches, bona nit, good night. And thanks to all of those who left sensible feedback.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:40 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
One thing the British are good at is putting themselves down...do the ones who do it eg. on here,think they are "different" from the rest of the Brits?
Plenty of other nations do this as well. You really do think Brits are a race apart don't you? The reality is there is good and bad in all countries. For example in England Yorkshire has the nice people, the nasty lot live in Surrey!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Lee?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dios41
Sorry is that RETIRED or retard .
How rude, especially as he is a MEMBER !!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:04 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not so much a reply about the people but more about obtaining qualifications.....how easy is it to get a qualification in pretty much anything over here compared to the UK!
One of my apprenticies was telling me how he's going to study to become a doctor. If I said this boy had poca luces it would be an understatement......more like sin bombilla. I suggested to him that this might be a difficult thing to learn and he went on to tell me how easy and quick (4 years) it is (mentioning on how it used to be much harder but is easy now) which is not a very comforting thing to think that this boy could be my future quack.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

siesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nice

He obviously doesn't have muchas luces. Medicina is one of the hardest degrees, and it is SIX years, not four.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Sorry is that RETIRED or retard? I'm after differences between Brits and Spanish and nothing else, I didn't want to insult anyone, but seeing as you obviously don't mind, Check out the initial thread subject again.

I just wanted to start a thread to find out exactly what people feel are the difference between British and Spanish people. Whether it be a big or small difference, please feel free to join in and let us know.

And it's Shall we run a book on what he was before? because who is me, and strangely enough I've always been me.
Don't worry mate, there are a few retardy cliques with a few hundred thousand posts between them, unfortunately not too many brain cells to rub together.
I tend to lurk so as to avoid engaging with them on a regular basis. Your thread is of course valid and has produced some interesting ideas.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:01 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it didn’t take long for the truth to out, even in cyber space.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by goaty
Don't worry mate, there are a few retardy cliques with a few hundred thousand posts between them, unfortunately not too many brain cells to rub together.
I tend to lurk so as to avoid engaging with them on a regular basis. Your thread is of course valid and has produced some interesting ideas.
Thanks for that advice Goaty. I think that you are right. Next time I introduce something on here I will just sit back watch, and wait for the outcome without becoming too involved.
Have a great week.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busters mum
How rude, especially as he is a MEMBER !!!!!
Sorry Busters mum I think that you failed to mention this bit.......

I can assure that I am not a rude person at all, in fact far from being so, but when someone makes a rude remark about me, of course I will retaliate.

Always make sure that you read and follow a thread fully to know exactly what is going on. It is very apparent from some of the silly remarks that people are not doing so.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought of another Steve, How many pubs in the UK could you go into and order a round, even two or three and not pay for them until you got up to leave?
Agree with his comment about waiting to pay though, I'd rather pay as I go along. Seemingly it's happening more in Spain now, especially since the smoking ban, people having a few pints, popping outside for a fag, never to be seen again. The famous "sinpa" has tripled since the no smoking ban. But they're probably all Brits anyway!
http://www.publico.es/espana/355898/...ley-antitabaco
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siesta

But leaving the working place aside, I've been in situations when I'm with a British friend + some friends of his that I don't know. You'd imagine that I'll be introduced to the rest and people would make an effort to talk to me and make me feel comfortable as I don't know the rest. Yeah, right. I've been totally neglected for hours and what's worse, not only by those people I didn't know but by my "friend". In Spain, that's totally impossible.
That'll be CM's football team, by the sounds of it! They like to ignore people.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Looks like you were right, Matt.
Sad really innit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.