Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarkets...better in Spain? or in UK?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No ..... he's not saying that ..... use a better on line translator
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:37 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Supersol usually has a lot of lines including coriander. Don't like the place myself but I do go in for odd items I need. Once got Atora low-fat suet there.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No ..... he's not saying that ..... use a better on line translator
I am trying FFS but he still makes bugger all sense!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Is it because he's British and trying to sound Spanish
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Is it because he's British and trying to sound Spanish
Ya think?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:19 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jo-ann
I have found frozen skate in the poligono as you go into Conil, and it is delicious.
Thanks Jo-ann I don't often buy frozen fish but I will give it a go
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Having said that, I do think that Spanish supermarkets are somewhat behind their counterparts in other countries
With this sentence you do say that the super-markets here are inferior to other countries?
The Spanish haven't taken to ethnic cuisine as some other parts of the world have. It is very difficult to find a full range of spices and ingredients to make Indian or Chinese food for example
Partner

The spanish art culinary is not the big super-markets of this country, nor are the McDonalds etc etc etc. The spanish art culinary is a range of plates and gastronomic varieties that has centuries, and it is worldwide well-known. Contrary to France or Italy that are better known because they have been known for decades and they sell their products better (the dictatorship in this sense also isolated a lot to the country). You are not in disposition of giving us lessons in this sense, in the" good to eat "

Indian food...For what " cojones " (balls) I want ingredients of the India if I don't eat food of the India? In Spain not exist the same quantity of people of this ethnos as in United Kingdom. Maybe for this reason here there is little gastronomy of this country, or it is almost nonexistent
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:42 am
Banned

There are sure plenty of Chinese restaurants, one on practically every street on the CDS.

Chinese are very many even on all the streets (specially for Son of Spain, just ran it reverted twice through google)
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

There are sure plenty of Chinese restaurants, one on practically every street on the CDS.

Chinese are very many even on all the streets (specially for Son of Spain, just ran it reverted twice through google)
I have tried the one in the marina in Puerto Banus, the food was crap. It would not be able to survive a week in the UK or anywhere that there is some decent competition.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried the one in the marina in Puerto Banus, the food was crap. It would not be able to survive a week in the UK or anywhere that there is some decent competition.
Personally I like Chinese food here more than in the UK (Although not tried the one in PB), well better than in NI anyway... the main reason is the sauce in Chinese food there is like jelly while here in Spain the sauces are just that, sauce.

Last edited by Econ; Dec 8th 2008 at 3:39 am.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Ya...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...rre-White.html
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:41 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
Coming from one of the most arrogant cocks ever to grace a kitchen and a man from Leeds who changed his whole name to MPW just to sound more appealing to the Chef trade!

Cock!

Oh and the article is from 2005....
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Oh dear! Not sure what's worse.... that you read that god-awful paper or you actually listen to someone as arrogant as him! Not that this thread was about whether English or Spanish food was better. You haven't done any justice to your argument quoting that ******.

I don't think anyone in this thread has ever said British food was better, either. I love Spanish food, but I am also very lucky as I come from a family of good 'English' cooks, that cook good, tastey Kentish dishes.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Are there a lot of Chinese restuarants in Alicante City or around Almoradi? Is so, what're the names of the good ones? Thanks.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on a moment, we're on here discussing if we prefer english supermarkets to Spanish ones and now you are posting items to insult us.

If you dont understand the discussion that is going here then may I suggest you just keep out of it, or read the thread again and understamd what people are saying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.