Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Wikiposts

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Dick be nice to the little chap. Imagine how disappointed he will be when he discovers Gib has been British for longer than it was Spanish. And Moorish for longer than both.
Well said Biggles
Why would the people of La Linea want to take over Gib, it is the only employer in town. Under Spanish rule it would be another area of mass unemployment and the peole of La Linea understand that fact.
The Spanish unions estimate 10,000 Spaniards work in Gib some legal others on the black.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

alecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, I mean its not like Spain needed the revenue from Repsol or anything eh? <big snip>
Yeah, I mean its not like Spain needed the revenue from Repsol or anything eh?
##...... Again you are in the present tense .... I am talking (here) 5/10/20 years ahead. A nationalistic Spain, with us as the common problem with the Argentine, would certainly be working 'in sympathy' with them ! Get real .... :-))
---
You need to read up on your military information, we will have jump jets on our carriers after all
##..... "Defence Secretary Philip Hammond said they would (change their minds and) now order F35-B jump jets, as originally planned by Labour at an increased cost of approx £500 million each. The Joint Strike Fighter programme, a multinational venture led by American company Lockheed Martin, will produce the fighters, but they will still not be operational until 2023"
2030 more like; though more like never, because by that time we will have the revenues of such as Denmark and will be the biggest debtor in the world : hence we will not be able to pay for them ... or the running of the vaunted carriers if they ever put to sea; or the new Trident class sub and all such make believe (in context of our imminent bankruptcy) nonsense !
---
and as I have said a dozen times already, the Dauntless is already in the South Seas and even by our most ardent critics it is considered one of the most advanced of its class in the world.
## ..... still in the present tense you are "HMS Dauntless is the second ship of the Type 45 class of air defence destroyer" ..... so bloody what ? who is it going to fire it's super-duper orgasmic missiles at ? .... at a world opinion that will be so easily and unnecessarily inflamed against us !?
---
we were told 20 years ago that Russia would rule the world, <snip>
##....... never ever will be capable of doing so .... but two of their new nuclear powered subs prowling the falkland seas, and playing spotting games with ours .... would stop such as Cameron reopening such as the Lebedev/Litvinenko spat ! And worry him more than slightly re the Falklands.
---
we have been told how powerful China is going to become but all these economies are in recession,
## .... yep, a recession ! down from double digit growth to a mere 8% .... poor buggers ! If only they could have our growth and we theirs ....
---
China artificially controls its own currency at the cost of everyone else in the world and is beginning to come unraveled, ....
##...... well ? ... just you hope that America can hold on and that the Remimbi does not become the world's default currency ....
---
Russia is one stop one way from a dictatorship
## ..... that's how it works best in that vast continent. Yes, within 10 years Putin will be the new Czar ... and the place will hold rock steady while everything to the west of him ebbs, flows and fluxes about .... alternately seeking his favours and then fearful of his exactions ....
---
I could not care less about the "New World Order" but I also don't believe one bit of it!
##..........An oxymoron .... no ? :-))
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

alecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the roughalecalgo is a jewel in the rough

Dick be nice to the little chap. Imagine how disappointed he will be when he discovers Gib has been British for longer than it was Spanish. And Moorish for longer than both.
Spain formally ceded the territory in perpetuity to the British Crown in 1713, under Article X of the Treaty of Utrecht. So we are talking 300 years in 'Brit hands'. In 711 the Berber Tarik invaded and rapidly conquered Visigothic Spain ; the Cortes dates from circa 1188, when first established in the Kingdom of León.
From about this time onwards the gradually expulsion of the moors by the spanish proceeded. Near final expulsion was achieved in 1492. This is all stuff most know and should not need commenting on. But I have itemised it out in a genuflection towards a childish behaviour that is obviously girlish and giggle prone ....
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alecalgo
Spain formally ceded the territory in perpetuity to the British Crown in 1713, under Article X of the Treaty of Utrecht. So we are talking 300 years in 'Brit hands'. In 711 the Berber Tarik invaded and rapidly conquered Visigothic Spain ; the Cortes dates from circa 1188, when first established in the Kingdom of León.
From about this time onwards the gradually expulsion of the moors by the spanish proceeded. Near final expulsion was achieved in 1492. This is all stuff most know and should not need commenting on. But I have itemised it out in a genuflection towards a childish behaviour that is obviously girlish and giggle prone ....
The Moors were effectively colonialists where the rich moved in to run their Spanish territories from their palaces. In the same way the British ran India for a while (there were only ever 4,000 Brits in India at any one time)

Hardly the same position as Gibraltar where the people of the rock identify as British or Gibraltarian

Anyway, this whole issue is just a smokescreen, it will blow over.

The Spanish people will never go to war with anyone, not a serious war anyway, they are a peaceful lot. The reaction to the Iraq wars show that. If there ever is a war in Spain it will be another civil war.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you acknowledge Gib has been British longer than it was Spanish.

It is also closer to the UK than the Falklands are to Argentina.

By the way, the British stopped referring to it as the Argentine in the first half of the last century.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:36 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alecalgo
Yeah, I mean its not like Spain needed the revenue from Repsol or anything eh?
##...... Again you are in the present tense .... I am talking (here) 5/10/20 years ahead. A nationalistic Spain, with us as the common problem with the Argentine, would certainly be working 'in sympathy' with them ! Get real .... :-))
---
You need to read up on your military information, we will have jump jets on our carriers after all
##..... "Defence Secretary Philip Hammond said they would (change their minds and) now order F35-B jump jets, as originally planned by Labour at an increased cost of approx £500 million each. The Joint Strike Fighter programme, a multinational venture led by American company Lockheed Martin, will produce the fighters, but they will still not be operational until 2023"
2030 more like; though more like never, because by that time we will have the revenues of such as Denmark and will be the biggest debtor in the world : hence we will not be able to pay for them ... or the running of the vaunted carriers if they ever put to sea; or the new Trident class sub and all such make believe (in context of our imminent bankruptcy) nonsense !

---
and as I have said a dozen times already, the Dauntless is already in the South Seas and even by our most ardent critics it is considered one of the most advanced of its class in the world.
## ..... still in the present tense you are "HMS Dauntless is the second ship of the Type 45 class of air defence destroyer" ..... so bloody what ? who is it going to fire it's super-duper orgasmic missiles at ? .... at a world opinion that will be so easily and unnecessarily inflamed against us !?
---
we were told 20 years ago that Russia would rule the world, <snip>
##....... never ever will be capable of doing so .... but two of their new nuclear powered subs prowling the falkland seas, and playing spotting games with ours .... would stop such as Cameron reopening such as the Lebedev/Litvinenko spat ! And worry him more than slightly re the Falklands.
---
we have been told how powerful China is going to become but all these economies are in recession,
## .... yep, a recession ! down from double digit growth to a mere 8% .... poor buggers ! If only they could have our growth and we theirs ....
---
China artificially controls its own currency at the cost of everyone else in the world and is beginning to come unraveled, ....
##...... well ? ... just you hope that America can hold on and that the Remimbi does not become the world's default currency ....
---
Russia is one stop one way from a dictatorship
## ..... that's how it works best in that vast continent. Yes, within 10 years Putin will be the new Czar ... and the place will hold rock steady while everything to the west of him ebbs, flows and fluxes about .... alternately seeking his favours and then fearful of his exactions ....
---
I could not care less about the "New World Order" but I also don't believe one bit of it!
##..........An oxymoron .... no ? :-))
So you want me to stop thinking in the short term but you want to be short termist yourself? A bit confusing if I'm honest.

You remind me of someone and I just can't quite put my finger on it.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

So you want me to stop thinking in the short term but you want to be short termist yourself? A bit confusing if I'm honest.

You remind me of someone and I just can't quite put my finger on it.
He just reminds me of an anti-British pillock, and therefore can be counted as a troll as all he seems to be here for is stirring up trouble.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
He just reminds me of an anti-British pillock, and therefore can be counted as a troll as all he seems to be here for is stirring up trouble.
There is something about the posting style Mike and I don't just mean the blatant plagiarism, its something else.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There is something about the posting style Mike and I don't just mean the blatant plagiarism, its something else.
Try googling his user name, some interesting results..
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:54 pm
Straw Man.

Try googling his user name, some interesting results..
Good spot Mike.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

The sentence structure is strange. Uses adjectives and nouns as verbs. Very extensive vocabulary - but not always quite right.
Spanish or South American I would guess, but English is definitely not his mother tongue
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

but English is definitely not his mother tongue
According to a profile on Digital Spay He is a HER
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:05 pm
Straw Man.

The sentence structure is strange. Uses adjectives and nouns as verbs. Very extensive vocabulary - but not always quite right.
Spanish or South American I would guess, but English is definitely not his mother tongue
If you read the first post they made on BE the clues are there. Oh well, takes all sorts I guess, at least they are not rambling like some do... oh wait, they are!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:29 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I fully agree, don't forget that Hong Kong was merely leased from China, and was never really British, Gib and the Falklands are British, even though other countries think they aren't. The people living there believe they are British, and have shown so in various referenda by a huge margin. As for Spain using force to take Gib, then as Spain and the UK are both members of NATO and the EU it would be impossible as both the EU and NATO would block it.
sorry Mike, but that isnt correct.
HK was ceeded "in perpetuity" by the Chinese Emperor.
New Territories were leased for 99 years and that is what had to be returned, just that the FCO gave it all back. Even a 5sqmile area of Kowloon was also "in perpetuity" after an assassination attempt on the British Governor.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 12:51 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the economics - Looks like Spain has ruled out leaving the Euro, and instead will be ruled from Germany..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/reign-spain-over

Sancho is no longer fighting with windmills this morning. Notions of some charming book or a small foray into the countryside have been replaced by a much more serious confrontation where Germany will demand vengeance for the irresponsible behavior of Spain. Make no mistake here, don’t get fooled again; Spain is going to come under the heel the jackboot and applying what motives you may to Germany will make little difference in the end. The current government of Spain will no longer be in control. First it will be the banks and then the regional debt and, recognizing the inevitable yet or not; the end-game began this morning. Spain is done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.