Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
At a mere, what is it now, 250€ per head? and a year and a half waiting list I find it a tad hard to get a table.!!

He's got a hotel with restaurant just outside of Seville....that might be a bit more accessible, but of course it's not the "authentic experience" as Adrià isn't based there.
so?

Do you moan when you get in an Aston Martin that you cant put 40 bags of cement in the back?
No.

Food makes people happy, and if you only get to be truly happy once in your life then what's the harm in that?
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:52 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by arko
Does it matter tea, lunch whatever.

Of course it doesn't matter. I'm just saying you wouldn't find a Spanish person eating just a sandwich for lunch. You've had a house here for a long time so I'm just surprised you haven't noticed that. It's just different eating habits.

I didn't know that I had said I hadn't noticed, I was just making a point that it didn't matter if it was lunch or tea as long as it was a decent slice of bread and for me that would be an uncut brown loaf with lots of seeds and oats on it. I'm not a complete moron I know most Spainish people would not have a sandwich for lunch, have you ever tried to get a decent sandwich anywhere in Spain at lunch time. Not known in my area at all.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:54 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
They take ideas from other cultures, other cuisines and make changes to their own in order to make it even better.

Any examples?
No examples then? been given a lot of countries but not dishes.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

How about chips? And from which country was it copied
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
so?

Do you moan when you get in an Aston Martin that you cant put 40 bags of cement in the back?
No.

Food makes people happy, and if you only get to be truly happy once in your life then what's the harm in that?
I did try to get a table about 3 years ago now. It was supposed to be my fabulous idea for a surprise birthday present for the OH. Didn't work....if I was lucky they said they could put me on the reserve list in case there were any cancellations for this time the FOLLOWING year.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:00 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
I did try to get a table about 3 years ago now. It was supposed to be my fabulous idea for a surprise birthday present for the OH. Didn't work....if I was lucky they said they could put me on the reserve list in case there were any cancellations for this time the FOLLOWING year.
Can you imagine if you waited all that time, and spent all that money, and the place had an off-night? Sorry, but even if I were given the opportunity I wouldn't go.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Can you imagine if you waited all that time, and spent all that money, and the place had an off-night? Sorry, but even if I were given the opportunity I wouldn't go.
and Burger King, KFC and McDonnalds are thankful for it.....
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Oh dear. Think your reply says it all. If I said that in some restaurants they were spending thousands of euros on research into new methods of cooking you'd still say, 'but still haven't been given any dishes'. Do you want me to bother to investigate every restaurant in every region and every city to tell you what chefs are doing. Have the time of your life, and experience it yourself.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by encodeme
I don't think it will be on my restaurant list at that price. Thats 10 meals out for me
10 meals out and the taxis home.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:09 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

and Burger King, KFC and McDonnalds are thankful for it.....
Ah, so if the colour of my car isn't white, it's obviously black!
As it happens, the best food you can get is at home (assuming at least one of you can cook). You have absolute control of sourcing, for one thing. I think folk would be surprised at what corners certain restaurants make.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Oh yes, because chips are originally a British dish. Forgot about that
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by arko
Oh yes, because chips are originally a British dish. Forgot about that
Phew at last a dish the Brits created. I bet we wish there was a patent on it:
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:29 pm
Straw Man.

France and Belgium....
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Phew at last a dish the Brits created. I bet we wish there was a patent on it:
Unfortunately we can't. It's an argument for Spanish and the Belgians to fight out I'm afraid. The Spanish say it was the Galicians who first started frying strips of potato but the Belgians won't have that.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

France and Belgium....
Beat me to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.