Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain in a 'state of total emergency' ?

Originally Posted by HBG
I don't like to take sides, but that was funny.
Its OK, despite outward appearances Steve has a pretty good sense of humour really.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 9:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Yes shows no matter what country you can't trust any politicians yesterday Spain's denied this was going to happen although everyone knew it would. I wonder now what the other "piigs" will think of Spain being bailed out differently and allegedly without the onerous conditions they have/are having to apply. Does anyone think this will end the rot? interesting if scary times
Anyone remember the European banks stress test about a year ago...Bankia passed. Just demonstrates what a load of crap comes out of europe. Now Spain is having a bailout...except it's not a bailout Also they don't know the figure they need until later this month. Estimates range from 40 billion to 380 billion...fudge fudge fudge
Old Jun 9th 2012, 9:47 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Spain is bigger than Greece, Portugal and Ireland put together. It was always thought that if Spain needed a bail-out, it would be the end of the Eurozone.

UKIP might start clapping, but they've got the brains of a rocking horse. Germany holds the key, and if they had a referendum, they'd be out of the Eurozone like a shot.

European countries have been at war with each other for thousands of years; a fat Kraut, Kohl, and an aquisient Frenchman, Mitterand, tried to change things, a noble gesture.

It looks like they've failed. We're back to square one. Skint.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 10:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Spain is bigger than Greece, Portugal and Ireland put together. It was always thought that if Spain needed a bail-out, it would be the end of the Eurozone.

UKIP might start clapping, but they've got the brains of a rocking horse. Germany holds the key, and if they had a referendum, they'd be out of the Eurozone like a shot.

European countries have been at war with each other for thousands of years; a fat Kraut, Kohl, and an aquisient Frenchman, Mitterand, tried to change things, a noble gesture.

It looks like they've failed. We're back to square one. Skint.
The world is skint. I will happily put money on the fact that within 3 years we will see things unravel in China in a massive way. The world has been living beyond its means for generations, the end came after the second world war and we never went back to how things were, how things had been and how things worked.
Still, on a plus side Germany has been victorious in Europe tonight, let the good tanks roll! (Yeah, I did nick that Flanny, and?)
Old Jun 9th 2012, 10:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

None of it matters. I've just been chasing a cucaracha around the kitchen but it got away, the first one this year. I've had a good spray up, and might find it on its back tomorrow.

I don't care much about politics or bail-outs, I'm more concerned about cucas, I can't stand them.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 11:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Sometimes it helps to 'integrate' a little with your neighbours.

For the past couple of weeks my Doberman has been concentrating on one corner of the garden at the rear, a place he used to ignore because it didn't pose much of a threat. It got so bad, he ignored the front, which does pose a threat, and went straight round the back, then coming back to get me to have a look.

It's a corner where high walls meet and you can't see into the neighbour's garden, but I couldn't see anything suspicious, yet the Doberman wouldn't leave the spot.

Earlier today I found out why. The elderly man who lived there alone was found dead today, and he had been dead for at least three weeks.
That doesn't show you up in a good light as being a very good neighbour HBG, unless there was more to it of course.

If my Spanish neighbours even go as much as 24 hours without seeing me when they think I'm on my own, they're straight around checking to see if I'm OK.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The world is skint. I will happily put money on the fact that within 3 years we will see things unravel in China in a massive way. The world has been living beyond its means for generations, the end came after the second world war and we never went back to how things were, how things had been and how things worked.
Still, on a plus side Germany has been victorious in Europe tonight, let the good tanks roll! (Yeah, I did nick that Flanny, and?)
I don't believe things were particularly good before the second world war unless you were wealthy. I am glad I am here now rather than there then.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:11 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Its OK, despite outward appearances Steve has a pretty good sense of humour really.
I will just have to take your word for that..................

didnt you just give him a backhanded compliment, meaning:

despite appearing to be an anal, miserable barsteward, he is actually not.....

Last edited by JLFS; Jun 10th 2012 at 5:14 am.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:20 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
That doesn't show you up in a good light as being a very good neighbour HBG, unless there was more to it of course.

If my Spanish neighbours even go as much as 24 hours without seeing me when they think I'm on my own, they're straight around checking to see if I'm OK.
Only a small part of his two-and-half metre high wall backs on to my property at the back. The front of his property is on another street entirely, with a similar wall all around.

From my place I can only see the satellite dish on his roof, nothing else. In the 13 years I've lived here, I've never seen anyone from that house, or even heard a sound coming from it.

I've since discovered that he was a 62-year old Swede who kept himself to himself.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:41 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JLFS
I will just have to take your word for that..................

didnt you just give him a backhanded compliment, meaning:

despite appearing to be an anal, miserable barsteward, he is actually not.....
In all honesty I think that people take others far too seriously on here sometimes. Steve has an agenda, most on here do, but I won't decry him for it, his love of Spain is commendable and even if we don't like the way he expresses it you can't deny his conviction, same as some of anti-Spain lot. Without the likes of Steve, ME and the Anti's the forum would be as dull as some out there.

This is all just pixels after all.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:45 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I don't believe things were particularly good before the second world war unless you were wealthy. I am glad I am here now rather than there then.
Really? Were people screwing themselves to death with credit card debt just to buy food from a super market, only to throw two thirds of it away and start the whole cycle the next day? The war changed our farming and shopping practices beyond the tipping point and the result is the rampant consumerism that has ruined life for so many.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:57 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Were people screwing themselves to death with credit card debt just to buy food from a super market, only to throw two thirds of it away and start the whole cycle the next day? The war changed our farming and shopping practices beyond the tipping point and the result is the rampant consumerism that has ruined life for so many.
Wonder if I got out the wrong side of bed today, you just made two successive posts with which I agree entirely.

It's all very worrying.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Wonder if I got out the wrong side of bed today, you just made two successive posts with which I agree entirely.

It's all very worrying.
Do you think someone has hacked his acount?.. Normal service will commence as soon as possible. Actually I agree with his last two posts on here as well.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I dont think there will be many Ferraris available in Madrid, the Tefl teachers have snapped them up.
In Sevilla last November, we saw an old man on the pavement making ashtrays and coasters out of old soft drink cans and selling them at 1€ each. His sign read "I want to buy a chalet in Marbella and a Ferrari - I just need a little help". We had to laugh, so we bought one!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:16 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
In Sevilla last November, we saw an old man on the pavement making ashtrays and coasters out of old soft drink cans and selling them at 1€ each. His sign read "I want to buy a chalet in Marbella and a Ferrari - I just need a little help". We had to laugh, so we bought one!
Obviously not a TEFL teacher then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.