Spiders!!!

Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders!!!

hI,
How often do you see spiders and scopion's is it often or not?

I cured my own phobia a couple of months ago (i freaked and sweat when i saw spiders) I knew i had to get over it, to show my little girl that i was not scared.
So i got very drunk and went in the garden and picked one up from the hedge i was shaking but i have overcome it with all normal size spider's.
I would not want to pick one up every time but i am know longer crapping myself xxx
Hubby is still shit scared ha ha ha
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
hI,
How often do you see spiders and scopion's is it often or not?

I cured my own phobia a couple of months ago (i freaked and sweat when i saw spiders) I knew i had to get over it, to show my little girl that i was not scared.
So i got very drunk and went in the garden and picked one up from the hedge i was shaking but i have overcome it with all normal size spider's.
I would not want to pick one up every time but i am know longer crapping myself xxx
Hubby is still shit scared ha ha ha
Seen the odd small spider a few times, but NEVER seen a scorpion, thankfully. Fortunately I'm not afraid of spiders, but scorpions would be a different kettle of fish.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

I hate all creepy crawlies, but butterflies and moths are the worst, it´s all that fluttering I hate. Lived in the country in UK and had loads of spiders off the fields, but here have rrarelyseen a spider where we live. Did have a VERY long ccentipedeonce, bright orange colour, hubby got it in a jar and through it out, hardly fitted into the jar!:scared:
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:43 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Did have a VERY long ccentipede once, bright orange colour, hubby got it in a jar and through it out, hardly fitted into the jar!:scared:
It's a Megarian Banded Centipede. They bite!

I got bitten by one and it was a bad as a wasp sting.

Picture here http://tinyurl.com/yj4skc
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's a Megarian Banded Centipede. They bite!

I got bitten by one and it was a bad as a wasp sting.

Picture here http://tinyurl.com/yj4skc
Thanks for that, looks like the same one, had a lucky escape didn´t we?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
I hate all creepy crawlies, but butterflies and moths are the worst, it´s all that fluttering I hate. Lived in the country in UK and had loads of spiders off the fields, but here have rrarelyseen a spider where we live. Did have a VERY long ccentipedeonce, bright orange colour, hubby got it in a jar and through it out, hardly fitted into the jar!:scared:
I can pick up a rat or a snake but put a wasp or a moth near me and I am a gibbering wreck.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:16 am
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Does anybody know what type of spider it is that I keep finding in my pool during the hot summer months.

They are big, thick, black and hairy. I never see them in the garden or anywhere else apart from when they appear at the bottom of my pool.

My old gardener said they try to cool off in the pool and that they bite.

Anybody know what they are?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
Does anybody know what type of spider it is that I keep finding in my pool during the hot summer months.

They are big, thick, black and hairy. I never see them in the garden or anywhere else apart from when they appear at the bottom of my pool.

My old gardener said they try to cool off in the pool and that they bite.

Anybody know what they are?
Check out the link on post 2of this thread. ;-)
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:27 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Not really came across many spiders so far, only thing that scared me was some weird grasshopper with huge wings in playa flamenca. Was walking through some waste ground and it jumped onto me and got stuck on my clothes, it was huge not seen them that big before.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:30 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Not really came across many spiders so far, only thing that scared me was some weird grasshopper with huge wings in playa flamenca. Was walking through some waste ground and it jumped onto me and got stuck on my clothes, it was huge not seen them that big before.
OMG, I would have died
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:32 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi eveyone,
It was Sat.afternoon,I was quite happy,sat having a bit of quality time on the sofa ,with the lappy of course,my O/H had finished work early,and fell asleep on the other sofa,then all of a sudden I heard this buzzing ,happen to see a dirty great wasp on the cable to the puter well I never moved so quick ,disgarding the lappy,ran screaming to the kitchen to get the wasp spray,George because I was yelling made a fast retreat to the garden
got the wasp spray returned to the room and frantically sprayed the room,then I saw one buzzing at the window,oh god,went closer and sprayed,the flippen thing then it fell behind the sofa,O/H still asleep,by this time I decided it was time to get out of the house,so I took George for a long walk.I returned causiously went back in the room,I couldnt here any buzzing,but was still aware of the one under the sofa,so I got the pouf to rest my feet on cause I was scared it would crawl out on to my feet.By the way the puter screen was covered in wasp spray,a right mess,well the O/H woke up,I explained what had happened,I wasnt satisfied until he lifted the sofa out and remved the pesky thing,Im jumping about frantically in case it flew around the room It was a nice day,but had to close all the windows and doors so no more could get in.

Last summer I saw something huge crawling across the floor,goodness knows what it was,I didnt stay in the room long enough to find out,I went running out of the house like something demented,shutting the doors behind me,I didnt know what to do,I was scared to go back in,so I went around to a neibours house,and asked " are you scared of crawley things" he found it amusing but he did come round and removed the blighter.

Goodness what goes through Georges head ,when we are out and about if a wasp or bee comes close,I take off into a run,waving and flapping my arms about,anyone would think I was going to be murdere
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:00 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Originally Posted by jdr
Check out the link on post 2of this thread. ;-)
Cheers, my Lord it's a blinkin Tarantula. I was joking with Mrs last summer that we had Tarantulas in the garden and there really is!

I wish they'd stay out of my pool. It's either a Hairy Mygalomorph or a Lycosa by the looks of things.

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spi...osa_helluo.jpg

The funnelweb Mygalomorph Macrothele calpeiana (= M. calpetana) is a huge black and hairy spider, appearing dangerous, even sinister. Maybe it's the largest european spider (up to 40 mm - or more?). Macrothele is found in southern parts of Spain (Provinces of Cádiz, Huelva, Malaga, Badajoz and maybe Seville).
[Ronda, Andalusia, S Spain, March 2000.]

http://www.oeko-msc.de/Macrothele-calpeiana_1.jpg

Last edited by Rocky Balboa; Apr 30th 2007 at 12:03 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:06 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rocky Balboa;4717803]Cheers, my Lord it's a blinkin Tarantula. I was joking with Mrs last summer that we had Tarantulas in the garden and there really is!

I wish they'd stay out of my pool. It's either a Hairy Mygalomorph or a Lycosa by the looks of things.

Oh dear Rocky,THAT IS NASTY,what are you trying to do scare everyone off here
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:18 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

I hate spiders, scare the life out of me. When we first moved here I was made up as the only spiders we get in the house are those long spindly things which are harmless. That was until I awoke one day and stepped into the pool only to look down and see a huge hairy spider tickling my toes

It's deffo one of these, luckily they only come out at night so no more night time dips in the summer, oh no.

http://www.giantspiders.com/article11.html
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
There are Black Widow Spiders and Tarantulas in Spain.
They are, luckily, quite rare and hate humans so usually run away pretty fast.
You are more likely to get bitten by a Scorpion or a huge Centipede.
Oh thats OK then ... thanks for that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.