Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Thread

The Ryanair Thread

Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Or furtively eating a cheese sandwich underneath a blanket, whilst the cabin lights are dimmed for take off and landing?
So thats what that couple were doing last time I flew. they must have had coleslaw with it,as they looked a bit messy afterwards.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

sandy beach has a spectacular aura aboutsandy beach has a spectacular aura aboutsandy beach has a spectacular aura about

boy have i missed out i now know why they rush up to the toilets as soon as the light goes off!! it brings a new meaning to food on the move!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

On Sqeezyjet we just put our sarnies and drinks on the tray and eat away. ;-))
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

... and that bags are subject to search (and presumably illegal food and drink will be confiscated
But it's only a two and a half hour flight. Surely *anyone* can go that amount of time without having to stuff food down their necks?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pete_l
But it's only a two and a half hour flight. Surely *anyone* can go that amount of time without having to stuff food down their necks?
Well ... if you are taking an early morning flight, say 06.30 (often Security doesn't open until just before 6.00) .. you might prefer to eat your breakfast on the plane ... especially if you have kids as it keeps them occupied for a while. I don't believe hot drinks should be brought on board as they are potentially dangerous in an emergency during take-off...

Personally refuse to buy anything on board and only carry a 500ml bottle of water bought in the Departure Lounge after Security in case of thirst during the flight (or need to take medication .. a woman next to me on one flight had a headache and asked a crew member for a cup of water so she could take a painkiller only to be told she had to 'buy' a bottle of water!)

And in the cinema you aren't even allowed to bring in your own sweets (I don't eat in cinemas either but would much prefer to be sat next to someone eating jelly babies they had brought in than crunching through a tray of natchos or a bucket of popcorn!)
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Well ... if you are taking an early morning flight, say 06.30 (often Security doesn't open until just before 6.00) .. you might prefer to eat your breakfast on the plane ... especially if you have kids as it keeps them occupied for a while. I don't believe hot drinks should be brought on board as they are potentially dangerous in an emergency during take-off...

Personally refuse to buy anything on board and only carry a 500ml bottle of water bought in the Departure Lounge after Security in case of thirst during the flight (or need to take medication .. a woman next to me on one flight had a headache and asked a crew member for a cup of water so she could take a painkiller only to be told she had to 'buy' a bottle of water!)

And in the cinema you aren't even allowed to bring in your own sweets (I don't eat in cinemas either but would much prefer to be sat next to someone eating jelly babies they had brought in than crunching through a tray of natchos or a bucket of popcorn!)
But aircraft food always tastes crap the coffee is always luke warm and the beer and wine is warm
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
But aircraft food always tastes crap the coffee is always luke warm and the beer and wine is warm
I obviously hadn't stated strongly enough that I believe that with the exception of hot drinks (on planes) for safety reasons, and alcohol for licensing regulations (cabin crew also need to have the discretion to refuse to serve anyone who is obviously drunk, which wouldn't be the case if they were sipping from their own bottle of wine) I totally agree with people being allowed to bring their own refreshments onto the plane (or into the cinema for that matter) ...
I would hate to see a situation where food and drink brought from outside was severely restricted on any flight for whatever reason!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:55 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

At high altitude and low pressure, food and wine tastes very different and not nearly as good.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
At high altitude and low pressure, food and wine tastes very different and not nearly as good.
By the way this was not just a pop at Ryanair all other carriers are similar never seem to get a hot cup of coffee on a plane and I have given up on the warm beer never mind looking forward to my flight with Ryanair again on friday night !!!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:26 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Originally Posted by tawaghorne
More charges again, if you buy in the duty free shop air side and its put in a bag, you will be charged £28 for the extra cabin bag. This was on Radio Five Live last Thursday night
whats the point its cheaper in spain spirits cigaretts etc
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helenba
whats the point its cheaper in spain spirits cigaretts etc
There are duty free shops in Spanish airports too ...
And lots of people buy cigarettes there to bring back/take with them to England ... not to mention alcohol, perfume, food gifts etc ... and it all usually gets put in a bag (which as I understand it, must now be fitted inside the one piece of handluggage you plan to board the plane with - I am regularly asked to prove at check-in that my small handbag, which is usually on my shoulder, will fit inside the sports bag I also carry)
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

There are duty free shops in Spanish airports too ...
And lots of people buy cigarettes there to bring back/take with them to England ... not to mention alcohol, perfume, food gifts etc ... and it all usually gets put in a bag (which as I understand it, must now be fitted inside the one piece of handluggage you plan to board the plane with - I am regularly asked to prove at check-in that my small handbag, which is usually on my shoulder, will fit inside the sports bag I also carry)
Aiport duty free in Spain is about 15-20% more expensive than buying in Spanish shops and Kiosks etc.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:08 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea (Spanish Airports and Air Navigation) ... Aena are looking in two this as many brake there contracts with the airlines , if happen to you just email the airport you flighting from , Make sure you get a receipt is a written acknowledgement that a specified article or sum of money has been received as an exchange for goods or services .
that need to know time you boared you flight and gate no , well for cctv footage that can look at

You can still buy liquids and other substances covered by the regulations, in containers of any size, after the security screening point and on board European airline flights Aiport duty free shops. Liquids , cigarettes and gels purchased after the security screening point or on board will be packed and sealed for you in a tamper-evident bag as necessary by the shop or cabin personnel . the bag cant be repacked in to bags that are not sealed for you in a tamper-evident bag . EU Regulation (EC NO 1546/2006) adopted by the European Commission responsible for Aviation Security .

Last edited by jurdyr; Feb 11th 2009 at 10:21 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
Aiport duty free in Spain is about 15-20% more expensive than buying in Spanish shops and Kiosks etc.

I always buy my cigarettes from a tabac, but since the introduction of the new regulations regarding the amount of liquid you are allowed to carry in your handluggage, it seems the only choice is buy in the supermarket and place in your hold baggage (risking a case full of clothes reeking of whatever spirit/wine etc you packed with them) or buy airside in the Duty Free Shop.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
You can still buy liquids and other substances covered by the regulations, in containers of any size, after the security screening point
If you don't mind going broke. I made the mistake of buying a 500 ml (i.e. small) bottle of pepsi at Murcia airport, in the departure area. It cost me 2.60E. Lesson learned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.