Spiders!!!

Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:41 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders!!!

Okay... so the notification arrives in my inbox - with the title "Spiders!!!". So why oh why oh why do I feel the need to have a look... and then open every damn link on the page! I must be a sucker for punishment. I don't fear spiders... but I do get very nauseous around them (childhood experience - I won't go into details... as just typing it will make me vomit.

Ok... started typing this almost 10 minutes ago. back now, and feeling ucky!

I'm off to check under the beds, and the sofas. Oh, and will shake out my boots before I put my feet in them.

*Elle shudders*

Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:56 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Not really came across many spiders so far, only thing that scared me was some weird grasshopper with huge wings in playa flamenca. Was walking through some waste ground and it jumped onto me and got stuck on my clothes, it was huge not seen them that big before.
Had three on my plants in the last two days, but they soon fly away if you pick them up and throw them in the air. They are AFAIK, a type of cricket. We've heard the first cicadas of spring this weekend, so soon get a lot of noise from them in the afternoon and the crickets at night, but, lets face it they are only looking for mates...
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Be thankful you aren't a camel!
Attached Thumbnails Spiders!!!-camel-spiders.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
Cheers, my Lord it's a blinkin Tarantula. I was joking with Mrs last summer that we had Tarantulas in the garden and there really is!

I wish they'd stay out of my pool. It's either a Hairy Mygalomorph or a Lycosa by the looks of things.

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spi...osa_helluo.jpg

The funnelweb Mygalomorph Macrothele calpeiana (= M. calpetana) is a huge black and hairy spider, appearing dangerous, even sinister. Maybe it's the largest european spider (up to 40 mm - or more?). Macrothele is found in southern parts of Spain (Provinces of Cádiz, Huelva, Malaga, Badajoz and maybe Seville).
[Ronda, Andalusia, S Spain, March 2000.]

http://www.oeko-msc.de/Macrothele-calpeiana_1.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh they're so sweet...
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has cheered me up no end!!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I have seen more snakes than spiders and they are rare enough. ;-)
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

you didn't like my spiders?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:18 pm
Concierge

Friend tells me she always wears shoes whn she walks her dog on the waste ground opposite because of the Snakes... helppp.. I wish she had told me that, I walked her dogs last year.. never knew about the snakes..:curse:
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:38 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Friend tells me she always wears shoes whn she walks her dog on the waste ground opposite because of the Snakes... helppp.. I wish she had told me that, I walked her dogs last year.. never knew about the snakes..:curse:
I won't mention the poisonous caterpillars and toads then, don't let your dog near them or it could die.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
I won't mention the poisonous caterpillars and toads then, don't let your dog near them or it could die.
ohh I know about them.. just wasn't aware of the snakes...... :curse:
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Just asked hubby if we can cancel the removal and stay here - he says "no"
Old May 4th 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

Just asked hubby if we can cancel the removal and stay here - he says "no"
i found a spider on the wall of my house last year. it was yellow! but stranger than that...it had a huge bulbous yellow dome on its back, and looked a bit like a crab! anyway, i looked on the internet and it turned out to be a "crab spider". has anyone else seen one, wherever they live? im inland of alicante, near "sax"
Old May 4th 2007, 9:48 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by angie mccready
i found a spider on the wall of my house last year. it was yellow! but stranger than that...it had a huge bulbous yellow dome on its back, and looked a bit like a crab! anyway, i looked on the internet and it turned out to be a "crab spider". has anyone else seen one, wherever they live? im inland of alicante, near "sax"
Oh thanks Angie I wish you hadn't posted that as I will be living not far from Sax (Castalla)
Old May 4th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

Oh thanks Angie I wish you hadn't posted that as I will be living not far from Sax (Castalla)
its ok!!! take a chill pill..hehe iv seen a snake here as well. climbing down a fir tree having scoffed the contents of a blackbirds nest!!! and it still hasnt put me off being here..its heaven on earth here.
Old May 4th 2007, 2:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie mccready
its ok!!! take a chill pill..hehe iv seen a snake here as well. climbing down a fir tree having scoffed the contents of a blackbirds nest!!! and it still hasnt put me off being here..its heaven on earth here.
Just make a noise as you move about, they will soon get out your way, think how mean you look to them ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.