Spiders!!!

Old May 8th 2007, 7:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders!!!

Originally Posted by sam parky
I think I will wait for Lionda to tell me that
don't take any notice of her, I think she drinks you know!
Old May 9th 2007, 6:09 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Old May 9th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

After living in Australia and nearly died when I saw my first one which was bigger than my hand. I got over my phobia by thinking of them as small animals instead of insects. Apart from looking at the markings on the smaller ones for the dangerous ones which I then killed, I have got better at not bothering about them. Unless of course it has got into bed with me and wants a cuddle then I have a tantrum, usually jumping up and down flapping my arms about.
Old May 9th 2007, 8:48 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:01 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont believe it,I have just been for a walk with George,I took him to a place called Walton Nature Reserve,Iv visited the place regulary over the last five years,well Im walking along the path and then all of a sudden a whopping SNAKE slivered in front of me it was a dark grey colour,about 3-4ft long ,I was glad Id got George on the lead,he would have grabbed it and shook it,anyway I only took a couple of more steps and there in the grass was another just looking at me
I arrived back at the car park and there was a guy just about to take his little pooch for a walk,so I warned him ,and told him where Id seen them,he replied he had seen one last week My God Iv never seen one down there before,there could be loads,Ill start and take my camera,if I see another I will see if I can be brave enough to hang around and take a picture
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by jandy44
I dont believe it,I have just been for a walk with George,I took him to a place called Walton Nature Reserve,Iv visited the place regulary over the last five years,well Im walking along the path and then all of a sudden a whopping SNAKE slivered in front of me it was a dark grey colour,about 3-4ft long ,I was glad Id got George on the lead,he would have grabbed it and shook it,anyway I only took a couple of more steps and there in the grass was another just looking at me
I arrived back at the car park and there was a guy just about to take his little pooch for a walk,so I warned him ,and told him where Id seen them,he replied he had seen one last week My God Iv never seen one down there before,there could be loads,Ill start and take my camera,if I see another I will see if I can be brave enough to hang around and take a picture
Be very careful what pics you put on here, any photos of flashers and the mods will be on to you
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:35 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Be very careful what pics you put on here, any photos of flashers and the mods will be on to you

Oh Noooooooo,you dont say........
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:40 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if any of you can help me? We were in the garden this afternoon when I spotted a bright green spider on our gate I have never seen one like that before either in the flesh or on tv, magazines etc. I have an horrendous phobia of spiders so seeing this didnt go down too well!! My question is, is this spider poisonous and if not then are there any poisonous spiders in Spain? My main concern is for my little dog and also for my sanity.

Sam
I hear ya, I hate spiders!!

http://www.practicalspain.com/spanish-arthropods.htm
Hope that helps!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I hear ya, I hate spiders!!

http://www.practicalspain.com/spanish-arthropods.htm
Hope that helps!
Thanks for the link.
Its in my free beer thread at the top of page, you know the one with the info in that nobody reads.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks for the link.
Its in my free beer thread at the top of page, you know the one with the info in that nobody reads.
Is it safe to click on? I have read the post but didnt dare click on it in case a big spider was sat there staring at me lol.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:50 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Is it safe to click on? I have read the post but didnt dare click on it in case a big spider was sat there staring at me lol.
Its safe, just a small catterpillar pic on view, mostly text.
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:19 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks for the link.
and I think we know why don't we eh??
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Once upon a time.... when I was still at School... I well remember seeing a couple of younger boys hitting at something on the ground during lunchtime.. I went over and they had a grass snake there and were trying to kill it. I stopped them and went to pick it up.. thye yelled.. It's an adder. it'll kill you. Luckily I knew different. so I picked it up, and wqaqs going to put it in the hedge bottom where it would be safe, but with the ignorance of those kids I decided to take it to the biology classroom and let the teacher keep it for a while, (anything to go and see her.. ) I walked along the corridors with the snake round my arm.. It's amazing how everyone tried to get out of the way... I showed it to her.. (down lads, I meant the grass snake). and she decided to put into a tank for the rest of the day, then she let it go. But it does shaow the ignorance of people, even though there is only one dangerous snake in the UK, everyone who sees a snake thinks it's an adder.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:17 am
Young at heart

Originally Posted by mikelincs
there is only one dangerous snake in the UK, everyone who sees a snake thinks it's an adder.
The ones I saw yesterday were grass snakes,I know what a adder looks like if I was ever to see one,I think kids should be aware of the difference,we met two boys last year who were jumping around and yelling because they had seen a snake,there appears to be a few where I go and there is also a lot of kids wandering about down there.
I was once in Spain in my lorry driver days and we stopped to have a swim in a river to cool off,I saw my first rattle snake there and also large lizzards