Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Thread

The Ryanair Thread

Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:50 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair

Um. Thanks for the compliment Crispy, I think.....

Susique, no that was an impostor.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Oh well maybe next time Bill!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:06 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the all important phrase.

'Two Ls, officers only and I claim my prize.'
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Oh dear - now you've lost me - (its not difficult to lose me.......)
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:09 pm
bil
Banned

It's an old joke. I spell my name bil, not Bill. It harks back to a book called 'Bill the Galactic Hero' by Harry Harrison, an SF writer. It was a p*ss take of the Space opera genre, and Bill is press ganged into the Space Marines. When he gives his name to the petty officer to note down he says 'Bill with two Ls., the PO writes b-i-l in large illiterate letters and snarls at him 'Two Ls officers only. Learn yer place.'

A good friend read the book, lent it to me on the Friday as we went out of school, and when I went in on Monday morning, having read the book, he had gone in before me and gone thru all my books crossing out the second 'L' and writing underneath, 'Two Ls officers only.'

It stuck, so 40 years on I am still just bil, with one 'L'.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lovely story Bil, but we could be in for a rollicking for going off thread - now back to Ryanair...........
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:23 pm
bil
Banned

Well, as long as they can still fly me into Jerez reliably and cheaply, I just don't care.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

So, does anyone know what happens if a Spanish person doesn't have both surnames on their ticket? Does it matter, as long as Ryanair has our passport details? Didn't want to start a new thread, and definitely don't want to ring them (probably will cost more than the ticket) and can't seem to find the info on their website. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arko
So, does anyone know what happens if a Spanish person doesn't have both surnames on their ticket? Does it matter, as long as Ryanair has our passport details? Didn't want to start a new thread, and definitely don't want to ring them (probably will cost more than the ticket) and can't seem to find the info on their website. Thanks in advance.
I would guess as long as it is the last part of the name that you put down then it should be ok, although it is supposed to be as per passport and as it`s that company, who knows.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

We spelled our friend's name incorrectly when booking her a ticket, there was no problem.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
Just had the dates for one of my forthcoming flights moved up a day. Anyone else noticed this, or know why they are doing this?
Have you checked with customer service I flew back to UK tonight on a flight they told me two weeks ago was changed to early morning but I went online to book another and the evening flight was still available so I rang them to see what was going on and they said I could still fly on the evening flight ??? I met a lady on friday night and she had to fly back with Monarch instead, I dont know what they are up to .
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair article in todays Daily Mirror

Yes its been done to death but for anyone not in the know. It was reporting on ryanairs charging for excess hand baggage before boarding which is only fair, 1 person 1 hand luggage or else its £28 excess charge.

What was reported is that by the end of the year, ryanair will change over to an entirely online booking system, no airport check in desks will be manned. Now that begs the question of how on earth are you going to check in hold luggage!

As I have suspected for some time Mr O'Leary is trying to operate his planes like a flying bus service, passenger only, no baggage.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ryanair article in todays Daily Mirror

There will be bag drop areas in much the same way as BA currently operates (and i think Ryanair do in some airports).

In the Sunday Times today it said 75% of uncle Mick's fans check in on-line, right now.

And yes, he says he does want people just to carry hand baggage only.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:24 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Do you think there will still be the charge for checking in when booking the flights Most time I only have hand luggage but might go back this crimbo so will take hold as well.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:25 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=frigilianafreddy;7310569]There will be bag drop areas in much the same way as BA currently operates (and i think Ryanair do in some airports).

In the Sunday Times today it said 75% of uncle Mick's fans check in on-line, right now.

And yes, he says he does want people just to carry hand baggage only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he announced that about 2 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.