Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Originally Posted by JLFS
Exctly forums are for discussion, I like a well reasoned one, and of course it gets heated often, but that does not mean that it has to be taken too seriously.
On a side note, there is to be a law against cyber bullying in the UK, to stop anonymos people posting bad remarks.

What I dont understand if it is so stressfull, why dont they "victims" just switch off, after all it is only vitrual, not like in the playground where it is actual.
I think it's in reply to people who have had bullying facebook pages set up, there have been a number, and they have distressed many people, like seeting up a facebook page saying a teacher is a paedophile.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

When we were stationed in Cyprus 34 years ago now we lived in a house in Limmasol and the wife kept complaning about the cockroaches and final straw was when I was on excercise and one that she said was the biggest she had seen had got stuck trying to get under the door and was so big it actually managed to move the door that wasn't closed fully. On return I was tasked with resolving the problem they seemed to come in via the kitchen it was a very old house and I located the main source to be outside drain on patio outside the kitchen. Having lifted the lid I could see it was full of them. So being young and stupid I mixed up a concoction of bleach and various disinfectants etc. Just as I was going to deal with knock on the door and a friend on his wife visited. I then in my shorts and flip flops lifted the lid my friend said is this a good idea, yes this will work. I emptied the bucket of my home made concoction few seconds nothing then what seemed like millions of the dam things erupted out of the drain all over me, I was hopping around trying to get away like a demented lunatic and heard the kitchen door slam. 3 faces then appeared at the kitchen window my wife's, friend and wife all laughing hysterically. Luckily a few months later we moved onto camp into quarters and I never attempted that again. Strangely the saga embellished somewhat comes up whenever we are in each others company.

Last edited by bobd22; Jun 10th 2012 at 11:43 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
When we were stationed in Cyprus 34 years ago now we lived in a house in Limmasol and the wife kept complaning about the cockroaches and final straw was when I was on excercise and one that she said was the biggest she had seen had got stuck trying to get under the door and was so big it actually managed to move the door that wasn't closed fully. On return I was tasked with resolving the problem they seemed to come in via the kitchen it was a very old house and I located the main source to be outside drain on patio outside the kitchen. Having lifted the lid I could see it was full of them. So being young and stupid I mixed up a concoction of bleach and various disinfectants etc. Just as I was going to deal with knock on the door and a friend on his wife visited. I then in my shorts and flip flops lifted the lid my friend said is this a good idea, yes this will work. I emptied the bucket of my home made concoction few seconds nothing then what seemed like millions of the dam things erupted out of the drain all over me, I was hopping around trying to get away like a demented lunatic and heard the kitchen door slam. 3 faces then appeared at the kitchen window my wife's, friend and wife all laughing hysterically. Luckily a few months later we moved onto camp into quarters and I never attempted that again. Strangely the saga embellished somewhat comes up whenever we are in each others company.
Me and hubby are crying with laughter Good one
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

fully agree with your

pot calling the kettle ......
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:29 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
fully agree with your

pot calling the kettle ......
You don't get it do you Dominomino? Its funny watching you stumble about though.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:47 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Leave you alone for 2 mins and you are all at it again, why can't you be like me and never upsey anyone

good one, but take more water with it...............
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

good one, but take more water with it...............
I'd like to know what an "upsey" is!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:52 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'd like to know what an "upsey" is!
UPSET
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:59 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

That's right One day I will get around to reading my own posts
Old Jun 10th 2012, 2:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That's right One day I will get around to reading my own posts
I thought you were saving all your posts on a file to put in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years time.
When the queen will be celebrating her 160th jubilee.

The worlds population, which will be 99 percent muslim by then will have a right old lark about reading them.......or maybe not as humour is not exacly a virtue to be encouraged.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:33 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

He was standing over a drain in middle of the street with a brush, trying to stem the flow of cockroaches emerging from it and heading for our houses. i joined in with my base ball bat and we killed hundreds of them as they poured out, the brown monsters were coming out of our drain to escape. Even though they were wearing masks, I could see that the buggers were laughing.
Well they do say they'd survive WW3, but wearing masks and having a laugh, that just goes to show that the evil little buggers are ready for anything.

Sorry about the editing HBG, just couldn't resist.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:21 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well they do say they'd survive WW3, but wearing masks and having a laugh, that just goes to show that the evil little buggers are ready for anything.

Sorry about the editing HBG, just couldn't resist.
Nice one. Being a bit thick, it took me a while to suss out what you had done.