Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Originally Posted by crispy
I'll start with the yorkshire puds

You want plain flour don't add any raising ingrediant 2 eggs and then you can either add mik a little at a time and mix until it is a batter, you don't want a thin batter you want it to have some body to it. I don't add all mike I like to add some fizzy water with a little milk. If you put to much liquid in then just add more flour the best way to measure this is to get yourself a glass jug put the eggs in and then add the milk and water until it reaches the 300 mil mark then add your plain flour mxing until yo get a thick running batter. I always make small puds so use a bun dish making 6 or 12 buns, place tiny drop of oil about one half teaspoon into the bottom of each then put in the oven the secrect of good yorksire is to have the fat/oil really hot after about 10 mins the fat will be hot enough take out the bun tray and then pour the mixtures into each one don't fill up to top about 3/4 full. Into oven about 180 in the middle and cook for about 25-40 mins really depends on the heat of the oven and the mixture. Featherbum it comes with practice so don't give up keep trying.

Roast tatties
Use the juice and fat from the meat that you cook you can add a little dripping from any meat also if you can buy lard from the butcher then that works fine as well.

thanks very much for your help- i shall let you know mr fb's rating of my efforts on boxing day!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

What ever country your in
God sends the food and the Devil sends the cooks
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hold on a moment, we're on here discussing if we prefer english supermarkets to Spanish ones and now you are posting items to insult us.

If you dont understand the discussion that is going here then may I suggest you just keep out of it, or read the thread again and understamd what people are saying
You should know that I don't make favoritisms with anybody, and that when we have spoken things of my country that I don't share, I have been the first one in criticizing, by example the Justice

Then I am answering to this gentleman that is saying that the food here is a rubbish, that here there is not art culinary etc etc etc. This gentleman it doesn't agree with the kitchen of Spain....Ok!For me this is very respectable. But I am suggesting to this gentleman that his opinion is as subjective and personal as the opinion of the person of this article...Or not? Because I have not said that the British food is a rubbish. This gentleman says it, I didn't. In fact, I would like to eat the cake of Cornwall

I didn't want to put this, because although you are the moderator you are British and I know that you will offend, but I have not had another alternative to the disqualifications of this gentleman, AdrianTo. I hope not to offend anybody, but certain comments deserve certain answers

Or can he say all that he wants and cannot I reply? He no longer speaks only of the super-markets, that it is indifferent for me, and maybe I had not answered him. But it already attacks to the Spanish cuisine, and here I enter

I don't believe to be so problematic for the forum because hardly I enter (for comfort of certain person/s that I am not nice ), but I will respond when I don't agree with certain things

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 8th 2008 at 6:05 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
You should know that I don't make favoritisms with anybody, and that when we have spoken things of my country that I don't share, I have been the first one in criticizing, by example the Justice

Then I am answering to this gentleman that is saying that the food here is a rubbish, that here there is not art culinary etc etc etc. This gentleman it doesn't agree with the kitchen of Spain....Ok!For me this is very respectable. But I am suggesting to this gentleman that his opinion is as subjective and personal as the opinion of the person of this article...Or not? Because I have not said that the British food is a rubbish. This gentleman says it, I didn't. In fact, I would like to eat the cake of Cornwall

I didn't want to put this, because although you are the moderator you are British and I know that you will offend, but I have not had another alternative to the disqualifications of this gentleman, AdrianTo. I hope not to offend anybody, but certain comments deserve certain answers

Or can he say all that he wants and cannot I reply? He no longer speaks only of the super-markets, that it is indifferent for me, and maybe I had not answered him. But it already attacks to the Spanish cuisine, and here I enter
You have to admit, some of your food is utter crap!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe to be so problematic for the forum because hardly I enter, but I will respond when I don't agree with certain things
Firstly, where did I mention I was expelling you

Secondly, I wont take offence, and if you look earlier in the thread I was supporting Spanish supermarkets saying they are far superior

Thirdly, the person you quote WAS NOT SAYING SPANISH FOOD IS RUBBISH!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Secondly, I wont take offence, and if you look earlier in the thread I was supporting Spanish supermarkets saying they are far superior

but come on, some of their food is utter crap Mitz, admit it... all that oil!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You'll upset him.
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

I know for 1 thing when I was living in the UK. The seafoods in the UK supermarket are not fresh. The seafoods in the Spanish coast must be better than those in the UK.
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

If I have read the previous comments, and there are people that he likes Spanish food. But if there are people that they not likes Spanish food, it doesn't happen anything. If it doesn't offend me. But there are many ways to say the things, and I didn't like the way that this person has told it. Simply. Neither it is to exaggerate my comment so much

It erases all my comments
Straw Man.

You'll upset him.
ADMIT IT!!!!

(I know, but think of the fun!)
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

We were alone and the grandmother gave birth...
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:20 pm
Straw Man.

We were alone and the grandmother gave birth...
Damn! Rumbled!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Damn! Rumbled!

Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

Hold on a moment, we're on here discussing if we prefer english supermarkets to Spanish ones and now you are posting items to insult us.

If you dont understand the discussion that is going here then may I suggest you just keep out of it, or read the thread again and understamd what people are saying

Don't tell him to leave! His posts are
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:28 pm
Straw Man.

thanks Duncan.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Dec 8th 2008 at 6:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.